“Wonderful New Year in Hong Kong!”
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

Lanson Place Hotel
Ranked #21 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful New Year in Hong Kong!”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We stayed at the Lanson Place for 5 nights to celebrate my birthday and New Year and had a fabulous stay. The hotel itself is beautiful and our superior room was excellent. Small touches like complementary water and fruit juice along with excellent quality toiletries really make it stand out for the norm. The hotel staff were incredible and only too happy to make recommendations and reservations for us all of which turned out to be excellent. The hotel is in a great location for both the subway and trams so all of Hong Kong is easily accessible. My only reservation was that breakfast was not included in our deal and to pay for this separately is quite pricey considering the alternatives available nearby. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here next time I'm in Hong Kong.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 13 January 2010

The Lanson Place is a winning hotel in terms of location. It's right in the middle of Causeway Bay and so convenient since it's close to everything just within a walking distance. However, the hotel itself is tranquil and as soon as you enter, you forget that you are right in the middle of a bustling city.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, check-in and check-out were fast and efficient. The room is spacious, with the kitchen area being extremely valuable. I am a light sleeper and this is one of the few hotels which I did not for once could hear anything from the room next door or noises from outside.

Breakfast spread is good enough for me although if you're like my husband who got to have a hot meal in the morning, it may be disappointing. But then again, you can find many local eateries nearby so it's not a problem.

The only downside was that there were some constructions being done in front of the hotel, right near the entry door. I guess they were working on the sewerage system because the smell was really awful when you were about to enter or exit the hotel. During our first day, it even smelled really bad in the lobby area up to the elevator. It was not nice at all. The hotel should have provided some aromatherapy scents to help minimize this smell.

If it had not been for this problem, I would have given a perfect 5 score for the Lanson Place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafaya
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I was in HK for almost 2 weeks in Christmas. Since I enjoyed my stay last year at the Lanson Place, I decided to stay here again. Unfortunately, the free breakfast and internet service are no longer free. This time, I stayed at a smaller room the Premier. Was not granted an upgrade even though I am a SLH member. The Deluxe room I stayed in was definietly much roomier and nicer though the premier was not too bad.
I found stain on the mattress cover which was changed only after I made a request. Shouldn't housekeeping have changed it automatically? It was a noticeable large stain.
Also I found stain on carpet in the living area and some wear and tear noticeable in the bathroom floor, broken towel hanger under the sink... Can't call yourself a luxury hotel if these are not addressed promptly.
Service was nice, umbrellas provided on rainy days. Staff was courteous especially bellmen.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We have just been in Hong Kong and I must say that this hotel is great! Good location, lovely room and very helpful stuff, expecially Tracy! I can't really think of anything negative on this hotel. I would definelty go back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosangelaLondon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2010

This hotel is amazing. My hubby and I were upgraded to an executive suite for our honeymoon. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The room service is punctual and the food is very good, the location is very easy to get around and is away from the hustle and bustle so you can unwind after a days shopping. It does not have a restaurant but there are loads to choose from nearby.

The room was so clean and spacious. The bathroom is amazing and hubby wanted to keep the shower which has a steam function which is so relaxing.

This hotel also has a laundry room with coin operated washing machines and tumble dryers. This was invaluable to us because we still had 2 weeks of our honeymoon in Thailand left to do so being able to wash our clothes before we went a big plus.

Hong kong itself is amazing, there is so much to see and do and a cab ride back to the hotel never cost more than £4.

I recommend the limo to the airport which was a very comfortable ride (around half and hour).

You have to pay for wifi but is was not too expensive. There was free broadband in our room but we did not have a laptop.

We will be going back a soon as possible!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KetchupLover
TLV
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Very professional service on all levels.
Nice room design
The single thing that troubled be a bit was the relatively small size of the room, but maybe it's typical for downtown hotels in HKG.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Sliker
Singapore
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This is a fantastic hotel. The service was out of this world. I think I am difficult to please, but this hotel wowed me. It doesn't have some of the facilities that a typical 5 star hotel has - e.g. restaurants, pool - but it more than makes up in many ways. It's small and cozy, and the staff really get to know you. It started right at the airport when staff met us and accompanied us back to the hotel. They bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. I had 3 young children, and they somehow managed to squeeze 2 extra single beds and a cot in one room! On the first night, a staff walked us to a restaurant nearby that we wanted to go to. When we finished dinner, we realised that the same staff from the hotel had walked back and left umbrellas at the restaurant as it had started raining while we were eating! Staff members are always polite and obliging, and thinking actively of your needs. When you return after a long day's journey they literally run to come out to help you with your work. Location is also superb in the bustling Causeway Bay. Rooms are trendy and tasteful, and rates are reasonable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family