“Great location when visiting Disneyland”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #90 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great location when visiting Disneyland”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel was good but nothing spectacular. The view was nice since we could see the fireworks from the park at night. The shuttle bus to the park was very convenient and made the stay there worthwhile. I would recommend staying here while visiting Disneyland but then transferring somewhere else while exploring the rest of Hong Kong.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

On my final night at the Hollywood Hotel in HK I wrote a 3 page complaint letter to management. I was so so disappointed with my stay there and really wish I had known not to go. A waste of my money and time! The lobby was crazy busy and there is nothing welcoming about the reception area. Line up and wait! Feels like that's all you do in HK! WAIT! the concierge and bell staff were very unfriendly upon arrival, taking all our luggage to storage because we were too early! I had asked for early check in but I got the impression that they didn't even try. The rooms were decent size but very dated and boring. The bathroom was very nice and very spacious. No wardrobe doors which I didn't like as the wardrobe is right in your view when you open the door. What I am disappointed about at Hollywood Hotel is that this is a hotel at Disneyland. The reason I booked to bring my family there was because we wanted to experience a fun, family friendly, place that was Disney! The only staff that smiled and said hello were the cleaning staff! The rest of the hotel staff were very straight faced and rude really. where was the goofy fun kid loving staff!? its Disneyland! where was the Disney magic? Where were the Disney characterS? how hard is it for the characters to visit the hotel, after all shouldn't this be part of the reason you stay at the hotel? If I wanted an ordinary hotel stay I could have booked at the near by Novotel - but I booked at Disney Hollywood Hotel because I wanted the extraordinary! chef Mickey comes out for half an hour at breakfast or lunch and you pay for the photo! Breakfast is not included in the room rate and the Chef Mickey restaurant is very expensive and not worth it. The Lounge for light snacks and drinks was very nice, we enjoyed a drink and the kids watched a movie, I think that was the only memorable moment in the hotel. They dont even have room service!!! On the last day we took a stroll outside, the lawns and gardens are beautiful, the views are stunning over the water and the pool looks fun for the summertime. But really I felt very unappreciated, I stayed at the Shangri La in Kowloon for 4 nights after this and I really wished I had just gone straight there instead of wasting my money and time at Hollywood Hotel. I recommend staying in any other accommodation and just commuting to the park on the days you want. Its really not worth it to stay there.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room on the top floor - no view of anything nice really - just the back part of th...
1 Thank Kik-sta
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is my 2nd stay at Disney's Hollywood hotel. This time we can only stay 1 night as our trip was quite packed. We stayed in the park view room which is great as we can view the fireworks from our room. Check in was a breeze as we arrived in the evening where there were not much people checking in. We were given late check out at 1pm without even having to ask for it. But the lady at the check out counter the next day was rude and don't look friendly. As we came back from the park around 12pm+ and i needed to nurse my baby before leaving so wanted to ask if we can stay on for a little longer. But even before i could state my reason, she just flatly told us that we are left with 10mins more before checkout time. So we checked out and I checked with the Concierge if there are any nursing room in the hotel, the guy referred me to 2 other counter staffs who kindly allow me to use back the room that I had checked out for another 1hr to nurse my baby. Forgotten to take down their names, but i'm very glad for the help they had given me. The guys at the Concierge and the baggage counter are all very helpful. This should be the way how the staffs at a family oriented Disney hotel should be and not like that unfriendly staff at the check out counter.

Room Tip: Get a park view room if you want to view fireworks from the room.
Nagpur
Reviewed 7 January 2014

was staying two nights over the Christmas holidays, i paid close to 22000 rupees per night, arrived at the hotel from Macau where we stayed at the venetian, front desk said that the rooms would be available at 3pm and we should proceed to the park. no welcome drink, no place to freshen up, had to deposit our luggage in the reception area and trot off to the park a shuttle bus ride of appx 10 mins, i know it shouldnt be compared with the Venetian, but cost wise i think it isnt worth it. surely not to be recommended

2 Thank Drdesh
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Overrated and expensive, but would still rate as average since my daughter loved it, of course probably she can appreciate it since she do not the cost of a night's stay. Breakfast is too pricey and less choices of foods. Probably the first and last stay here.

1 Thank princessrosh
Canberra
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've stayed in a couple of Disney or Universal Studios themed hotels in recent years. This one blew my mind. The Mickey themed art deco style is everyone, from the mirrors on the walls right through to the toiletries provided in the bathrooms. Someone obviously goes to a great deal of trouble each day to shape the face washers into little origami style animal characters.

Though not overly large, the room was comfy enough for a family of four, and it was clean and tidy. The buffet breakfast, while not featuring the Disney characters like over at the Disneyland Hotel, was spectacular. The kids loved it, and I don't think I've ever seen such a range of food anywhere else before. Watch out about dinner in the same restaurant though - its unbelievably expensive. If we were to return to HK Disneyland again, I would stay here again, and would recommend it to families with children.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Not that I have stayed in many Disney (Paris and Tokyo), but this was probably the least "magical" of the three. I know this Hollywood is not the main Disney hotel, but in Tokyo I didn't stay in the main hotel either (was in Sheraton to be more specific).

The room looked rather old and should probably have gotten a facelift yesteryear. The service from the staff was business-like, which would have been ok if this had been a business hotel. But being a Disney hotel and the first point-of-contact for overseas guests going to Disneyland HK, one would have expected them to be more cheerful and joyous. Maybe they were tired dealing with the big crowds from the holiday season, or maybe I was just plain unlucky the few times I dealt with them. But well, I write what I saw.

1 Thank BusYawbus