In a city known for astronomical hotel rates, the Hotel Panorama in Tsim Sha Tsui is a moderately-priced option with good views of the famed harbour IF you pay for it or IF you are lucky enough at check-in to be given a room with a view. I booked and prepaid for 2 non-smoking rooms supposedly with harbour views almost 7 months before my intended check-in date. When I checked-in just before New Year's Eve, we were allocated smoking rooms which to me were unacceptable. So I politely asked for the rooms to be changed to non-smoking ones which meant that we had to endure a long wait...we were able to occupy the rooms at 4 p.m. The reception staff were not very friendly or accommodating presumably because the hotel was immensely busy during the holidays and this was taking it's toll on them.
Anyway, the rooms allocated to us had obstructed but generally acceptable views of the harbour. I no longer wanted to nitpick regarding this because we were already quite tired from the trip and it was just a relief to enter the rooms at that point. Thankfully, the room was comfortable and had all the amenities one will need for a short stay in Hong Kong. The bathroom, although small, was acceptable as well. Later that evening, I found out how supremely comfortable the bed, duvet, and pillows were.
The inclusive breakfast was served in the cafe at the reception level. The restaurant was so small that the buffet tables were set up in the hotel lobby. Both the lobby and the restaurant were small...and by small I mean small, not intimate.
The fitness center on the ground level is in a separate building within the hotel compound. Much to my surprise, it is adequately-sized and well-equipped.
Staff attitude all over the hotel ranges from warm to distant. We stayed for 5 days so we felt welcomed on some days, dismissed and ignored on other days.
Hotel rates in this very expensive (and sometimes very inhospitable) city can sometimes be an indication of the level of service one will get. I've been treated quite well in some hotels in Hong Kong but I've also paid very, very dearly for my stay there. Since I paid a reasonable amount per room per night at Hotel Panorama, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that I also got spotty service in return.
Would I return to Hotel Panorama? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Panorama by Rhombus is the tallest triangular deluxe business hotel overlooking Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui. A mere 2-minute walk from the MTR East Tsim Sha Tsui Station, one stop from the MTR Hung Hom Station and a 5-minute drive from the Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal. Contemporary guestrooms range in Silver to Gold and Club HarbourView to Executive Club HarbourView, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour or the city. Each guestroom is equipped with complimentary handy smartphone with unlimited local & international calls*, and unlimited mobile internet. Located at the lobby level, Cafe Express offers casual dining experience while AVA Restaurant Slash Bar on the 38th floor with a breathtaking Victoria Harbour views is set to impress. Other facilities include Rhombus Club Executive Lounge, Meeting Rooms, Fitness Centre, Business Centre and Sky Garden *International calls can be made to USA, China, Singapore, Australia and Japan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Panorama by Rhombus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama By Rhombus Hotel
- Panorama Hotel Hong Kong
- Panorama By Rhombus Hong Kong
- Hotel Panorama Hong Kong
- Hotel Panorama By Rhombus Hong Kong