“My Favorite hotel of all times ”

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #59 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We visited in 2009 and received a courtesy upgrade to concierge level. The view from our balcony was the most spectacular view so far in my lifetime. I dream of looking out to that sea and the English gardens. This hotel was worth every penny! Our kids got to meet so many princesses and we felt like royalty there. We loved watching the fireworks from the exec lounge.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ashley L

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed as a family of 5 and cannot fault this hotel. The staff were wonderful and made such a fuss of the children. We ate every morning in the Enchanted Garden where the characters would come round to each table and visit the guests. The breakfast buffet was fabulous for the children with Mickey shaped waffles and pancakes and a huge variety for the adults. Highlight of our Hong Kong adventure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Etc147
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The moment you step on the driveway you will feel that you are transported back to the Victorian Era. The hotel has this smell that is so distinct, makes you feel like royalty. From the uniforms of the bell men to the amazing Disney music the orchestra is playing in the Lobby, everything spells GRAND!
We got a room with Kingdom Club lounge access and every centavo spent was well worth it!!! They have candy buffet, and serve snacks and refreshments all day. The breakfast buffet was exceptional as well as the cocktails and hors doeuvres. Oh, did I mention that they also serve beers and wines during cocktails? Well, they do! The kingdom club guests also have specially designated balconies to watch the Fireworks Display every 9 in the evening. Express check in and check out is also done in the lounge. Guests can also purchase park tickets in the lounge, so convenient!
The room we got had a balcony that has a breath taking view of the sea and the garden.
I was not able to inform them early that we will be celebrating our daughter's birthday but when we got there I informed the staff who was checking us in and she gave my daughter a "It's my birthday today" button so she got extra stickers that staff gives away. They also sent a towel cake to our room.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about this hotel, my whole family definitely enjoyed our stay! Just be prepared to spend a little extra because they sell treats everywhere but as the saying goes, memories are priceless. Thank you Disneyland Hotel for making my daughter's 7th birthday memorable!

Room Tip: Avail of the Kingdom Club lounge access. So worth it!
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here in with my husband and 2 children. We stayed in the concierge and had the best room over looking the maze and the sea.
Our daughter, being blonde, was treated like royalty. My son had to carry his passport every day to the park even though we had photo passes because by Chinese standards, they couldn't believe how young he was, he's so tall!. The breakfasts and suppers in our own private dining room were marvellous. The waiting staff were wonderful and at times the chefs made dishes just for my daughter alone, like little heart shaped biscuits.
The room was simply huge, 2 massive king size beds, double doors opening out onto our balcony. We were really spoilt with our room., a tv in the bathroom, a full set of souvenir toiletries every day, these made great gifts! Even my 3 year old got her own beautiful embroidered slippers.
We were able to watch the night time fireworks from a tiny balcony in the private dining room, and the pianist was wonderful.
At the buffet at night the children loved the chocolate fountains and the characters interacted and kept them entertained.
A downside is that the hotel is hours away from HK town centre and the summer temperatures are at their hottest, my youngest got heat stroke.

I spent a day in the spa and it was incredibly luxurious. The staff were amazing.

I have stayed in all the disneyland paris hotels and animal kingdom lodge and the Polynesian in Orlando, but none of them compare to this hotel. It is simply the best and I can't rate it highly enough.
My favourite hotel.

Room Tip: Go for concierge. It's worth the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SStamp
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I'd never been to a Disneyland anywhere before but we did choose to stay here on our trip to HK.
The Hotel impressed me for its cleanliness and wonderful presentation. The staff were lovely. We had dinner one night in the Enchanted Garden which had a wonderful buffet. The Disney characters visit, Micky, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto. They were great about taking photos with your camera for you as well as their in-house photographer. I especially loved the way they treated the children. They took the time to cater to them all! Pool area great.

1  Thank DavidT1953
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Awesome awesome awesome.
The interconnected rooms we had were perfect for our family of 4. The rooms were very good... Beds were a wee bit small for a tall person. Bathroom was excellent.
Breakfast in the morning had visits from characters every day... The kids loved this.
Overall, there is nowhere else to stay. Spend the money and stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Spent a night there with the family about a week ago. We stayed in the 7/F which is the club floor. Overally speaking we enjoyed a relaxing vacation there. All the decor is beautiful and is full of Disney flavor. The staff is nice. They are well trained and always remember to give you a feeling that you are very welcomed. There is life music at the main lobby from time to time. In the daytime it is piano playing and there is a band in the evening. So it could maintain a relaxing atmostphere. Moreover, from time to time there is Disney icon to pop up and take pictures with guests.

Since we stayed on the club floor, we had breakfast in the club lounge. The food quality is fine but choice is quite limited. I could understand that there is usually less choice in the club lounge as there is less guest. There is a cocktail session from 6pm to 8pm in the club lounge. There is salad, hot snacks, dessert and fruit. There is also free flow of beer, wine and liqour. It is actually good enough for dinner unless you are a super big eater or very particular about dinner. The room in 7/F cost more than the other levels, so if you think you will visit Disneyland and will not return for this evening cocktail, then probably you don't need to pay the extra.

My main comment is in the title. I felt that it is very expensive when I make the booking. But after being there, I have to say it is justified.

1  Thank Warren N