“A really bad place, but can you get much more for your money in HK?”
Review of Dragon Hostel

Dragon Hostel
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place was horrible, not very clean, cramped and had very unhelpful staff. However, it is easy to get to and in a good location, and this probably makes it worth putting up with. Go for it, if you need to save money.

Room Tip: The dorms are just grim. Invest in a single/double room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas_Alexander1

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was our first trip to Hong Kong so we tried online to find a suitable and reasonable hotel. Dragon Hostel was on the top list. When we checked with our travel agency, we were also recommended this hotel so we gave it a shot. We chose a 5-bed private ensuite and the price is really reasonable. The hostel prepared well by providing us beforehand what to do when we get to the city and what transportation to take. Although the hostel was a bit difficult to find even with the map provided because there was no English sign outside the building. However, this was the only drawback I can find. Everything else was very good. Location was perfect for the night market, ladies market, MTR was just around the corner and the hostel even provides descounted tickets to most of the sights around HongKong. The owner and his staff were very helpful and accommodating and we were able to get a discounted rate when we need to extend our stay for half a day because my dad got ill. It may not be a five-star place but if you know how expensive Hong Kong is, this place is a hidden treasure you need to find. To Stephen, thank you for making our stay in Hong Kong a comfortable one. More power and hope to see you again on our next trip!

Room Tip: Choose a 3-4-5 bed suite when you travel in groups because it would be cheaper per head per night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed in a 5-bed private ensuite, and our request to have a room with a window was granted by the owner Stanley who was very accommodating, together with Stephen and Stephanie. Aside from the good service, the location was the best part since the Ladies Market/ Night Market was just a couple of blocks across the street. The Mong Kok MTR Station was just 1 block away. The Flower Market/Bird Center was just 1 MTR station away. The hostel was actually in the middle of the shopping district but we had restful nights because there were no disturbing noise at all. FOR A WORTHWHILE TRIP IN HONGKONG WITHIN A BUDGET, THIS HOSTEL IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Truly deserving of its many awards.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon Joy P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The overall aspect is fine and reasonable when comparing the price and the room + facilities, However, the main entrance of the building is close at 4pm (if i'm not wrong), so you have to walk to the opposite to get in, which was a bit confusing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a hostel / hotel converted from a number of apartments in a typical Kowloon residential building near Mong Kok station. The normal gripes apply for this kind of place: very small room, toilet / shower combination in a small space, queues for the lift (although not too long) and mattresses that some will find too hard. However, it is very clean, the aircon and the water heater work well, the staff are friendly (although with massively varying English ability), they are flexible, and you really won't find anything better at this price anywhere in Hong Kong. My wife was sceptical about us staying there. By the end she was completely happy to come back again. We stayed three people in a four person room, and used the extra bed to store our suitcases. A good decision!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 days from 1st April and was pretty pleased with what I got for my 26 pounds a night . The room had air-con, a lockable draw to store your valuables-bring your own padlock-and had a tiny bathroom as well. You basically shower whilst standing over the loo. That way, most of the water runs into the toilet bowl. The hot water is absolutely scalding, so turn on the cold first. You can also get your laundry done for $45HK for 3 kilos. Bring earplugs and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TerryLondon_England
Reviewed 9 April 2014

it seems they are under staffed. I arrived around 1:30 PM but I was told that room is not ready, so I asked to expedite it. I went for lunch and came back after 3 PM, but still not ready!! I left them the luggage and I went for and came back at 9 PM and that when I got my room. Then, it took them some while and some phone calls to get my luggage up to my room! Also, after midnight I woke up hearing vacuum cleaner! who cleans after midnight!!? and why the walls aren't sound proof!! I ordered dinner as a room service. it arrived quick, but no wonder, the food (the mix grill in particular) didn't taste fresh and was all greasy. To be fair, they allowed me to check out late at 5 pm next day, though I don't think it was sufficient for the lousy time I had in the previous night. for the Wi-Fi, I couldn't get it to work. it requires some code but no info was provided and I didn't care to ask, as I was tired and bothered already with other things.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple