“Fantastic Hotel & Excellent Staff 5 Star”

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
redditch, england
“Fantastic Hotel & Excellent Staff 5 Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

From the concierge pick from the airport I recommend this for every one , they meet you just as you step off the aircraft and fast track you through to a waiting Mercedes, will always do this from now on.

Next they are waiting out side the hotel for you to arrive, they took us up to our room, but to our surprise they upgraded us to a suite.( Fantastic),. We thought we might have a nice room as this was my husbands 60th birthday present, but we did not expect this, they really did spoil us.

The room had a sitting room, dinning area , 2 toilets, a wonderful bathroom with Jo Malone products, his & Hers walk in wardrobe , and a wonderful bed with the best sheets I have ever slept in. The shower was powerful and very big, best ever. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world but this one is hard to beat, in the respect the staff would go out of their way to help you , but not over the top.

The Amber restaurant is Michelin star & the service was outstanding from the assist manager & the girl at the front of house. The food was excellent.

The have a bar downstairs which is very nice , very busy I believe it is quite the place to meet up it seemed to be very popular, although we only had a drink their .

This hotel is on HK island and I would recommend anyone having a holiday here in HK to stay on the Island its so very close to everything you want to visit, it just seemed a nicer place than Kowloon to me.

The Manager James Yap even came up to us to ask us if we were having a good time , he was such a nice man, that's why this hotel works well as his staff seem very happy to be working their. I would defiantly return to this hotel as its very central to everything you want to see,

I would recommend this hotel for couples, Business travellers.

A big thank you to all the lovely staff at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental

Alison & Fred Hicks

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs Hicks, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental. Your comments are a source of inspiration to myself and all the staff who are here to ensure that your stay is memorable.

We are honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate the special occasion of Mr Hick’s 60th birthday and hope to welcome you back when you next visit the city.

Until next time, our very best.

Greg Liddell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

PLEASE go to breakfast downstairs at the MO bar.. the staff there are incredibly welcoming and warm with a touch of a sense of humor too! The presentation of the breakfast was very artsy and displayed with such care and attention to detail. I felt that I was at an old friend's home for breakfast each morning! The concierge services immaculate. The spa incredible. The training room really nice. And the rooms are great (in need of some refurbishing i.e. coffee table was old and scratched everywhere). Most important thing about this hotel is the dedicated staff. I cannot say enough about how welcoming and easy this hotel feels. I want to go back to Hong Kong just to stay there. BUT I do hope they renovate the rooms soon.. It looks like its time! However, please know that the bathrooms are just great! I cannot say enough about how wonderful the service is and the staff. The restuarant upstairs is perfection. Breakfast or dinner... Outstanding chef in all meanings of the word. Being in the Landmark Center is shopping heaven if you like shopping in high end stores!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.

We’re happy that you enjoyed our location, services and facilities and felt at home which is what makes our hotel so unique. We value your comments on our room refurbishment which will be included as part of our maintenance programme over the next 3 months.

We look forward to welcoming your back to our Landmark address on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Until then, all the best.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Been staying in this gorgeous hotel for over 20 years, it is fantastic albeit in a slightl time wharp in the best possible way! Only wifi in the hotel limo picking up from airport not on the way back!

Room Tip: Choose a harbour view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong.

We’re honored that you’ve been a loyal guest for the last 20 years and value your feedback. We will share your post with our colleagues at the hotel and should you plan another trip to Hong Kong in the future, we would be happy if you were to consider a stay at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental also.

Until then, our best wishes.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel was fantastic, cannot say a bad word about it! Food was great, staff and service were also great. One of my friends who I was travelling with became ill during our stay here and one of the staff members came in a taxi to the hospital with her and translated for her which I thought was great. Also had a fresh fruit basket and a get well note when we arrived back. Very very impressed, will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with our service and food excellence as we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.

I hope that your friend has made a full recovery since your stay in Hong Kong and we look forward to welcoming you all back sometime in the future.

Until then, my very best,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We recently stayed at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong. It was a very enjoyable stay. The attention to detail and the very attentive staff is what made our stay at this hotel special. The location is right in the middle of Central district so is very convenient. We can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona B
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.

Our location and service are part of the hotels’ best attributes and I am delighted that these were some of the highlights during your stay.

In a city like Hong Kong, where there are many choices of 5-star Luxury hotels, I want to thank you for choosing The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

Best regards,

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a outstanding location with comfortable rooms, wonderful beds and excellent hospitality. All up the stay is fantastic and value for money. If we return to Hong Kong, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank suzykim
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong lived up to your expectations.

I appreciate the time that you have taken to review your stay as we value your comments & feedback.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Hong Kong.

On behalf of everyone here, all the best,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Do not consider myself a heavy business traveller but have done a bit. This is possibly the nicest hotel I have stayed in. My standard room was massive, staff were understated lovely. I did not have breakfast service the first few days and when I first used it, got such a lovely welcome. It's so central too. I would go back in a heartbeat. A minor drawback - my room was very dark. Otherwise, nothing to fault it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business