“difficult for business traveler”

L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View
Ranked #140 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Even local Taxi missed this hotel location many times.
OK for price but location is not good for business traveler.
Room and service standard.

Plus
1.Price
2.Near subway station

Minus
1.Very difficult to find Taxi...especially in the morning
Even extra payment for calling taxi...have to wait long time.
2.Not many staff in hotel

I won't recommend Hong Kong beginner or business traveler.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2012

On the plus side it has a gym and pool. The bed was fine, but the pillows were really comfortable--some of the nicest I've encountered in a hotel. For a hotel room, it was spacious with a nice view. The shower water pressure was decent and there was a free paper in the morning. The location was next to Tin Hau Station so it was convenient.
On the down side, I was on the 36th floor and the elevators were very slow. There was no wireless in the room and there was a fee for the wired connection. While the breakfast was tasty, there was an extra fee for that; we were under the impression upon booking that breakfast was included. If I had a choice to go back, I might if the internet connection and breakfast were part of the total fee.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room and the higher the room, the better the view, but the elevator will take time.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Whats4dessert
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Although this property is a little way out (and we would choose to be a bit more in the city next time) it was very convenient for the train and tram services. The room was ok apart from the fact we had a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking. As it was extremely cold (12degrees) in Hong Kong (Jan) we were very grateful for the extremely deep and hot bath we had on return from our trips. Staff were polite enough but weren't bothered with our request for a non smoking room. The price was good at £139 for 2 nights. Not much else to say really, if we had to we would stay here again but would stay somewhere else for choice.
Take the left hand road to the property as it is situated in a forked road, the right hand side means you have to go down quite a steep staircase to reach the hotel which doesn't go down well with heavy suitcases in hand.

Room Tip: Can't really say except make sure you do have a non smoking room if requested. Our room did over...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I enjoyed my stopover in hong kong in this hotel. I was on the 26th floor and the view at night was superb. Was able to watch a light show from my room.
The bed was very hard. But very well received after spending 10 hrs in a qantas club seat.never again! It really helped my aching back.
Someone complained about the floor being wooden, I paid a fortune to get parquet flooring in my house. I suppose it's all down to the individual's taste.
I found the staff wonderful, even got me an early checkin which was not in my booking.
I would def stay again, I was staying in a
Superior room.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank hmbpaisley
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is not in causeway bay and doesn't have Harbour view at all. It is actually in tin hau.

Upon arrival I was told that my booking was not for a king size bed and there is nothing I could do about it.

The service was poor. The rooms below average. And not worth the $300 usd a night I paid.

The only good things about this hotel was the water pressure in the shower and the pillows. Nothing more.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lostinmacau
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Location = It is not in Causeway Bay. The hotel is located in Tin Hau. Nevertheless, public transportation is readily available. MTR(subway) is just across the street. Tramway is almost outside the hotel. Airport bus is a few meters away from the hotel. There is not much to see in the area except for some eateries and convenience stores nearby.

Room = Average size. Wooden floor. Old tv set with average tv channels. No wifi in the room, not even in the hotel, i guess. The bed is ok - not too hard or soft.

Bathroom = Average size. I find the bathroom rather old due to the tiles used.

Lobby = Small. It has 2 computer sets for hotel guests to use. They are not enough with probably hundreds or thousands of hotel guests sharing the 2 computer sets.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Canboy
Reviewed 23 January 2012

It seems like a lot of people have heard of this hotel - including taxi drivers, so its easy to find. I thought this would mean it was good, that sadly wasn't the case. I was only there for 1 night but was travelling for business. The room was basic and smelled damp. Wifi wasn't an option, even if I was prepared to pay, which is a big requirement for a business traveller now. Consequently, I wouldn't stay again. Its a convenient location, but that's about it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business