“I wish I could live here!”

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I wish I could live here!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel is outstanding on every level. I have stayed in 3 different room types so far, and I actually really like the typical room, eventhough i have also stayed in the largest suite. It is so well appointed and lovely, the bathroom is awesome. It is fresh, clean and luxurious. The staff treats you like royalty during your entire stay. I took a yoga class in the spa and it was excellent. Many locals actually use the gym, I was the only guest in the class on a week night and teh teacher made a point to have everyone greet me! It's location cannot be beat, in the heart of Central. Sure, its also really expensive, but if you have the opportunity and the funds, go for it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Inkylouise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Landmark Hotel is a Mandarin Oriental located in the Landmark Building, where scores of global luxury brands are arrayed in a well-designed vertical mall, complete with casually elegant dining opportunities.

The hotel is located in Central, in the middle of everything, which made getting around very easy. The lobby is adjacent to the shopping entrance, but grand and warmly receptive. Staff greeted us at the car and whisked away our bags, while someone else escorted us to check-in, which was efficient and friendly. It took only a few minutes from curbside to our room.

We stayed in a deluxe king room, which was practically a suite, with a comfortable seating area with an enclosed snack and drink bar, a desk, a spacious bedroom with a walk in closet and a truly seductive bathroom, complete with a very large round tub, a walk in closet and double sinks. As much as I wanted to see Hong Kong, I could have stayed in all day!

Design is contemporary -- clean lines, muted colors, natural stone bath fixtures. The bath/personal care amenities were lovely - high quality, lightly scented and gently on the skin. The bathrobes were capacious and the slippers were actually comfortable. Towels could have wrapped around two people easily...very indulgent!

The in-room bar was simply stocked and unlike most hotels these days, wasn't electronic, so you could actually touch things without having them appear on your bill. I felt more like a "guest" than a "customer." (Nice.)

The wifi was included in our room rate, and an IT specialist appeared right after check in and connected two iPads and two phones without hesitation or difficulty -- or additional charges.

Room service was prompt and beautifully presented. The concierge arranged our hotel transport, which was smooth and quite comfortable. (Cost: $130) In fact, all service was well done, humble without being smarmy. Very gracious!

The room rate was very reasonable for the caliber of the hotel and the service at HK$4,700/night (US$590).

My only (small) complaint was that the pillows were foam and the bed a little too firm. Feather pillows, please!

Room Tip: The second floor is the shopping level for those interested in shopping.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Rosemary-NY
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I usually stay at the sister hotel, The Mandarin but decided on this business trip I would try something a little different. I loved the boutique feel of the hotel, ideal location with an entrance directly from the hotel into the Landmark shopping mall. Check in was efficient and very friendly and my initial room whilst impressive was so close to the building next door I felt uncomfortable. The hotel explained thatthere was building works on the other side of the hotel but they could move me. The second room was exceptional, large with a stunning bathroom, fluffy towels and beautiful toiletries.. The construction turned out to be very unobtrusive. I used the ample fitness room every day and it was impressive that the lady assisting clientele knew my name, water and fruit always on hand.

The Mo bar was lively, again staff recognised I was a guest of the hotel and found me a table the two times I visited. The drinks are a little expensive but hey, this is HK and in one of the top hotels, you get what you pay for I guess!

The service at this hotel really is exceptional, everyone remembers your name and nothing is too much trouble. On business I prefer efficient, clean and stress free, the Mandarin Landmark certainly lived up to expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not directly overlooked at close proximity.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DeboraTravels
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Location: Bang in central
Hotel: Small, part of multi-use development with offices, retail; indoor pool, spa, 2 restaurants
Room: The best I've ever stayed at
Positives: Great room, good service
Negatives: No great views, breakfast in restaurants not served until 7am
TA ranking at time of writing: #16/508

This was my 1st stay at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental and was impressed by the warm welcome and quick check-in. The hotel is right in the middle of HK Central close to an MTR station, straddled by buses and tram on either side and walkable (with light luggage) from IFC/HK station. There are 2 restaurants, one which doubles up as a bar by night. I didn't make use of the pool/spa services.

Mine was a corner room with windows on all fronts - bedroom, bathroom and living room. I must add here that I did prefer this room over the one at Upper House because of optimal use of space. The bathroom had 2 entrances - 1 each from living and bedroom. The room was very cosy with a long sofa and a king size bed, walk in wardrobe; bathroom had 2 wash basins, shower + bathtub.

Now to not so good things. I wish that the switches around the room had some indication. Also, both restaurants start serving breakfast at 7am, would've thought that service started earlier, I think they may be serving in the room before that, but I hadn't checked. Also, given that the hotel is within a larger complex that houses retail shops, I had 1 sleepless night (until mid-night) with some work going on next door; the staff was kind to offer me a room swap onto the other side but assured me that the work would stop at 9pm and hence I didn't opt for it, the work did stop at 9pm that evening.

All in all, a great hotel, good service, very well located. Will certainly opt when I'm in HK next.

1 Thank Traveleator
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at--perhaps the very best. From arrival to departure, the service was extraordinarily good--so good that it made me reconsider how I treat my clients and others around me. Every staff member seems genuinely concerned about everything having to do with your stay.

The room itself was beautiful. The bed was large and comfortable, and the bathroom, with a huge tub, is the best I've ever seen.

The hotel's restaurant, Amber (two Michelin stars), is fabulous, as is the spa.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan_90401
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Upon checking in according to my husband, the receptionist did not want us to wait because our room was still being made up, they immediately upgraded us to a suite. From the doorman to the reception desk, the staff was very accommodating. We could not ask for more, all the amenities in the suite were beyond our expectations. The Mo Bar was great, music, food, ambiance was super.

UK
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Nothing but praise for this top class hotel ideally located in Central. I love the fact that the staff remember your name and greet you so charmingly everyday. Rooms are very nicely furnished and ooze class as does the rest of the hotel. Mo bar is cool and doubles as a super buffet breakfast room in the mornings.

Other nice touches included being handed water bottles when going out (very humid in June) and a souvenir note book with 2 Mo bar CDs. Use of the spa before leaving for the airport to change and freshen up was also greatly appreciated.

If you get the chance to stay here then you should.