“What a Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“What a Hotel!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at This hotel for the second time and cant say enough good things about it. It was an amazing experience right through from the rooms, the food, (a little restaurant inside called amber which has 2 Michelin stars!!!! most amazing dining experience ever.) the location and the hospitality. I felt like I was a VIP on both visits. Management should be applauded. I thoroughly recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 1113. Best room ever.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your continued support of The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, we appreciate that you have a choice of 5 star luxury hotels to choose from.

We pride ourselves in providing the most genuine and personalised service extending throughout the hotel and I’m happy to hear that your interaction with our entire team during your stay has left a lasting impression..

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Greg Liddell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
York, UK
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A hotel that is just gorgeous. perfectly located, nothing too much trouble and whilst I stayed for business, would definitely recommend for a weekend in HK too.

Breakfast is fantastic and offers heaps of healthy choices. Gym doesn't have a great view but has all the modcons needed for a good work out. my corner suite was just sensational.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your recommendation of our Landmark home, and my colleagues and I were happy to have exceeded your expectations.

Despite our gym not having a view, we’re happy to hear you had time in our fitness centre, which has recently undergone “a makeover” with state-of-the-art cardio equipments, new Nautilus facilities and floor mats.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Berkshire
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the moment we set foot through the door we were incredibly well looked after. The staff were all very friendly, polite and eager to please. The bedroom was gorgeous, with a lounge area, walk in wardrobe and big bathroom - including a circular bath! I had an afternoon in the spa which was clean, tidy, quiet and totally calming. There is lift access in to the hotel from the landmark shopping mall which was very convenient. Breakfast was an array of choice to appeal to world wide visitors.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, during your visit to the city. We are pleased that you enjoyed our prime location, spacious accommodation, ambiance of The Oriental Spa, our sumptuous breakfast selection, and found our colleagues to be enthusiastic and courteous.

We look forward to your next visit to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Having been delayed for several hours it was great to arrive at the Landmark. A huge thanks you to Sonya for being so accommodating and a pleasure to deal with.
Gutted I didn't check out the spa until the very last day of my stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, we appreciate that you have a choice of 5 star luxury hotels in Hong Kong. We are delighted you were impressed by Sonya, who is a valuable asset to our team since joining the hotel.

We sincerely look forward to your next stay at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, give yourself more time to check out the heat and water experiences at the award-winning Oriental Spa.

Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last month. My reservation was made by American Express under the Fine Hotels and Resorts Package.

At check in all went very smoothly, and I was escorted to my suite, which had been upgraded. The suite was very large, and well appointed. The bath was one the largest I had ever seen and could easily have had four people in it at the same time. Toiletries were designer and well appreciated. The sitting room was very pleasant, and very nice to relax. The bedroom had a super comfortable bed and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Front desk and concierge very helpful. Wifi connectivity was excellent throughout my stay.

The French restaurant Amber in the hotel offers some of the best food I have ever tasted, and I shall review that separately.

A nice hotel in a very central location. Downside, if you have meeting in the hotel your visitors will very often be waiting for you at the Mandarin Oriental, because most taxi drivers are too dumb to distinguish between the Mandarin Oriental and the Landmark Mandarin Oriental. As the door man says - happens every day!!! Another downside is the poor coordination of taxis at the entrance, which is shared by a mall, so no exclusivity or priority for hotel guests - especially at rush hour.

I would stay at this hotel anytime - was a totally enjoyable experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, and it was our pleasure to be able to upgrade you to our L900 Landmark Suite. We are flattered by your comments on the comfort of our oversized guestrooms, our range of branded toiletries, and our dining experience at Amber restaurant.

It was unfortunate to hear that some of the taxi drivers you encountered were confused about our location between The Landmark and our sister hotel Mandarin Oriental. To differentiate between the hotels, we will advise our guests to emphasize on our location at The Landmark, due to our affiliation with the Landmark shopping mall. We’re also sorry to hear that you had an issue with the taxi queue, rest assured we will have a system in place with the mall in order to prioritize our guests’ transport needs.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience overall and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

From the moment I had stepped into the lobby Sonia's smiling face, made me forget the the long flight into Hong Kong. I was made welcome, escorted to a lovely specious room with some delicious Macaroons and shot of wine. Sonia had explained how to use the facilites and all the bottons. Bathroom had an enormous round bath, and the rain shower had strong pressure.
The hotel is located near amazing shops and very trendy restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was very good and in a relaxing atmosphere.
I cannot fault anything. I will be back and bring my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank traveller3162
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for choosing The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and taking the time to share your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our premier location, spacious accommodation, delicate welcome amenities and our breakfast selection. We’re also happy to hear that our warm welcome made the trip worthwhile and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed there for a short staycation and my expectations were very high after reading all the great reviews. My experience though was not positive at all. From the check in where I was welcomed in a very cold manner without any smile or any friendly tone. Service was average throughout the hotel and probably one of the worst experiences I have made in Hong Kong. To be fair, the hardware if nice and location very good but the service attitude is just poor and I will most definitively not return here again and pay so much money for a cold shoulder hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LarsBenrer
LandmarkMO, General Manager at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at The Landmark.

I am sorry that on this occasion you found our check-in service cold and unfriendly, rest assured that your comments

are taken seriously and have been communicated with my colleagues. The Landmark prides itself on providing our

guests with a memorable stay and I am sorry that we failed to live up to your expectations.

However, I am happy to hear that you did enjoy our spacious rooms and Central location during your visit to Hong Kong.

Should you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me personally to manage your stay.