Two MacDonnell Road
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$936
US$684
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
US$701
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$592
US$571
Agoda.com
US$364
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$216
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjunior suitepeak tramzoological gardensstandard studioown mealsinduction hobwashing up liquidself cateringstove topsmall kitchenlong term staygreat serviced apartmentlevels areagarden roadbusiness suitebasketball courtrevisit hong kong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I lived at Two MacDonnell Road for 4 months - it was chosen by my company and was only about an 8-minute walk from my office and maybe 12 minutes from the main part of Central. The location is really nice (and apparently MacDonnell road is a 'prestigious address' in Hong Kong), taking the longer walk down MacDonnell Road in the morning was nice and peaceful. The Park-n-shop supermarket being literally across the street, along with a couple of decent restaurants and massage places (never managed to make it for a massage, so I can't attest to that) was definitely very useful. Taxis were usually easy to get, though sometimes would be 'stolen' by people across the street :o( The service was always polite and professional bordering on friendly, and the room service food was good, with a 'set meal' changing daily. I never ate in the actual restaurant, though. The gym had a decent view, given the location high up in the mid-levels, but the air was pretty dead, and there was no 'changing area' to speak of - fair enough, I guess it's a small hotel. The studios are small for a longer stay, I ended up moving into an Exec suite, and would recommend that. The prices are a bit steep, though, for the facilities and service being altogether average-to-good, but I guess that's Hong Kong for you...!

Room Tip: Don't recommend studio for more than short stays. Exec suite has a good amount of space for longer stays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NewYorkdaniela
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This review is relevant only for the Coffee Shop at 2 Macdonnel Road.
We stepped into the cafe at about 7.30 pm for dinner.
We had ordered the Fillet of Sole & Nasi Goreng, the service was pretty fast & food was tasty.
However, from 8.15pm, after a few minutes of getting our dinner, we were asked to "Hurry up" as they close the shop at 9pm. Finally at 8.30, when we finished with our dinner, we were (politely) asked to leave since the shop had to be closed at 9pm.
I wasnt too pleased that even though they were open for dinner till 9pm, we were being rushed & had to leave half hour before closing.
Location wise, our table was at the end, near the windows, which gave us great views of the city.
Overall, great food, good views but you are rushed to leave soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaVoyageurMonde
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Two MacDonnell Road for 6 weeks when I moved to HK in October 2010. It was absolutely fine as a base to start with but could do with a microwave in room. The hot plate was a little dodgy but I was out and about, exploring my new home. The gym is adequate, laundry service efficient and room service was ok.

I know it's used for a few companies (most people I knew in my company who were expats had stayed here at some point) so it may not be the best place to be on holiday. It is centrally located though and I loved wandering across to the Zoological gardens to see the monkeys at the weekends. Handy minibus service down into town too.

Room Tip: The high floor tip others have given will enhance your stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Location- a bit far from metro, take some time to walk up there. But there is a bus at metro Admiralty can take you up there. The area is residence, not so much shop or store. Quiet at night. When you go back late, you might need to take taxi. Not in the downtown. It is not far from the mountain railway, take about 10mins walk to the station. Taking taxi wont cost you much.

No breakfast. With Gym. Wifi accessed.

Room- clean, because they dont have standard for my friends and me, they upgraded us to business suites, spacious, with simple kitchen, cozy living room. But for no reason,their aircon is freezing! I need to ask housekeeping to give me blanket, otherwise i would have to fight with my friend for quilt. With great view from room.

There are one tiny cvs around, and one supermarket, basically you can get anything you want, if you want to cook for your own.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you like to be in the center of the action, this probably isn't the hotel for you. It's located on a quiet residential street, and nearly everything is a taxi ride away. That said, the hotel is clean, the staff friendly, and the prices reasonable. Studio, one- and two-bedroom units are more like apartments than hotel rooms and seem to attract a lot of business people on short-term assignments. A free shuttle to downtown central runs early in the morning and again from about 5 to 7 p.m.

Room Tip: The higher priced executive suites offer nice views of downtown Hong Kong, especially from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family