“Disney theme hotel and has free shuttle to mtr”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #96 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
SG
“Disney theme hotel and has free shuttle to mtr”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Very luxurious disney themed hotel. Cheaper than other disney hotel. More value for money. Has 1 cafe and 1 restaurant, with sourvenir shop within hotel

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2011

There are two hotels in Disneyland Hong Kong, and the Hollywood is relatively kinder to your budget compared to the other one. It is also closer to the theme park. The room quality was good, and most of all, clean and well maintained. The highlight of the room were the Disney-themed toiletries, which were all swiped by our children. We were informed by friends to bring our own soap and shampoo because we won't have the heart to use the room toiletries. They were right.
We arrived around noon, but the room is only ready by 3.00pm. Check-in and registration was quick and efficient, service staff were extremely professional. There are a number of dining options in the hotel, from budget (Hollywood Cafe) to high end (Studio Lounge). We took most of our meals at the diner because we needed to be prudent with our money. You can get basic rice sets, ramen sets, sandwiches, crossoints, soft drinks, juices, but strangely, no fresh fruits.
The hotel has an outdoor pool, and the kids loved it, especially the water slide. Don't worry, there is someone up there to control the children using the slide, so no danger of kids banging into each other. As the weather was chilly, we took a dip at the hot water jacuzi. It was a strange feeling, ie, your face was twitching in the cold, whilst your body was submerged in hot water. Entrance to the pool is by the side as there is continuous water shower at the main entrance, unless you want to get wet.
Overall, this hotel was well worth the money for the entire family.

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are best for your budget.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I was staying at Disney Hollywood and book a breakfast buffet at Enchanted garden (in the other Disneyland hotel)
I came with my hubby & my 15 months toddler. We que to get in on 7.30am, and telling that I had booked the breakfast via phone while I still in Indonesia. they allow us to get in, showing us our table. But 15 minutes later
Yup...15 minutes later, while we still have full food on our plate
The bill come

What the ...? Like we are going to leave without paying, Mickey or any character not yet arrived though...our bags are still in our room, I bring toddler. I am tourist and not local. Will I run away ???
It is very very unpolite, and didn't say sorry

Someone need to train the staff and cashier
We lose our appetite...for 258 HKD each or about 35 USD, we only ate waffles, sausage & omellete

That ruin all our holiday mood.

Anyway the room is so so, and expensive, next time I better choose 4-5 stars hotel at Hongkong island, with better breakfast & better room as well.
That was my first & my last to stay at Disney Hotel-Hongkong

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I booked 2 nights in a Disneyland hotel as I did not want to have a long trip back to the city after the fireworks and my kids are still young. They enjoyed their stay and the hotel is very convenient for Disneyland, we could stay late at the park and get back to hotel and the kids to bed without any hassle. The room was not that big, there was no separate writing desk so we had to put the lap top on the small glass table and be careful when the kids had snacks there. Check in and check out was very efficient.

The food in the park was not great and the hotel food was not cheap so second night we took the MTR to Tsing Yi to eat at a local chinese restaurant which was great. There is a large shopping centre attached to the MTR station very new and clean with lots of shops.
Came back in time to watch the fireworks from our park view room which was great !

Also for the kids I booked a breakfast with the characters where you get to take photos with Mickey, Goofy, Daisy and Pluto while having a Western buffet style breakfast . The kids loved it but it was very expensive. It is in the other hotel and you have to take 2 shuttle buses to get there.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sleng2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Is actually my 3rd stay here, coming back to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Rooms are still the same, spacious, modern & cute with cartoonised decor. Check-in was smooth, concierge service is fast, staff is friendly & helpful. Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: No need to get sea-view or park-view room. Garden view room at good location give you nice pool &...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Was here on a work trip after staying at L' Hotel Nina at Tsuen Wan. When I entered the lobby, I couldn't help feeling like a little boy. The hotel was a like dream. Service from reception to housekeeping was EXCELLENT!! It was even exciting when I entered my room. Everything had "Mickey Mouse" on it. Even my bathroom curtain had a Mickey Mouse printed on it. The hotel room was quite small as compared to other hotels in Hong Kong. Downside of this was the furniture needed to be changed or else everything was perfect.

This hotel also caters to the physically challenged because they have metal handles beside the toilet cubicle for wheelchair-bound guests. Even the bathroom door is big enough for a wheelchair. WIFI is available for free at the lobby if you have internet devices (eg. laptops, iPad) or else it will be HKD120.00 for 24hrs usage in your room.

The garden was really beautiful and if you walk further, you can see South China Sea. It had signs such as "Hollywood Boulevard" to complement the Hollywood theme. The swimming pool looks good too. Food is pretty expensive but worth the money. Chef Mickey Restaurant offers 3 course meals at a very good price. Shuttle bus to Disneyland theme park and Disney land Hotel is free.

If you are sick of Disney, you can always take the MTR from Disneyland MTR Station to Tung Chung MTR Station (2 stops) to shop till you drop at its factory outlets!

Room Tip: Rooms are charged according to window views. Carpark, sea and garden view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I had just completed my stay from 23rd to 27th November with my family. This was our 4th time stay in Hollywood Hotel. I tried the online booking for this hotel but was unsuccessful two weeks before We flew to HongKong. By the time the hotel responded and returned my call and email ( which was two days later), I already managed to book the room through another website. I realized that rooms were still available from other websites booking even though the hotel replied that the rooms were all fully booked ! My kids love the heated outdoor pool. While my husband and myself preferred to dip in the even warmer jacuzzi pool. The weather throughout the stay was fantastic. Cooling and nice. I feel the service wasn't as warm compare to our previous visits. Our room did not have bath robes so we had to bring our own towels down to the pool. We stayed a total of 4 nights. On our third day, we took mtr from Disney 's station to Tung Chung station which was about two stations away. ( needs to change to opposite station in Sunny Bay station). We then Shopped at city gate outlets. Sports shoes and branded bags were good buys. We ate at the Chinese restaurant there which turned out to be reasonably priced and the food was quite good. Many locals were seen there as well. We proceeded to take cable car nearby the mall to Lantau island . We came back to hotel after a long day. We liked the location of the hotel and the landscape is beautiful. However checking out time is 11. Should you request for late check out , chances are they will only give an hour extra and nothing more.

• Stayed November 2011