“very good hotel in a busy neighborhood”

Hotel LKF By Rhombus
Ranked #171 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York, USA
“very good hotel in a busy neighborhood”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed in a corner room so it was very large but faced two streets on a corner.
We could hear the noise from the clubs close by - not loud but a low din. We didn't mind it because we knew this neighborhood has a terrific nightlife. Lots of pubs, bars and many, many small restaurants that serve various cuisines and really good food.
The hotel has a good gym, no breakfast was included with out room. The rooms are trendy, beds comfortable and bathroom was large and luxe.
The service was good but not memorable.
Lan Kwai Fong the are this hotel is situated in is very hilly and busy in the day and at night.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face a street and is on a higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Robert L, Manager at Hotel LKF By Rhombus, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Spicelore: Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we all look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reims, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights. Actually had to tell shy bell boy to reserve me a place on the elevator which was overrun with partygoers heading up to the top floor nite spot. The lobby too can be high traffic. Avoid staying on too high a floor as the bass lines seep through. Ear plugs are next to everybed . Great toiletteries quality towels and linen and bedding.
Breakfast is a bit dowdy no toast as knackered 6 year old toaster had electrical problems. Weekend breakfast was in the bar a bit slap/dash. Nice staff but Somewhat aloof. Sign in lobby says try a free coffee then you get billed. 5€ for a paper cup!? If you don't know Hong Kong, here you step out into the whirling night time masses of LKF revelers who are more refined than those of Wanchai but just as high.
Great place to stay but can be pricey as expected when grooving with Hi Tech hipsters. Those who have already been around the world are staying elsewhere

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank corkpop
Dear Corkpop: Thank you for your recent review and stay at Hotel LKF. Your reflections are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your thoughts.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

When I checked in after a lengthy flight the welcome was uber-cool and by that I mean not warm. In fact the guy didnt even look up from his computer. The room he allocated was slightly damp and it wasnt a good start. I mentioned it the following morning to Hawk Man( Guest Services Manager) He could not have been more helpful or pleasant and moved me into a different room. He was efficient and courteous and the room was lovely as was the bathroom and great view of the Governor's Mansion ( with of course the red flag flying not the Union Flag!) The Hotel followed up with a generous response from Nicholas Cheung ( Guest Services manager) . So, all in all a very professional response. As everybody points out the LKF is in a superb location and you can walk everywhere and yes there are 2 hotels called Lan Kwai Fong but this one in Wyndham Street is where to stay. VG Thai restaurant just up the road too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stephenc527
Robert L, Manager at Hotel LKF By Rhombus, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Stephen C: Thank you very much for your recent stay. I do apologise for your arrival experience. This is certainly not our standard and I‘m very glad our Guest Service Managers were able to assist and resolve your situation to your satisfaction. We all look forward to your next visit to Hong Kong.
london
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Visited this hotel in Feb 2013 for business. After a huge delay at the airport, because someone had taken my luggage I was greeted by very apologetic staff and surprise surprise, they had tracked my suitcase down and it was waiting for me. Due to the issues I had (which was nothing to do with them at all) they upgraded my room, which was very sweet of them.

Room was very large, good size bed, very comfy with an amazing bathroom.

2 things that let this hotel down. Commuters use the foyer as a walkthrough to get to one side of the street to the other, so its very busy and you never know who works there or not.

Last thing is the quality of the food - breakfast wasn't great, room service was ok, but the meal at the bar was the most disappointing. No noodles, or dim sum or soup or anything traditional just burgers and ribs and wings - all american. Quality wasn't great and the price was too expensive.

Its a good hotel, its a great area, but you need to eat out!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Robert L, Manager at Hotel LKF By Rhombus, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear LilithLondon: Thank you for your review from your stay with us back in February. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room. Your food and beverage comments are well noted. Since your last visit we have had menu changes and newer dishes available. I hope when you visit us next time you will give us another chance to try Azure restaurant. Kind regards, Robert
Adelaide
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife & 10 Y.O daughter stayed here from 14th to 15th Oct. We got back from Disneyland at about 12.30am and went to go to bed (2 Double Beds). My wife pulled the sheet back on one of the beds and the mattress sheet and the quilt sheet were wet. Both smelt like Urine. They sent up a guy to change the sheets but the mattress still stunk and you could smell the Urine. I had to help him flip the mattress over & he then remade the bed. We didnt get to sleep until 1.30am. We complained to the manager and told him how disappointed we were. All he offered was that next time we came there he would give us a good rate. Would never stay here again. Even though it was a Sunday night and we were 11 floors up we could still hear the nightclub and people shouting below until 2am. Location in Central was awesome but we paid for it (AUD$330 a night).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pppman
Dear Valued Guest: I am sorry to learn about your bedding situation. We take your comments very seriously and I assure you we will investigate immediately. We will be in touch with you very soon. Kind regards, Robert
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I went to the LKF night club once before, and really liked the location and the vibe of the hotel.
This October, I went back to HK for biz, and stayed 1 night at the LKF.
It is conveniently located if you want to party, but if you are in town for biz and you wear heels, maybe you should pick another hotel...unless you are into hiking!
Check-in was quick, service was good and fast.
Room- very clean and spacious, the bathroom room is big and modern. Bed was ok, not too hard.
Lower level rooms must be noisy because the street is pretty noisy, and the same goes for the higher level rooms because of the in-house night club. I stayed on 17th floor, it was fine. However, my boss stayed on 27th floor, she needed ear plugs! until 2am!
I don't know why that they don't have a closed room for luggages storage, and simply attached all luggages left by checked out guests by a cord and put them all at the front near the bell boy area. Anyway my luggages were not stolen, so maybe I am just being paranoid.
Overall, a chic hotel! I will stay again there for leisure, but not for business.

Room Tip: Mid level ones are the best picks! Low level, you will hear the street noise. High level, you will...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PDCbride2011
Robert L, Manager at Hotel LKF By Rhombus, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next trip. Our property is quite popular with our business partners who frequent our hotel many times. I do hope you will continue to choose LKF as a business destination as well as a leisure destination. Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have been staying at the LKF for a few years now and have generally accepted it's shortcomings but this time was just a joke. The service levels in the hotel have plummeted through the floor. The reception staff are slow (15 minutes to check in, 15 minutes to check out) and they exhibit a couldn't give a $*** attitude at all times. The rooms are great but the TV didn't work and the people who were sent to fix it had no idea and kept waving the DVD remote around in thin air hoping something would happen. The food is poor, expensive and presented badly. The noise from LKF doesn't bother me and earplugs are provided.

My real issue is the service. We checked out one night early as we couldn't bare to stay any longer - it would have been nice to be asked by receptionist why we were leaving a day early, but that would be too much effort on their part I guess, hence this review. We have moved to the Shangri La, which truly is Shangri La.

We will not return to the LKF and my advice would be to book elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jpjn83
Robert L, Manager at Hotel LKF By Rhombus, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to learn that your most recent stay was not up to the standards you’ve come to expect and during your many visits with us over the years. We appreciate your patronage and I hope you will allow us another chance to stay at Hotel LKF in the future. I have sent you a message on Trip Advisor in hopes we may be able to discuss your recent experience further. Kind regards, Robert