“Classy and elegant five star property”

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #5 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We just stayed at the this property for three days. The service was Impecable, from the spa staff, to the front desk and concierge. The front desk also sent us a bottle of Vueve clicot champagne when they found out we were on our honeymoon. We stayed in a L600 premiere room on the top floor, corner room. The rooms are extremely high tech and work really well the bathroom is amazing, the huge bathtub is wonderful. In addition the robes are super comfortable. They also provide a bathroom drawer with all necessities include hand sanitizer. The beds are comfortable and it was quiet throughout the night which was. Ery surprising in such a busy city. The spa is heaven, my only complaint is the jacuzzi was cold. However all spa amenities are amazing. The decor and service is exceptional. I highly recommend this property. The location is perfect, close to all the best shopping. I am very impressed by this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank awaxie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Decided it was time for a quick weekend getaway from Perth and so of course Hong Kong is the obvious choice! Selected the Landmark for a couple of reasons, a great deal through Amex Centurion, read great reviews and a general "fan" of MO properties. We had an early morning arrival and the room was ready and in fact they had placed glasses of orange juice and chocolate brioche (with comps) in the room. What a great touch.

The room was spacious and very modern. Everything worked by the touch of a button. The bathroom was vast and having two sinks was just fantastic. Didn't get to use the massive tub but it looked impressive! Great toiletries and general amenities.

The hotel is just a stones throw from the main shopping on the island and a short walk (underground) to the MTR. There are no views to be had, unless you like looking at tall office towers. If you are in HK to catch a view then pick another property. Did not bother us as we were hardly in the room.

We had breakfast in the MO Bar and the staff we wonderful. Very caring, remembered your selections and welcomed you each day. The only error they made (on both days) was to charge me for breakfast. It was rectified, so a really petty complaint!

Generally the staff were very helpful and the guys at concierge were great. Used the hotel car to get back to the airport and the driver was very professional and the S Class in great condition.

Would definately choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wockinwod
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The Landmark MO is, like all MO's, an impressive property and the rooms are stunning. But above all, what really makes the MO excellent is their service! No other hotel comes anywhere near them. Be aware that after one stay a The Landmark, you will never feel that other hotel's service is even adequate.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank discerningdane
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Just finished two night stay at the Landmark with connected LS600 Deluxe and Premier rooms. The rooms are breath taking in design if you like the contemporary style. Among the nicest rooms that I can recall staying in. The location was fantastic. The metro station is literally attached to the hotel and the accompanying Landmark shopping complex includes a nice food court, fancy restaurants and a selection of upscale shopping. Using walkways and underground access, one can get to most central district locations without ever going outside.

My main issues resolve around incessant street noise. As the hotel is surrounded by much taller buildings and faces a busy street, there is no way to avoid honking, traffic noises and even the sound of building ventilation systems. It did not bother me but my wife couldn't sleep well and that affects everything. In spite of having reservations for months, our rooms were not available until late in the day. The breakfast, while nice, was also pricey at $26 USD for a fairly limited buffet.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank 5fortravel
Reviewed 25 July 2010

There is just one way to judge this hotel and that's it! Perfect.... Stayed here for 2 weeks and there was absolutely nothing to complain.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank 967jens
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed here for a total of 6 nights. The hotel is located at a wonderful location. You have direct access to Landmark and the connected surrounding buildings and the MTR is located at the basement level. The room was nice and not much complaints about the room. They left you two piece of chocolate at turn down service. But it wasn't consistent. Someday they would give you, someday they wouldn't? The manager ( we assumed) left a message in our voicemail, ( we guessed?) that he's trying to see how was the our stay at mandarin oriental. But somehow, he left the message in Chinese? He pronouced our name wrong and left a message in Chinese @.@. The staff consistently pronouced our name wrong throughout our stay at MO. I tried to book a spa service since I heard a lot of good stuff about it from friends who live in HK. I initially booked it for 2 person and I requested the latest appointment available so I wouldn't have to rush back. The lady who scheduled my appointment later called me back and informed me that it's not possible due to lack of staff. And she said I can only have one appt at 730 and the other at 815. So either way, one of us would have to wait for another person for 45 mins. I had to rush back at 730 to go to my spa appointment and it totally ruined all my plans and schedule. As I was waiting for my sister to finish her spa apointment, I was hanging out by the sauna/steam area. There was this cleaning lady who looked very pissed off the fact that we were still there. ( I believe we were the only two clients left) I went to the restroom and used the towels to dry my hands. She immediately rush over and replaced it with an attitude. As my sister and I were getting ready and change, the cleaning lady just hung around the area to make sure that we don't mess up the stuff that she just cleaned. I felt that we were pressure into leaving the place earlier. The quality of massage was good but the service (the receptionist who made the appointment and the cleaning lady was HORRIBLE!) I don't see why I have to work around the spa schedule when I'm on vacation. And she confirmed my initial request. Very disappointing and this has greatly affect my experience with the spa.

and by the way, since it's in landmark. It's VERY VERY noisy. You constantly have people protesting and taxi drivers honking around 1am or 2!!!

My suggestion is go stay at the old mandarin oriental

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed here 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff were unfailingly gracious, responsive, and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite on the 6th floor, and the room had a beautiful modern aesthetic. It was a soothing place to come back to after the hubbub of walking around Hong Kong - indeed it was tempting to spend time here that might have been spent sightseeing. A tough choice! The only downsides to the room were the lack of any view (lots of windows, but they overlooked a mall & office buildings) and the impracticality of some of the modern finishes (slip-slidding on the polished black granite in the bathroom shower, wierd unergonomic knobs/handles on the bathroom and closet doors, and way too many buttons for controlling blinds and lights). Anyway, it still was a stellar experience. We ate a few meals downstairs in MO (mostly breakfast), and the food was very good. We had one room service meal that was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business