The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ovolo Central(Hong Kong)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,061 results
All reviewsamber restaurantlandmark mallround bathwalk in closetfour seasonsoffice buildinglan kwai fongliving areahuge bathroomfavorite hotelsteam roomindoor poolin room diningcentral districtconcierge teamluxury hoteldirect access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Location: Bang in central
Hotel: Small, part of multi-use development with offices, retail; indoor pool, spa, 2 restaurants
Room: The best I've ever stayed at
Positives: Great room, good service
Negatives: No great views, breakfast in restaurants not served until 7am
TA ranking at time of writing: #16/508

This was my 1st stay at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental and was impressed by the warm welcome and quick check-in. The hotel is right in the middle of HK Central close to an MTR station, straddled by buses and tram on either side and walkable (with light luggage) from IFC/HK station. There are 2 restaurants, one which doubles up as a bar by night. I didn't make use of the pool/spa services.

Mine was a corner room with windows on all fronts - bedroom, bathroom and living room. I must add here that I did prefer this room over the one at Upper House because of optimal use of space. The bathroom had 2 entrances - 1 each from living and bedroom. The room was very cosy with a long sofa and a king size bed, walk in wardrobe; bathroom had 2 wash basins, shower + bathtub.

Now to not so good things. I wish that the switches around the room had some indication. Also, both restaurants start serving breakfast at 7am, would've thought that service started earlier, I think they may be serving in the room before that, but I hadn't checked. Also, given that the hotel is within a larger complex that houses retail shops, I had 1 sleepless night (until mid-night) with some work going on next door; the staff was kind to offer me a room swap onto the other side but assured me that the work would stop at 9pm and hence I didn't opt for it, the work did stop at 9pm that evening.

All in all, a great hotel, good service, very well located. Will certainly opt when I'm in HK next.

1  Thank Traveleator
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at--perhaps the very best. From arrival to departure, the service was extraordinarily good--so good that it made me reconsider how I treat my clients and others around me. Every staff member seems genuinely concerned about everything having to do with your stay.

The room itself was beautiful. The bed was large and comfortable, and the bathroom, with a huge tub, is the best I've ever seen.

The hotel's restaurant, Amber (two Michelin stars), is fabulous, as is the spa.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan_90401
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Upon checking in according to my husband, the receptionist did not want us to wait because our room was still being made up, they immediately upgraded us to a suite. From the doorman to the reception desk, the staff was very accommodating. We could not ask for more, all the amenities in the suite were beyond our expectations. The Mo Bar was great, music, food, ambiance was super.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Nothing but praise for this top class hotel ideally located in Central. I love the fact that the staff remember your name and greet you so charmingly everyday. Rooms are very nicely furnished and ooze class as does the rest of the hotel. Mo bar is cool and doubles as a super buffet breakfast room in the mornings.

Other nice touches included being handed water bottles when going out (very humid in June) and a souvenir note book with 2 Mo bar CDs. Use of the spa before leaving for the airport to change and freshen up was also greatly appreciated.

If you get the chance to stay here then you should.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed at the Landmark Mandarin for 5 days in June on business. The service was fantastic and the location was perfect - In the heart of central Hong Kong with access to the rail system (and the mall) without having to walk outside in the rain / sweltering summer humidity. The room service menu was good. The hotel restaurant Amber provided fussy, but delicious food. Rooms were spacious and expertly appointed - the bed was excellent and the bathroom was enormous. The gym was adequate with cardio, some weights and very nice lap pool which was seldom in use. In my opinion, the only drawback to this property is the lack of view compared to other options in Hong Kong.