“Quite pricey”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #82 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the low season and paid below the average price. We still found it a little too pricey.

Hotel grounds were well kept and we could see staff tried their best at check-in's. There were organized lines and staff roaming the floor would immediately start an empty counter (if there was one left) to aid the crowd.

Rooms were clean but the view from our room was blocked by trees and leaves.

They played cartoons on one channel but we noticed it was just on a loop.

We ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner and the waiter spilled a tray of drinks all over the table and my husband. It was an accident and he apologized profusely but nothing was being done otherwise. With our appetites gone, I took the liberty of explaining our situation to the manager. She kindly offered to clean my husband's clothes but later admitted they could not do so. They provided a selection of shirts from the gift shop for my husband to select. Although the whole process was a little strange, the manager(s) were pleasant, extremely apologetic and accommodating.

Service overall was good, but being a Disney hotel, I was expecting more, especially for the price I was paying.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Hi. We had stayed in this hotel last Oct 26 and the view was excellent from our room. We were at the seaside view of this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel reception, the front desk lady asked for my credit card as the usual standard operating procedure of all the hotels as a deposit for our stay. But unfortunately, I had a trouble with the Chef Mickey restaurant inside the hotel when were having our breakfast. At the reception of the restaurant, we were already asked if we had a breakfast coupon but i said no, it was not included in our package so i just told her that we were guests in the hotel and she could just charge it to our room since she also asked for our room number. So, she said we can go ahead and enjoy the buffet. I saw the two servers namely Bobby and gladwyn, I had a hint already that they were talking about our table. So, when I went back to our table after i got my first appetizer, my daughter told me that the food server named Bobby asked her to pay first before we can enjoy our meal. I was really embarrased because it was very unethical in our country to ask a guest to pay while eating. And the approach was really humiliating just like that we didn't have money to pay or we were treated like we were gate crashers . I was really upset that's why I called the attention of the manager but he didn't do anything but he just told the two servers to transfer to other tables. So, when I approached the other manager who was very accommodating, she even explained everything to us, maybe the male manager doesn't know how to explain it well in english so he even told me just to sit in my table and he'll talk to the two servers but did nothing at all. The lady manager was much better, she even assisted us and brought the bill to our room when she explained to us that there was a problem at the lobby fron desk since the receptionist did not declare that we had a deposit since she swiped my credit card. It was not reflected on their record. If only they explained it to me well, i should have understood ithe situation before we proceeded to the buffet. This was my bad experience in this hotel and i couldn't forget this because in the Phils, it will never happen. The people are so hospitable and accommodating and I am not really used to this kind of treatment, I mean, the experience I had with Hongkong people was terrible. oh well, we have different culture as well!

Room Tip: Sea side view is also awesome to all nature lovers
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Thank maria bella yol... a
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here 1 night on the 25th October with my boys. Stayed in the Garden View room, very standard, nothing to shout about. The room size is abit small considering it's under a Disneyland Hotel group. We had 2 double beds. Amenities in the room is standard and the decoration is quite cute , with a mickey and minnie mouse painting in the room. Breakfast at the Chef Mickey Cafe is good with a wide variety of food and the boys enjoyed it , but the room price is excluding the breakfast. Location of the hotel is very convenient as there is always shuttle bus in and out of the vincinity. Conceige service was fantastic as we are able to keep our luggages th entire day and they also provide good info of getting around hong kong.

4  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed 28 October 2012

while the overall focus was on disneyland the hotel was very good. The staff was hospitable and cooperative and serving with a smile. The rooms were sweet as well with the disneyland theme thrown all over. One must appreciate the pool as well which was very neat and well maintained. The grub was ok since we were anyway prepared for the fact that vegetarian food would be a problem.

Room Tip: ask for the garden side view
2  Thank Ashish36
Reviewed 27 October 2012

in the year 2012 we had won a trip to disney land in a contest. hed by disney channel we stayed there for two days.the hotel has mickey mouse shaped windows and accessories.wht worlden you checkin it gives you feeling that you are in different worldin surroundings there was big swimming pool with guards, very big garden,food available has a lot of variety there.staff was very cooperative and friendly.rooms were decorated with plants to create different effect overall nice hotel and nice country..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank surisantosh
Reviewed 23 October 2012

It will always be a great experience to stay either in Disney Hotel or Hollywood Hotel when in Disneyland. The rooms are really nice (it has mickey details/touches), the surroundings are lovely (garden, view), the breakfast is great (wide selection). The staff from the reception (didn't get his name) was really friendly and accommodating. It has good wifi in the lobby but not available in the rooms. Only few toilteries provided even if we're three in the room. Although, I could have requested for additional. Over-all, it's really a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Our family of four (two adults, one 4 year old and one 1 year old) travelled by train with all our luggage to this resort. The train has Mickey Mouse shaped windows and Disney character statues scattered about inside. It is met by a transfer coach. The driver we had was more interested in his mobile phone than helping his passengers load their own luggage but he was the first and only person linked with this hotel who was not customer focused - and he was not an employee of the hotel.

The reception staff could not have been more helpful, either when we checked in, or out. Everyone in each of the restaurants was very responsive and helpful. The day we arrived was our son's first birthday so we had a little celebration for him in one of the restaurants. Without prompting, the staff all joined in when we sang "Happy Birthday to you!". We found this attention to the needs of our children was typical of the hotel, and Disneyland itself.

The room was clean, and spacious enough. We all fitted in, including a cot. The bathroom was fine and the shower always flowed strongly with plenty of hot water. Both restaurants were good. The buffet range in the breakfast room was enormous and so was their dinner buffet.

There is a good sized pool with its own free water-slide. The many pool attendants are very safety conscious. The slide is excellent for under twelves and doting parents. It is a good length with two big turns, and kept our four year old daughter very happy at the end of each day.

Our five bags were stored after check-out and the luggage captain somehow stowed them successfully with our pram, large backpack and four people, into one taxi. Saving on the cost of a second taxi was a splendid way to end our holiday.

This hotel is in a pleasant park, close enough to Disneyland that the free coach transfer takes only a few minutes. Disney characters visit. Goofy came one evening, swam in the pool and slid down the water slide. The kids were all memsmerised.

Inside the hotel is a shop selling a lot of Disney merchandise. There are plenty of opportunities to buy more at Disneyland. Playing on the TV are numerous Disney cartoons. Surprisingly, the selection in English was quite limited, but we did not visit to watch TV and so did not bother to look for much.

This is a good hotel that caters for children and is very tolerant of their needs. We would happily return, and stay for longer next time, so we could enjoy more of Disneyland. Two days in Disneyland was not enough with little children.

1  Thank David S