Lanson Place Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$273
US$134
US$107
Agoda.com
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$196
US$245
US$224
Shangri-La.com
  • Pool
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
US$673
US$626
1,541 results
All reviewscauseway baywelcome basketsmall kitchenettesmall luxury hotelgrand luxe roomlee gardenstimes squaremini kitchencomplimentary snacksvictoria parksitting areaconcierge teamgreat boutiquepillow menuserviced apartmenthandy phonelocal eateries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cannot fault this delightful boutique hotel in the heart of Causeway Bay.
All reservations aspects handled impeccably, including organising of limousine to collect us from HKIA.
Arriving at the hotel at 8.30am it was no trouble for us to have immediate access to our suite and breakfast - unheard of in most places. Our suite was well presented and exactly what was needed after the overnight flight from Australia. Light, bright, all services as one would expect and brilliant views across Victoria Park.
Staff outstanding. Special mention to the young porter who looked after our luggage and all inquiries during our stay - he will go far in hospitality. Reception staff excellent and always helpful. Enjoy complimentary pre dinner drinks too, a welcome respite in bustling Hong Kong!
Recommend Lanson Place very strongly. Definitely will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Intrepidtraveller333
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lanson Place delivers an on-point quality service, fashioned around an air of discretion behind a classical façade of this hidden treasure. This boutique hotel/apartment setting is not your traditional 'hotel room' and is a welcome change because it offers the element of home. Each apartment is adeptly designed to maximise space and accommodate the standard amenities that include kitchenette and separate seating-working area.

Go prepared about your expectation, because there is no in-house restaurant, but its location in the heart of Causeway Bay means finding somewhere close-by to eat or to purchase groceries is not a problem.

Loved the on-site self-service laundry facility.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ACUBIEN G
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed as a family with small kids at the Lanson Place Hotel, and weren't disappointed. It has nice amenities (including a laundry room, which was key) and is conveniently located near an MTR station and heaps of shopping malls to make it a nice central spot. You'd miss the hotel from the street, as there is no prominent signage. But a short elevator ride up to the lobby and you're there at registration.

The layout of the room allowed us to sleep small kids on the sofas in the sitting room, while we slept in the bedroom, and felt like it was far enough away (no separating door however). Rooms are small (think NYC) but the bedroom area had tons of nooks and crannies for closet areas and shelving. Just don't bring large suitcases!

The bathroom was sort of oddly placed in the center of the room, with a window out to the main room. But the shower was good, with green mosaic tile; the sink had plenty of counter space; and the lighting was sufficient.

Rooms also had a tiny kitchenette, which we didn't use (except to chill water in the refrigerator). View from the room was down to some soccer pitches that provided some nice people watching.

The hotel does a good happy hour in the evenings, which has a low price for wine and beer plus a light selection of some hot food and nibbles. The lobby area is very comfortable and we were able to take advantage of this with some friends one of the evenings, before heading out to dinner.

Staff is friendly and helpful. We will come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ladodgerone
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been to Hong Kong once a year since 2009 which totals 6 times. I have stayed at Lanson 5 (other time I stayed at a friend's place in Causeway Bay). It feels like coming home..They have always been friendly with their communication prior to arriving and willing to help with my queries. No it is not your typical hotel but that is what I like about it, actually love about it. The little kitchenette is great which allows you to have your own brekky should you choose not have the hotel breakfast. All be it is not your traditional buffet all you can eat - I do believe it is sufficient to start your day. James and his team at Concierge are fantastic and it's like they know exactly when you turn up as they are always ready to open the door and help with the shopping overload!. Mr Ian Brewis and Lucy the Customer Service Manager are just superb! During my stay this year I was celebrating my birthday and upon arrival there was a bottle of bubble and a chocolate flower :) On the last 2 days of the trip I was quite ill with flu and late check out was granted with no issue whatsoever! It's in a great location and only minutes from the local MTR. I would not even consider other hotels when going to Hong Kong cause this wins all the time.
People have complained about the hotel not being so famous with taxi driver - I may understand this if going from airport but when you get your room key in the little card pouch it actually has directions in English and Cantonese so there is no issue there.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the mountains - just spectacular watching the sunrise in the mornings
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sydney1974
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was upgraded to a King suite and had one of the best nights' sleep I've had. I travel quite often and the layout of the room did so much for relaxation. The bedroom seemed like I was sleeping in a cloud. The front desk was very courteous, polite, and professional. One thing I did find puzzling in the room was the lack of power outlets. I only found two in the entire suite; one by the kitchen and one underneath the desk. Not so convenient for business work with multiple devices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business