“Love this hotel”
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

Lanson Place Hotel
Ranked #25 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Couldn't agree more with all of the positive comments about Lanson Place Hotel in CB. 3rd time staying there. Great room on 13/F, comfortable bed, kitchenette, superior linens and toiletries. I loved the shower and had free wifi, but paid for breakfast, so check what is included in your price. I paid a tad under CAD$200. A 5 minute walk to the CB MTR. Just exit the hotel, then right, right and left, go past Forever 21 and you are at Exit F of the CB MTR. Highly recommended and I will definitely stay ther again. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank total23
Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night in one of the apartment suites. Totally faultless. Special occasion and a special location for us. The hotel was recommended to us, and we were not disappointed. Just wish we had more time to enjoy the amazing facilities.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently stayed here, and was very impressed, firstly by the size of the rooms. Much bigger than I expected for HK. Also the quality of the rooms, and what came with them. The staff were excellent, and I felt like I was important, rather than just another customer. It really was a home from home. A lovely luxurious hotel, without the ostentatiousness of some of the larger chain hotels in HK. Great location as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I love this place, have been here 4 times now. The location is great , close to subway and tram. In a quiet street , close to lots of shopping area and Central. Friendly staff, very nice and comfortable rooms, the only hic is the breakfast, it is good but not great. But will ill definitively stay here every time i go to hong kong,

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are clear and quiet so just go with the space you want.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Lanson Place hotel back in 2011 and this time was our second visit back. All in all, we had a lovely time and the reason why we chose this hotel is because it is a member of the SLH group and we are used to such standards. Moreover, I was bringing my mom and aunt this time round and so wanted them to enjoy boutique luxury. The rates have significantly increased since the last time we stayed, but hotel accommodation in Hong Kong is expensive in general.

We booked 2 rooms - a Superior Queen Room and the Deluxe Twin Room. My husband and I stayed in the Superior Queen. Bed was a tad small (it being queen-sized) but all the better to cuddle with, I suppose! The Deluxe Twin Room came with a nice couch where it suited my mom and aunt just fine. Overall the rooms were very bright and big enough, we appreciated the welcome gift tray of juices, biscuits and chocolates which was a nice touch.

-Now the things that weren't so good: Our rooms were spotlessly clean but there was this radio -clock in our room which is positively filthy. I took the liberty to clean it as I thought it was dusty (i.e. was placing my water and personal effects next to it.) and the tissue was completely brown! Now that was a bit off-putting. I am not sure if the radio clock is rusting but honestly I think special care should be taken to manage the hotel items. That was somewhat upsetting for me. -The pillows were not good. Extremely soft and with no support. I think they should give 2 more pillows so people used to support can stack it up. (I would have given 5 stars to sleep quality if it weren't for the really flat pillows.)
-One of the ladies at the reception whilst checking us in, though not rude at all, seemed rather disinterested. That was also a bit of a disappointment because we were used to stellar service throughout back in 2011. But these are the only complaints that I have.

Also, previously our happy hours were factored into the cost of the room back in 2011 but now we have to pay for it. As a pointer, I don't see a need to pay for Happy Hour unless it is factored into the room at a reasonable rate. Hong Kong is filled with watering holes and restaurants and bars. Charging for Happy Hour at a somewhat high rate doesn't make sense to me. Even worse is charging for the American breakfast. People go to HK for the local food and local eats; I found the charge of the American breakfast a bit too much at HK$180 per person. And charging HK$900.00 per car per trip for hotel transport from the airport to the hotel is just way too much! From the airport it costs max HK$350 at peak traffic. I don't mind paying a premium but this is more than double.

Other than that, the stay was lovely. I love the courtyard on the ground floor where we can wait for people and it looks positively beautiful and posh; it's like an oasis from the madness and crowds outside. The concierge gentlemen at the ground floor are also a complete delight back in 2011 and now, in 2013. They are always so willing to assist and we feel so welcomed every time we step back into hotel after a hard day's shopping!

You cannot beat the Lanson Place Hotel in terms of location. The hotel is so close to Lee Gardens and completely walkable to Times Square with so many eateries and fun little lanes to explore everywhere.

All in all, still a thumb's up and we would continue staying at this establishment as long as it doesn't price itself out of the market.

Room Tip: The Superior Queen Room is great for couples but if your partner just happens to be on the 'bigg...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights and we really enjoyed our stay and the service.
I checkedin at 4am and the staff were so attentive and accommodated me so quick. I guess they can see how tired I was from my delayed flight. My husband only follow and arrived around 4pm.
We had a Superior room and it was so neat and elegant. I love the glass shower room and the clean toilet room. They have a very comfortable bed, the kitchenette in the room was perfect if you get tired of eating hk/chinese foods. You can borrow DVD from them, they have plenty of choices. I also used their business center as I have some documents that I needed to scanned. Their internet was pretty good and fast too.
The breakfast buffet was decent and good. I love the toilets in this floor.
The location is perfect as its only 5minutes walk to the train station, near the shopping area, and theres a lot of small restaurants or dumpling place. You better try those as these are the authentic ones. We love the foods in HK.

If ever i go back to HK i will definitely stay there again. We have recommended it to our friends and they tried it too and they love it. 1 friend says he stays in Lanson everytime he's in HK.

Thank you for your excellent service. Keep it up. See you again when we go in HK.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frauessen
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The rooms were large by HK standards. The feel of the place is posh and lovely. Love, love the bed. Service was superb & the reception greeted you with warmest and sincerest smiles (not common in HK!) Would have preferred separate twin beds but they price it differently with those with queen-bed ones (so unusual). Overall, looved our stay here. Close to nice spots in the Causeway Bay area (although hands down the shopping world @TST is waaay better) and very accessible to the MRT. (Tip: for travellers, they do offer complimentary use of local mobiles for the duration of your stay, subject to availability, but just ask)

Room Tip: They price queen-bed rooms much higher than twin-bed ones, which I think is unusual. The queen bed...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends