I can see very mixed reviews for the Ramada. I chose to stay here because the location was perfect for my need, i.e. very close to University of Hong Kong. But the hotel has other things to recommend it -- large rooms, with a separate sitting area -- making it perhaps twice as big as the standard (tiny) rooms in most hotels. The email is free, and I got breakfast thrown in for a price perhaps half of what I would pay at other hotels. The staff were nice, and I had no problems.
So, why would you not stay here? Yes, it's tired and in need of refurbishment. It's also not at an MTR (subway) station. Taxis can be hard to get in this part of town, especially in rush hour. So, maybe it's not so great for a standard business trip. But if you like the tram (and I do), it's a 10 minute ride from Sheung Wan station.
The Cityflyer A12 bus stops across the road on Water Street. Only HK$45 direct from the airport. About 35 minutes. Also very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Special Notice on Hotel Rebranding: Ramada Hong Kong Hotel will be renamed as BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong effective from 1 September 2015. This will be the first hotel in Hong Kong carrying “PLUS”, a superior brand of the BEST WESTERN HOTEL GROUP. The rebranding renders a hotel name change; while the ownership, the management & the entire workforce will stay the same. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ramada
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong