“Our 4th Stay at L'Hotel - exceeded our expectations!”

L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View
Ranked #142 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Washington, DC
“Our 4th Stay at L'Hotel - exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We are a family of four and visit HK usually every other year or so to visit my family. Our stay is usually 10-14 days on average. I researched and checked other hotels prior to booking L'Hotel again as I am not sure how they have kept up with the property as last visit was good but it could use some update. However, it is hard to find a hotel that can accommodate four in a convenient location. Also, due to extended stay, we also want some type of comfort level and set up. After checking out different hotels and checking on size and cost, we decided to book L'Hotel again. The pros:
- Reservation Staff was extremely responsive (kudos to Ms. Debbie Chan). She patiently addressed all my emails and questions without trying to 'sell' it.
- Room size - we booked a suite again like we did last three visits. As always, very spacious by HK standards; separate room with a table comfortable enough for 3 adults to sit around ... I can even have friends to visit for a few hours; 2 bathrooms perfect for our growing family (our kids are now 11 and 13).
- Room condition - very clean and refreshed. We expected the room to be slightly worn as it's no longer a 'new' hotel. Last visit, some features were slightly worn. In fact, they did refresh the rooms and everything was working like new. This definitely exceeded our expectation.
- Swimming pool - was perfect especially for such hot and humid weather. The backdrop of the HK skyline at the pool is priceless. It is small but not so cramped that you can't swim (unless it is crowded).
- Locations - perfect - surrounded by great bakeries, 2 supermarkets, laundry cleaners, fast food, restaurants of different price ranges, stationery stores, lots of cool eateries at Tai Hang and more local eateries on Electric Road. Tram, MTR, bus and taxis are at the doorstep. Even our 11 and 13 years old (who speak English only) can navigate everywhere themselves this time around. We even walked to Causeway Bay several times through Victoria Park.
- Staff - beside the reservation staff, we found the staff much more friendly than previous visits from the front desk to concierge. They're always very polite in all my previous visits - like typical Hong Kong professionalism. This time, they seem to be a lot warmer from our arrival to our departure whenever we have any questions or need any help. I actually lost a wallet during the stay. They were very understanding and advised me how to report to the police stations - and to my utter surprise, the police found the wallet and I got everything back!! They're perfectly bilingual (as I am the only one who speaks Cantonese among our family.)

This stay exceeds our expectation. We have an idea about the space and location of the room due to our previous visits. What concerned us if the place has improved or deteriorated since our last visit. It certainly has improved. For a suite in HK of that size and location, the cost was great value. I will highly recommend this place. (Our first visit was a standard 2 bedroom when our kids were 1 and 3. It was still very good size for HK.) Hope they keep up with the great work and all of us are looking forward to being back in two years!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed really high floor with wide view of harbor which is very beautiful. This was my second time to stay there. I love their wooden floor. But this time it was very noisy because of party or some gambling at late night. I was very unpleasant because I payed a lot for the room with view.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank bocoya
Katowice, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is very well connected with the public underground transportation (just across the street) so it's highly recommended if you'd like to commute a lot and want to avoid getting a taxi. The biggest issue may be the fact that Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby and it's so slow that you can't even get a proper quality while talking on skype. Room equipment may be no the newest one but still the quality is acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bandung
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is good to public transport access from airport, you can take airport bus no E11 cost you $ 21 HKD and get of at Tin Hau bus station terminus (end of bus stop) take 1 hour and 30 minutes ride from airport and just look cross the road you absolutely see the hotel or if you want rather fast to reach hotel, you can take MTR from Hongkong Int'l airport and get off at Tin Hau MTR Station, if you want faster to reach hotel you can use airport express train to Central station and get the MTR from Central and get off at Tin Hau MTR station exit A direction to Victoria Park, just look at front of your sight there is the L'Hotel location at the corner and you must cross the street to go to hotel.
Near to Causeway bay area, can reach there for 15 minutes walk or you can take a city tram only $ 2.1 HKD and ride about 5 minutes.
Room hotel is fair big space at Hongkong and the air condition is running cool very well when i was stay at summer.
Breakfast is great, very variety of menu choice.
Free wifi just in the lobby and in the room they charge HKD $ 100.00 per day, they provide left luggage service with charge HKD $ 10.00 / luggage/whole period that is fair enough. I am happy to stay here !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here in 2010 and quite liked it. However I had some significant issues this time. Firstly, the night we arrived the room was boiling hot. There is an air conditioning control in the room but as we found out, it is non functional. A complaint to a helpful front of house staffer elicited the information that rooms are centrally air conditioned to 23 degrees, which is far too high, particularly as the public areas of the hotel are air conditioned to a much cooler level. As others have commented there is free wifi only in the lounge. We enquired and if you want access in your room, it will cost you $HK 150 per day. There is a happy hour in a basement lounge but the cocktails we had on the first night had virtually no spirit content. This wasn't accidental as a complaint to the barman the second night led to gin and tonic being delivered separately to our table for inspection before mixing. The breakfast ends at 10.30 am and this is not made clear as a document in the room that turns out to be room service only (but is not marked as such) says 11 am. When 10.30 am comes the breakfast supervisor, who is one the rudest in your face staff I have encountered in a hotel, will try to shoo you out and will have his staff clean up around you. The in room breakfast is dearer than room service, which is a first for me. My conclusion was that the management here is trying to obtain custom with a reasonable headline rate and then touch you up with additional charges or is cost cutting by failing to deliver a proper service. Beware. I won't be staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aussietony_10
Johannesburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Firstly clean and well maintained. Did not find the staff that informative when trying to find out what to do. Also did not think it was close enough to the harbour, the ferry etc. Yes if u went by taxi but I decided to walk to the ferry , I luckily walked through causeway street so saw a lot but really is to far out if u want to catch the ferry.
Nwxt time I would choose something closer to Causeway harbour, closer to all the top sites.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My main concern was the lack of Wi-Fi thru out the hotel - only available in the lobby and very slow speed. We were told it was wired internet (for a fee) in the rooms, but after numerous tries, no success. Room was clean and well maintained.....directly across the street from the metro station, which made it extremely convenient to explore the city. However, I consider having free Wi-Fi in my hotel room a critical component of any hotel stay and would not book here again. Don't bother eating breakfast here - its average at best and far too expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family