We chose this hotel for the location as we wanted to stay in that part of Hong Kong. We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday and 2 nights at the end.
We paid £30 a night extra for a third bed in the room. For our first stay we had a normal room with the bed put between the middle of the twin beds and so there was very little space. For our second stay there had been a harbour view suite available which cost £30 more than our other room and was incredibly spacious. The extra bed was put in the corner of the sitting room. There was an en suite and another loo. The view though technically not of the harbour was brilliant. It was fun watching the ferries go by and the sun setting.
We found the staff fine but do think that there could have been more help with luggage and opening doors. The rooms were clean and had all the usual things. WiFi is now free and very good.
We did not have breakfast included so made use of the 7-11 just across the road and a very chinese dimsum restaurant a few doors away.
We liked the location as it is in a very chinese area near all the dried fish shops! We walked to the ferries in about 20 minutes. We always managed to get taxis easily and used the tram.
While not the best hotel I have stayed in, it was perfectly adequate and for Hong Kong not bad value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Special Notice on Hotel Rebranding: Ramada Hong Kong Hotel will be renamed as BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong effective from 1 September 2015. This will be the first hotel in Hong Kong carrying “PLUS”, a superior brand of the BEST WESTERN HOTEL GROUP. The rebranding renders a hotel name change; while the ownership, the management & the entire workforce will stay the same. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ramada
- Best Western Plus Hotel Hong Kong