“Outstanding”

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #4 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just cannot fault the quality of the rooms and the service here. I was upgraded to a suite after a long and difficult flight. All of the staff, without exception, were superb, and it seemed that every need was anticipated and catered for.

The MO bar was also a great venue and breakfast was plentiful, well-presented and efficient. It is rare that I decide to return in personal time to hotels I visit on business, but this is the exception.

Room Tip: My room was a little noisy at night - but this is Hong Kong! If noise bothers you, mention this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, we're happy to read that you had an outstanding experience and that you appreciated the gesture of the upgrade on arrival. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Food and Service and happy that you found it all to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and will ensure that you are allocated a quieter room during your next stay.

There are newer reviews for The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed again in the Landmark Mandarin. Although 3 years ago the welcome was genuine and businesslike. I had no local currency for the taxi but this was immediately looked after by one of the Hotel Managers. Used their Egon Ronay 2 star restaurant. Magnificent. Service excellent, friendly and not ostentatious. However do save up to use the restaurant ! The only issue which I raised was a charge for wifi. They did send me a long letter explaining politely their position. Cost was given as a reason, but they are running the hotel on what I would suggest are very good margins. Nowadays any 5 star hotel MUST facilitate wifi at no charge.

Room Tip: Tried to get an upgrade as a returning customer but to no avail.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank expert186605

Thank you for your continued support of The Landmark Mandarin Oriental. We're happy to have been able to assist you with your arrival and that you enjoyed your experience at our 2 star Michelin restaurant - Amber. We value your feedback on our WiFi charges and the good news is that we now offer via our website complimentary WiFi when you book a published rate and create an on-line profile before you arrive. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next plan a visit to the city.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the moment you walk through the doors the customer service you receive is phenomenol! This hotel is very personable and ready to accomodate anyway possible. Extremely friendly, great great staff. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. I would say this hotel, Concierge is great specially Mike, he gave me my visa for China without stepping out of the hotel in only 6 hours, food is great also! I would only have softer mattresses, much softer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is very encouraging to read that you enjoyed our service and rooms. Our colleagues like Mike in the Concierge team are a valuable asset to our team in such an intimate and residential surrounding. Please let us know when you next visit so that we may ensure you have a good nights' rest.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

its a modern twist to MO's usual classical design , its very contemporary , one of the largest deluxe rooms ive ever been too, infact its as good as a suite , in any other hotel.
I loved their service , and location , ideally I preferred the older mandarin oriental in HK , however it was worth the shot , the only setback would be the hard rock solid bed, and uncomfy pillows

try the amber , if you had the time. and the MO bar. most of all , I loved the attachement of any shopping complexes nearby

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. You have many choices when it comes to luxury 5 star hotels in Hong Kong and we're honoured that on this occassion that you chose us. It's correct that we have some the largest rooms on the island and we're happy that you enjoyed our service and location also. The original Mandarin Oriental and The Landmark have their unique differences and we thank you for giving us an opportunity. Please let us know when you next visit so that we may prepare a pillow menu and a softer mattress for a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst on a business trip and couldn't fault it. The room was spacious, modern and clean with the bath tub so huge it could have been a mini swimming pool!

The staff were very helpful and welcoming and the room service was impeccable - I had the Nasi Goreng dish which was amazing!

The car service from the airport made me feel like a VIP and they took good care of me. I would stay here again if I was ever visiting Hong Kong again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and private pool in your bathroom.

Our Nasi Goreng is a signature Mandarin Oriental dish and I will share your comments with our Culinary team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Landmark home in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My overall experience with The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong was exceptional, even for one night stay.
It was a very interesting experience. Although there wasn't enough dining outlets, but still acceptable.
The staff was great friendly and helpful, smiles are very where with warm words.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Although, your stay was short, we’re happy to read that your stay has left a lasting impression and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion to The Landmark Mandarin Oriental.

Until then, our very best.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

From the concierge pick from the airport I recommend this for every one , they meet you just as you step off the aircraft and fast track you through to a waiting Mercedes, will always do this from now on.

Next they are waiting out side the hotel for you to arrive, they took us up to our room, but to our surprise they upgraded us to a suite.( Fantastic),. We thought we might have a nice room as this was my husbands 60th birthday present, but we did not expect this, they really did spoil us.

The room had a sitting room, dinning area , 2 toilets, a wonderful bathroom with Jo Malone products, his & Hers walk in wardrobe , and a wonderful bed with the best sheets I have ever slept in. The shower was powerful and very big, best ever. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world but this one is hard to beat, in the respect the staff would go out of their way to help you , but not over the top.

The Amber restaurant is Michelin star & the service was outstanding from the assist manager & the girl at the front of house. The food was excellent.

The have a bar downstairs which is very nice , very busy I believe it is quite the place to meet up it seemed to be very popular, although we only had a drink their .

This hotel is on HK island and I would recommend anyone having a holiday here in HK to stay on the Island its so very close to everything you want to visit, it just seemed a nicer place than Kowloon to me.

The Manager James Yap even came up to us to ask us if we were having a good time , he was such a nice man, that's why this hotel works well as his staff seem very happy to be working their. I would defiantly return to this hotel as its very central to everything you want to see,

I would recommend this hotel for couples, Business travellers.

A big thank you to all the lovely staff at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental

Alison & Fred Hicks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr and Mrs Hicks, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental. Your comments are a source of inspiration to myself and all the staff who are here to ensure that your stay is memorable.

We are honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate the special occasion of Mr Hick’s 60th birthday and hope to welcome you back when you next visit the city.

Until next time, our very best.