“unforgettable experience”

Ranked #91 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“unforgettable experience”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

i spent 2 nights at this hotel with my husband and my kid, it was a very pleasant stay, with a buses every few minutes to take you to disneyland and MTR station there too.

rooms was clean and lovely, bed is comfortable, its is fully equipped rooms with a logo of miki on almost everything ;)

swiming pool is lovely, shop in the lobby is nice, garden is great

the only downside is their late check-in (3pm) and early check-out (11 am)

diining: tried there resturant for dinner buffet, was ok, not the best. the other hotel breakfat (enchanted garden ) is a must try !

overall it was good experience and it is highly advisable

2 Thank doctor_rehab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed in Disney's Hollywood Hotel for 3 nights this month.

The Good
- It's very near the airport. We took the green cab from the airport and it only cost us less than HK$120.00. It's more convenient than taking the MTR since you'll avoid the hassle of transferring your luggage from one train to the other.
- We didn't experience any delay during check-in most probably because we arrived past 11pm. Check out was also a breeze.
- The room looks clean and smells clean. The linens and towels are still in good quality.
- The hot water in the shower is consistently hot, which is good.
- The provide life vest for kids in the pool area.
- We went to the Enchanted Garden in the other hotel for breakfast. Food was not that good; however, the kids enjoyed the appearance of Mickey, Pluto and Goofy.
- One of my daughter got sick during our trip, we learned that the hotel does not have an in-house doctor; however, one of their personnel went to our room to check on her and provided us a list of pediatricians and hospitals near the hotel, which I liked.
- My daughters loved the pool, the heated jacuzzi and the slides. They also have a play ground at the back.

The Bad
- There is no room service.
- There is no wifi in the room, nor in the hotel lobby.
- According to my bank, the hotel placed an amount on hold in my credit card for HK$6,000 and charged me separately for the bill. Good thing I didn't rely on my credit card otherwise my budget for the trip could have fallen short because of this. I got an email from HKD stating that they have used the amount reserved but will contact my bank... I'm wondering why $6,000 is still on hold on my account?!?
- We were not provided with bathrobes for our entire 3 day stay, just towels.
- We were hoping to see Goofy in the pool area, but was told that they only do this during summer, which was not indicated in their website.
- Each floor has an ice maker. Depending on the location of your room, it can be on the other side of the hotel, which is really far.

Tips -
- You can purchase your Disneyland tickets and charge it to your room in the front desk. They also provide maps and park schedules so that you can plan your trip in advance.
- My kids enjoyed the the Lion King and Magic Mickey shows. They also loved the Philarmagic 4D movie.
- Citygate outlet mall is near the hotel. It'll only cost you around HK$100 by taxi.
- Buy water and drinks before arriving at the hotel since the ref in the room is empty.

Room Tip: HKD usually offer discounted rates if you book early. Visit their website before booking.
2 Thank Gilbert B
Manila
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We just spent a disappointing two days one night at this hotel. It was supposed to be a treat for our two year old son but it has been essentially a pain.
The check-in was painfully slow. The overall theme is weak throughout, but, particularly in the room which, was very plain apart from a plaque of Mickey Mouse above the bed. Amenities in the room were scarce: no vanity mirror, no complimentary fruit plate, no turn down service. The comforter was far too short: a 5 10 tall person will have to choose to have either his feet or his shoulders covered, but not both. The sink was badly clogged. For almost 400 US dollars per night one would expect more.
Breakfast was good, but for almost 40 US dollars per person it should be! In any case they manged to spoil even that experience since they charged us the breakfast for our 2 years old son which is supposed to be for free. Since we discovered after check out it took u several phone calls and discussions to solve the issue as they wanted us to go back there personally to get the cash back (for some reason they were not amenable to credit the card and had to insist untill 11 pm to finally convince them to do so).
We found the park overall lame: 'character meeting' was supposed to be the highlight for our son but whenever we managed to get close to one we were turned away as they were 'closing': it happened to us three times out of three. The atmosphere was overall far from magical and found the place to be a congestion of weird adults and tacky shops. Not much of a child friendly atmosphere who were actually scared by the loud Hallowen theme at dinner time.
So overall i wish i had stayed home and saved the money.

1 Thank GiloManila
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My family of four stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. The hotel is very large with lots of guests yet the service is great and prompt. The staff are very helpful - from the moment you arrive your bags are whisked away to your room. The check-in was quick, which was much appreciated after a 12 hour flight from Rome. Our room was large and clean and we had a nightly view of the fireworks! Although it does not offer room service we were able to bring food up to our room [we were even provided with disposable cutlery]. The food is quite expensive but all part of the Disney experience I guess. The staff booked us in to the breakfast with the Disney characters and organised the payment to our final bill - all very efficient. Purchases from Disneyland were awaiting collection [as promised] on the front desk. On the last day they were able to assist with a broken zip on our luggage for which we were very grateful. We would stay here again.

4 Thank sunshinelollypops
Tarlac, Philippines
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We've stayed in the Hong Kong Hollywood Hotel for a night...my mother in law and my daughter hannah really enjoyed the place :)..Best theme hotel I've ever seen!

The buffet breakfast at the hotel was wonderful as well with mickey-shaped pancakes and with Mickey, Winnie the Pooh..nice service! :)..the people are great as well...

Staffs are ever ready to distribute disney stickers to children...even me!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cacaidimples
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It is my nth time to stay here but this time it is extra-special because I am with my Mom. Not much change from my previous visits but the relaxing vibe of the hotel never fails to bring out the kid in everyone. Even my Mom who is 64, was so thrilled to have her picture taken with Cruella de Ville (who was very much in character) when we chanced upon her at the hotel lobby!

Food choices are very limited (and expensive- well, it's within a themepark what can we expect). No room service also. But rooms, regardless if garden, park or seaview, is superb. Bathroom amenities, beds, tv and the rest of the mickey mouse-themed furnishings complete the Disney experience.

Access to the park itself, of course, is not a problem when staying here. Shuttle buses are readily available. Service is excellent as well. Have not encountered a single staff member that is not ready to help. Everyone was very accomodating! They were considerate-enough to give us a room near the lift since my Mom has difficulty in walking.

Check in and checkout is lightning-fast, though at 3pm and 11am, respectively making 1 night stay very short. Overall though, I love it here!

Room Tip: Any room is good. But added factor of this hotel is that you can easily take a side trip to Tung Chu...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GieroGirl
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Found the place extremely nice and of course close to the theme park. Downfall was limited restaurant food choices, also they use coffee mate in the rooms and that stuff is awful and I asked for normal milk and was told they didnt have any which I thought was strange as they did for breakfast. No room service either and when your tired that is a must. Asked for a wake up call that never happened and I had 15 mins to get ready to be picked up for a tour, was not happy. At least they drove me to the tour collection point. Paid for breakfast never got it that morning. They were very apologetic about it all and yet it happened. Other than that it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo