Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Now i have stayed at this location many times when i was visitng during 2007 - 2008. I was looking for a budget place to stay in HK that was clean, good location and safe. When i first tried this place i was warmly greeted by the owner, paid in cash advance and the room they gave me, small and in the corner, had all that i needed.

The bathroom was small but clean and very convenient, the bed was small but comfortable enough, the A/C was working fine and even each floor has a pin code door lock besides your own room key and room card lock. The small 1 bed room was my place and i took it many times in a row.

Once i was able to stay in a double bed room and that was much more spacious and have to say very comfortable. It is more on the front of the building so towards the street or actually alley. Maybe some cooking smell can be traced if ur window is open and A/C noises come in but with it closed, no problem.

The location in Jordan is perfect as it is right by the Subway line, basically next to the HK Cricket club and by Nathan road.

I can't keep making the remark, it is a budget stay!!!! but it is a very good one..!!!! Are you short for cash, stay here and you won't regret as it fills ur basic needs...

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Dutchtraveller007
Reviewed 5 June 2012

What I liked about this place -

- They held my booking despite my credit card payment challenges on the booking.com website.
- Precise directions to the location on the telephone.
- Blazing fast wi-fi connection
- Clean but tiny toilet
- All facilities as promised.

What I did NOT like about this place -

- The place is NOT a service apartment as they make it out to be. It is a guest house with incredibly tiny rooms. I was a solo traveller and my room barely had space for a single bed.
- Location is in a side lane off Nathan Road which looked incredibly shady to me when I arrived in the night ! There is hotel in the same lane which rents out rooms by the hour !
- The place was very organised and spotlessly clean. All facilities were there. Just that it was NOT what was promised. The tiny size and location were a real downer for me personally.
- This may work for a backpacker - but at HK$ 650 night - I don't think that is value for money.

I checked out the next day - after locating a proper hotel !

Room tip: Good for backpackers who want to stay off Nathan Road in Hong Kong. believe you should ask for a room which is quiet. Not suitable for those who suffer from claustrophobia !!
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank riitoo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed at this property twice in 2011, once in August, the second time over New Year.

Back in August, it seemed fine, basic but clean, convenient location, pleasant enough staff.

Come late December though, a different story. I know Dec-Jan is a busy time in HK, but the room was tiny, half the lights didn't work, the service was lukewarm at best and the rate was astronomical.

Generally, give this place a wide berth, there's plenty better accommodation in HK.

Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank bjdscott
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I really liked living here. Was very secure and the staff and owner were always friendly and helpful. The rooms can be noisy at night due to local karaoke bars close by. The rooms had everything you needed and very clean.

Date of stay: October 2010
Reviewed 7 June 2008

My co-worker booked us both a room here for two nights after hearing from another colleague that Rent-A-Room was cheap. We ended up paying $75 (USD) per night. Well it has been terrible weather here with rain and flooding like I have never witnessed, even the locals say this is unusually wild weather! We get to the hostel at about 11pm and there is no sign or name of where we are. It was very confusing. After standing in the rain for almost 45 minutes while my co-worker tried to pay (their machine was down/paper out/etc)...we then had to walk up about 2 flights of stairs outside carrying 50+lbs luggage in the rain. With our soaking wet luggage (and clothing) we get to the 6th floor and first go through a metal bar door, another main door and then our room doors. Upon entering the room, here are some complaints that we both ended up having:
1) To use the shower (which is just a water hose hanging from the TINY bathroom wall), you need to first pre-heat the water heater for 20 minutes. While I didn't use the shower because it looked dirty, my co-worker told me it felt like her flesh was going to be burned off it was so hot.
2) The bed not only was EXTREMELY noisy from the poor metal frame but it was also very small and I found other people's hair between the sheets.
3) The air conditioner did not do much at all and was so loud as it went on and off that it woke me up every 30 minutes from the banging.
4) The hallway light is on all night and the doors to the rooms have very large gaps at the top and bottom so light was leaking into the room the entire night.
5) There was no internet at all, when we asked they said there was wireless but when we tried to connect, we needed a password. She explained that there is no password...which means she didn't know what was going on. We ended up having to pay $0.50 a MINUTE to use her computer and wire internet. Considering that her internet was pretty slow...she made a pretty penny on that deal. So even if the room MAY have been only $70, she got a lot more from the internet alone.
6) In the morning I noticed a foul odor in my room as I was brushing my teeth, to confirm this odor I asked my co-worker to check it out. Sure enough, it smelled as if there was a MAJOR sewage problem starting up in my room. The whole room began to smell of feces.
7) The staff was only a woman and her younger daughter. When we went into their office to try and ask for help (ie: getting a taxi over, finding internet, etc...) she was either very unhelpful or just had no answers. There were also two very cute puppies but they were jumping all over us and barking like crazy while we were trying to get onto the internet. It was just a mad-house.
8) My co-worker and I both heard noises outside our doors the entire night. It was very strange since there were no other renters on our floor. My co-worker heard knocking on her door and I just hear people shuffling outside the whole time with a cracking noise.

So long story short - we did the same thing that the reviewer below me did. We found the Eaton Hotel for about $20 more and booked a night there instead of staying another night at the Rent-A-Room. I am currently writing my review from the Eaton Hotel which is about a block away from Rent-A-Room and it is AMAZING for the price. The service is top-notch!!

Forget Rent-A-Room - go with Eaton Hotel!!!!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank feather145