L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$404
US$353
Conrad
  • Restaurant
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
US$673
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$200
Hotel ICON Official Website
US$133
US$100
Agoda.com
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$297
US$266
  • Pool
All reviewstin hau mtr stationvictoria parkcauseway baybasement bartram stopconvenient locationgood sizeairport buscircle kdecent hotelhard bedsexcellent locationconvenience storefree wifismall gymper dayrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Let me start by saying: "I am coming back the next time I am here!"

I always stay around this area whenever I am in Hong Kong. I like the streets around this area serving many varieties of food. The other hotel (Empire, which is good too) I usually stay is slightly further away from the MTR (Tin Huo), about a 7minutes walk. The other hotel is good too, but just further. Every time coming back from a shopping trip, you will wish to be in the hotel as soon as possible right?

Getting to the hotel. If you are coming in by the airport, you can take the free airport express, H2. It does not stop directly in front of this hotel. I would recommend to either drop at Empire hotel (first stop) or at Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay (a number of stops more). I did stop at Empire hotel, and its a 5 minutes walk over. Traffic was not so good on the day of my arrival, so it's easier to walk over than to get jam in the shuttle. Leaving the hotel and going back to the airport, I walked to the nearby Metropark. Its like the last 4th stop going back to the town checkin location at IFC.

Hotel has good facilities. A decent gym (2 threadmill, 1 step machine and 1 cycling machine) and a 15m pool!. For such small place, they managed to squeeze them in, which I am impressed. Room wise is also spacious and has a king size bed! Bed is firm, which i like. The hotel is not brand new, but not run down. TV is the CRT type, but have many channels to watch. Toilet is of decent size too, considering the others I had stayed are rather small.

Overall, the location coupled with the pleasant stay at the hotel, I would definitely come back here again. I did not stay in the usual hotel caused its more expensive this time when I booked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eng98
Reviewed 23 April 2012

we stayed at this hotel for 5 days this April, the location is good, convenient, it's right across the Tin Hau Mtr station, also right across the tram. There are convenient stores and groceries nearby, restaurants too. But if you're looking for night life, there's not much... the room is clean and has a nice view, but the amenities like the swimming pool's small... overall i like this hotel, it's 1 stop away from causeway bay.:)

Room Tip: request for rooms near the top floor, you'll enjoy the views more.:)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stay there for 4 nights in April. Hotel just a step away from Airport bus depot, MTR and tram stop. Can take bus E11 from the airport to the terminal, walk across the street to the hotel. Food and convenience stores close by. Room was clean and good size. The bed was a little hard for western standards but I am used to sleeping on a firm bed. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyVancouver_12
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Located at Tin Hau, the next MTR station after Causeway Bay, but none the less very close to Causeway Bay. Convenient if you have business or friends on HK Island, and to see sights on Island side. MTR is 2 min from the door. Area around is quite authentic HK - try the roast meat restaurant 5 min away on Electric road: for HK$32 you can have a great roast duck rice.
Room was very nice size, comfortable, but bathroom was suffering HK syndrome - moldy corners - and the toilet didn't flush that well.
I could hear the road from my room and slept with ear plugs
Staff very helpful.
I arrived early, the room wasn't ready, but they sent me up to 39th floor where there was a nice
bathroom/shower available to use.
I never like buffet breakfast but this one was not very good - just edible.
But this place is a very reasonable price for HK island. The room itself is very nice, I could see the harbour and I will probably choose it again if in HK for a few nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My aunt and I stayed here for 3 nights in February before going to Beijing (Tiajin) for a cruise. Our orginal plan was to go to Kaiping while in Hong Kong but changed our mind due to visa issue. This was our second hotel in the area and at first I was worry due to the negative reviews here.

We were nicely surprise at check-in. We had a room facing the side and with big glass windows with view of Causeway Bay. The bathroom and beds were very comfortable. The only different at this hotel was they do not have free WiFi or internet service. I did used the computer in the lobby for email.

The best point of the hotel is the location for MTR (Tin Hau-just across the street) and Airport bus #11 is just 8 minutes walk right of the hotel. Another bonus was the little noodle place in the alley just across the front of hotel.

With the price we paid for the room at L'Hotel Causeway Bay, very good value indeed for HK hotel.

I did witness an argument between the front desk staff and a guest about some charges. The staff member did back down and waived the charges (not sure what) but said this will be the last time. This may not be a customer service problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family