“Very good location”

Ranked #86 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good location”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very good located hotel in the Tsim Sha Shui district. The rooms are not very spacious but are clean and comfortable. We booked a Club room, free Wifi, breakfast, all day free coffee, tea, non alcoholic beverages and in the evening free cocktails.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Raoul S
Robert L, Manager at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Raoul S: Thank you for sharing your visit with us from October 2013. We appreciate your kind words about our Rhombus Club and services. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Robert Lemkay, Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have traveled to Hong Kong many times in the past. We like staying in the Tsimshatsui district because it is better suited for tourists. We have stayed in several hotels in the past, e.g. Hyatt Regency, Royal Pacific, Kowloon, Mira and Langham. During our last visit in May 2014, we had to find a reasonable hotel to stay for a total of ten nights. We found out that most of the hotels we have tried in the past charged over US $200/night until I came across the relatively new Hotel Panorama by Rhombus situated in the heart of Tsimshatsui. It is very close to several shopping centers like K-11, i-Square and The One. There are many restaurants and bars in the surrounding area. It is less than one block from the Metro station entrance. The rate was very reasonable and the service offered by the hotel staff was excellent. The higher floor rooms get much better view of the harbor and free buffet breakfast and WiFi. The rooms are average in size for Hong Kong but they are clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have better view of the Hong Kong Harbor and WiFi.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry94577
Dear Larry94577: Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and felt good value for your money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The first day I arrived on 26th May 2014 midnight at Hotel Panorama to expect to have a good nice rest. The hotel location was good with easy access to nearest MTR station, Tsim Sha Tsui & East Tsim Sha Tsui (where we needed to take MTR to Shenzhen the following morning). However upon checking into our room with my husband, we discovered a cockcroach near the window area. Luckily, my husband caught it. The carpet was not that clean actually but good thing they provided the bathroom slipper so I wore them in the room. The furniture already a bit old & we were expecting king size or at least queen size bed. But they gave us 2 double beds instead where they claimed they had upgraded our room earlier. The room was considered as spacious compared to other hotels in Kowloon area. So we just accepted the room & stayed even though the thought of having another cockcroach actually kind of freak me out.
Our room was the corner unit on 15th level & had quite a good view of the Hong Kong Island & sea view though we could see other apartments which were quite close to the hotel. The bathroom was also with full glass window view & we could forget at times to wind down the blind during shower especially with good view.
Also a bit disappointed the Wi-Fi only available at the lobby café area instead in all the rooms. So we had to go to the lobby area every now & then to check our Whatsapp messages, emails & facebook.
The bed mattress was quite ok but the pillows were too soft that I could not sleep properly at night & even putting 2 pillows together did not help much. I hope they can improve on the quality of the pillows to be slightly harder & not too soft.
The fitness corner was at the 40th level, Sky Garden area & with stunning view while exercising although there was no air-con due to the open concept. One of the thread mill machine was under repair. Fortunately there was no other hotel guests using except me & I could exercise there without the need to queue for the thread mill machine.
For location, it was really good & convenient to MTR, eateries places & shopping areas.
Maybe next time if I do come back again to stay at Kowloon, I will consider this hotel provided to pay a bit higher price for the Club Harbour view room. But after having the cockcroach issue, I am not so sure I will come back to patronise this hotel again as I place cleanliness & hygiene as number one in my hotel list.

Room Tip: Always ask for high room & corner room if possible for sea view & Hong Kong Island view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CFSMCHERYL
Dear CFSMCHERYL: Thank you for your recent stay with us. Overall I can see you enjoyed your time with us, but I also would like to apologise for the issues you encountered with your room. Like many city buildings, sometimes insects do get into the building, therefore we do have a regular pest control service that goes through the hotel on a regular basis. I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a restoration project and new items are being placed inside our rooms. We also are currently installing Wifi on our lower levels of the hotel to improve our services throughout the hotel. Our fitness centre has been currently relocated to the 40th floor. I do understand in the summer weather this may not be a suitable environment for everyone, and I am pleased to say that the renovation of our gym on the ground level should be ready by the end of the summer making this feature back in an indoor environment.

We do hope you will allow us another try in the future.

West Midlands
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we stayed at Hotel Panorama for 3 nights in May 2014. We had an executive suite and even paid for a corner room which we thought had the best view of the Harbour. What a disappointment; there was a very large building stuck right in front of our window which totally spoilt the view. I understand that space is restricted in Hong Kong but really they shouldn't advertise great views if you don't really get one. The room itself was a good size for the 2 of us. The location was great, there was plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance and the train station was not far away. The main reason I would never go back to this hotel is the staff. I have travelled a lot and have always found Hotel Staff to be friendly but not in this hotel. They were just rude! They totally blanked you, even the door staff coming and going into the Hotel, you said hello and nobody even looked at you let alone answered, they were all too busy chatting! We also tried to ask a few questions of the staff in the executive lounge regarding getting back to the airport, and they were of no help whatsoever! I asked about a car to take us to the airport and was quoted a price of HKD700, which was steep but I thought travel in style. Then I was told that there was no car so I would just have to get a taxi; fair enough so I enquired as to how long it would take to get to the airport and what cost the taxi would be. They said they didn't know how long ( which I find difficult to believe) and that the taxi wouldn't cost much more than the car from the Hotel. We went down when it was time to leave and sorted out a taxi ourselves and the cost.....less than HKD200!! That is some price difference. I understand that the Hotel would've probably used a luxury car but still. They really just couldn't be bothered to help us in any way and I felt more of a nuisance than anything else; considering I was paying the bill that was not the way I wanted to feel. It really put a dampner on our stay in Hong Kong. It doesn't cost anything to be friendly and polite so I think the staff need to be re-taught this!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank treacle44
Robert L, Manager at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Treacle44: Thank you for your recent review. We are quite concerned about the comments you have made regarding service and your overall experience in our Rhombus Club. This is certainly not the normal, as we are always receiving high compliments from our guests regarding our Club level and its employees.
I would like to gather more information from you so we can investigate internally and make any necessary adjustments. Please email at: robert_lemkay@hotelpanorama.com.hk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Family friends recomended this hotel and we were not disappointed. We upgraded to a club room to give us a good view of the harbour, it was well worth the extra and included breakfast and free wifi. A club room also gives access to the club lounge where free drinks (including gin & whiskey) and snacks are available between 5.30 and 8pm. The lounge was a little busy and noisey at times but we met up with some very interesting people. We used the free airport shuttle bus which stops just around the corner. The Golden Mile is just a two minute walk away with shops and resturants in abundance. If we every return to Hong Kong we would stay at the Panorama again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room well worth the extra.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave W
Dear Dave W: Thank you for sharing your experience with us from December 2013. We are pleased you enjoyed our Rhombus Club services and lounge. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

2nd time at this hotel in two years and will come back again.
Great value for what you get. Paid the extra for Executive room
and got a room with the best views of Hong Kong island and
the harbour.
The rooms are very clean, very roomy and have every facility you
want like iron, ironing board, mini bar fridge,tea and coffee making
facilities, a safe, wifi etc. Service is 1st class, you will be looked after
very well.
Great location, MTR subway just 2 min walk away and foreshore just
8mins.

Room Tip: Executive club room
Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Paul S: Thank you for your continued patronage with us, and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about our employees and services. We look forward to your next trip to Hong Kong.

Chandigarh
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The views from the higher floor rooms and the 40th floor of the hotel are breathtaking. Only the club rooms have free wifi and breakfast. The lower floors do not have wifi and just wired internet on chargeable basis. If you pay for breakfast and wifi, the cost turns out to be higher than the club rooms. Breakfast doesn't have variety and can be avoided.

No complaints about the service. Location is excellent, very close to Tsim Tsa Tsui station and shopping at Nathan road.

Room Tip: Opt for the harbor view rooms, worth the extra money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kguneet: Thank you for your recent review. We are happy you enjoyed our service and location. I apologise breakfast was not to your liking and I will pass along these comments to our Food and Beverage team for further review and action. Regarding the wifi in the hotel, I am pleased to announce that we are currently installing wifi on our lower levels of the hotel making it more convenient for everyone to access in the room. We can always build a hotel package for you that includes services such as wifi, thus I would recommend for you to contact our hotel website directly for your next booking.