Dragon Hostel
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$965
US$642
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$166
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$235
Marriott Hotels
US$182
US$155
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$135
Travelocity
US$149
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewssincere houseshared bathroomladies marketdiscounted ticketshot watermong kok stationsmall roomocean parksingle bedstreet foodmoney changernight marketlangham placeyour luggagelocation is greatbus stopmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'd never been to HK before but was warned beforehand not to expect a spacious room.

Our room was a shoebox with a double bed and a cupboard.
It was however reasonably cheap, again by HK prices at about 17 quid a night.

Service was friendly and polite and one gentleman, Stanley, was very patient while we sorted all our gear and was happy to extend our stay.

The location is perfect to go out and see HK from, in any direction.

While it's nothing plush, Dragon Hostel was clean and adequate and a goof

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BritishRayster
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked this hostel for a student group based on it's location and reviews. Location is right in the center of everything. Anything was a few metro stops away but it is in the most crowded area of Hong Kong. I have never seen so many people and I live in China! The rooms themselves were teeny tiny and no windows. We got ensuite which really meant a toilet, a sink smaller then on an airplane and a hose for a shower. The water was hot and the pressure was good. There are about 4 different people who work there and about 1/2 of them nice. IN room #6 (right outside the "lobby) the plug in the wall zapped two MacBook Pro's battery. We had to get it replaced when we came home. It was fine, would I go back? No.

Room Tip: All rooms are tiny. Avoid #6 it is the smallest by far. The family rooms are the most comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

great location and very friendly staff. whenever I go to Hong Kong with my family, we always stay at Dragon Hostel. Stanley and his staff are very friendly. They can speak good English so you can ask them for directions or tips if ever you are confused. Free use of computer in the reception area and free wifi in the rooms. Rooms are small but clean and okay.

great place to stay and do shopping in Mongkok, my favorite place in Hong Kong, where the shops are open until Midnight. Safe to shop alone and can go home late by just walking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in this hostel during our holidays in HK early this year. We decided to give it a try after listening to some good review and knowing that the fact that its price is on the lower side compared to the rest, as it is a well known fact that the accommodation rates in HK are very expensive!

So when we arrived in the hostel, we were quite taken aback that the room is extremely small. We were surprised that tiny room is actually meant for triple sharing! It has a double bunk bed on the left side and a single bed on the right side. That room also comes with a tiny bathroom with just enough space for toilet bowl with a water heater right above it and a super small basin. Amazing is the word to describe the design of this room!

The room is so small that you have to let one person to go his/ her bed first, then only the next one can move in. You can't even open up your luggage flat on the floor too! You got no space for that. Another turn off part about this room is the strange water heater. The temperature is uncontrollable! The water turns icy cold and burning hot in within the 10 minutes of your bath. So you need to be extra careful in your showering process!

Besides all these negative part, the good things about this hostel is all the beds and blankets are clean. They also provide you with iron and hair dryer with a deposit charged. Also, this hostel is located nearby to the MTR Mongkok station and the bus stop to go airport. This made your travelling very easy and convenient. You also just cross the road to visit and shop the Sai Yeung Choi Street which sells various souvenirs. Many shops and restaurants are also available in that area.

So in conclusion, the Dragon hostel is quite valued for money if you have a small budget for accommodation. As they say, you get what you pay for. But i would personally recommended this hostel to only single or couple travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed in this hostel twice. The first time I arrived very late at night and I had a reservation starting from the next day but they were able to arrange a private room for me anyway (I guess I just got lucky because they had a spare room, but it was a relief not having to wonder around the city looking for another place). They adjusted the price a bit, so I didn't have to pay for 4 beds and the next day I moved to another room. My second stay took place as planned. In both occasions I had a double private ensuite room but there are various other options available - it is better to reserve in advance though because on weekends they are usually full. Rooms are claustrophobic and most of them do not have windows so the only air you get is from the AC or if you open the door. They are arranged in 3-4 apartment sections on the 7th floor, so the place doesn't get noisy or crowded and it is reasonably safe. To get there you need to get off at the Mongkok metro station, which is relatively central but it will take you around 1 hr to walk form there to the harbour. The elevator and the stairs accessing the property are dirty and not inviting, but the rooms inside are clean.

I suggest that you bring your own flip flops (they provide some plastic ones but they don't look good), your own soap and bath set (there are no courtesy items and the soap in the distributor is always over) and that you don't stay more than 2-3 nights (or else all your clothes will start to stink and rot for the high humidity).

The staff is generally helpful, although not all members speak English. I am not sure which I would consider the best hostel in Hong Kong, since they are all quite far from the "average" European, but this is a fair one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple