We are a family of four and visit HK usually every other year or so to visit my family. Our stay is usually 10-14 days on average. I researched and checked other hotels prior to booking L'Hotel again as I am not sure how they have kept up with the property as last visit was good but it could use some update. However, it is hard to find a hotel that can accommodate four in a convenient location. Also, due to extended stay, we also want some type of comfort level and set up. After checking out different hotels and checking on size and cost, we decided to book L'Hotel again. The pros:
- Reservation Staff was extremely responsive (kudos to Ms. Debbie Chan). She patiently addressed all my emails and questions without trying to 'sell' it.
- Room size - we booked a suite again like we did last three visits. As always, very spacious by HK standards; separate room with a table comfortable enough for 3 adults to sit around ... I can even have friends to visit for a few hours; 2 bathrooms perfect for our growing family (our kids are now 11 and 13).
- Room condition - very clean and refreshed. We expected the room to be slightly worn as it's no longer a 'new' hotel. Last visit, some features were slightly worn. In fact, they did refresh the rooms and everything was working like new. This definitely exceeded our expectation.
- Swimming pool - was perfect especially for such hot and humid weather. The backdrop of the HK skyline at the pool is priceless. It is small but not so cramped that you can't swim (unless it is crowded).
- Locations - perfect - surrounded by great bakeries, 2 supermarkets, laundry cleaners, fast food, restaurants of different price ranges, stationery stores, lots of cool eateries at Tai Hang and more local eateries on Electric Road. Tram, MTR, bus and taxis are at the doorstep. Even our 11 and 13 years old (who speak English only) can navigate everywhere themselves this time around. We even walked to Causeway Bay several times through Victoria Park.
- Staff - beside the reservation staff, we found the staff much more friendly than previous visits from the front desk to concierge. They're always very polite in all my previous visits - like typical Hong Kong professionalism. This time, they seem to be a lot warmer from our arrival to our departure whenever we have any questions or need any help. I actually lost a wallet during the stay. They were very understanding and advised me how to report to the police stations - and to my utter surprise, the police found the wallet and I got everything back!! They're perfectly bilingual (as I am the only one who speaks Cantonese among our family.)
This stay exceeds our expectation. We have an idea about the space and location of the room due to our previous visits. What concerned us if the place has improved or deteriorated since our last visit. It certainly has improved. For a suite in HK of that size and location, the cost was great value. I will highly recommend this place. (Our first visit was a standard 2 bedroom when our kids were 1 and 3. It was still very good size for HK.) Hope they keep up with the great work and all of us are looking forward to being back in two years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace the serenity of L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View where guests can enjoy the wonderful harbor view at amazingly good prices. The 40-storey building in the Causeway Bay district has 275 spaciously appointed guestrooms including 25 generous sized suites to help guests unwind. Every room is designed to show off Hong Kong's natural wonders and come with a glorious view of the Fragrant Harbour or of the lush green mountains of Braemar Hill. Inside, designers have created a space to soothe the soul and temper the spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong