“Ok for a single guest”

Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #140 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 February 2008

The hotel is fine... it has a very luxurious ambience..i was there few days ago for a business trip and we've chosen the hotel for my shelter... The room is big and the food is excellent..the service is ok, not high class type of service though coz some of my request has not been urgently attended to, but over all, it is great... my stay has been worth while and i will however take into consideration choosing Cosmo again next time..

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong

Reviewed 14 February 2008

I like the Cosmo Hotel. It was very fresh and trendy. The hotel staff were helpful. Wan Chai is within walking distance of the hotel and the Happy Valley race track is close by. The rooms are small compared to other hotels we have stayed in. I would also recommend you know your travelling companion very well, as you can see into the bathroom from the bedrooms in the superior rooms. I would recommend you book the superior rooms if you like a view, as the cheaper rooms may have no view or a view of the wall of the graveyard that is behind the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Cosmo Hotel from 3/7 - 3/15/07. I researched neighboring hotels in Causeway Bay and felt this was the cheapest for $94 per night, given that it was relatively new. The room is small, tidy & clean. I didn't expect it to be large or even nice given the reviews I read about hotels in Hong Kong. Afterall, I would spend most of the time exploring the city and only go back to the hotel room to change and sleep. I expected it to be sufficient for the price I paid and was pleasantly surprised to find it trendy and efficient. The bathroom is literally the size of a closet. It's ridiculously small. I felt claustrophobic when I was showering and I'm a tiny girl. I enjoyed the free internet access in the room. The only concern was the location of the hotel. I needed to go down an underpass to walk over to Times Square (about a 10 - 15 minute walk). This felt unsafe to me but I had my guard up (being that I'm from NYC ... going into any underpass in an unknown city felt unsafe). The windows in the room fogged up several times but that's probably due to the weather in March. It was very humid, foggy & moist in the room after a shower or if you stayed in the room overnight. The bed itself was firm and I felt comfortable during my entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2007

We stayed at the Cosmo last year after looking all over for a cheap hotel online. This one was one of the cheapest we could find but we werent disappointed at all. The hotel is very modern and stylish and all the staff are very friendly. The room we had was a basic room, it was small with fogged out windows (I guess it was to mask the view of the famous cemetary behind the hotel). The rooms size wasnt off-putting at all as whoever designed it really accounted for space saving issues... and after all, who wants to go on holiday and spend all day in the room?? After all, all you need is a clean room, comfortable bed, good air conditioning, and a nice bathroom... The Cosmo more than delivered.

The only downside to the hotel is the lack of a hotel restaurant but its not needed anyway, so many nice and cheap restaurants nearby, try the local cuisines

I was so impressed with this hotel that I plan on using it again on my next visit

ps... use the bar often, there is a wonderful performing act in there every night, very nice and friendly

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pwcca
Reviewed 10 December 2007

When I walked into the hotel lobby, I guess it gave the expection of the room. The lobby is small, practical and trendy. We walked to the reception desk and we were greeted by a friendly staff.

After fill in the check-in form and passport inspection, I was asked to give a deposit of HK$300. This is not my first time I have encountered such request in Hong Kong, it is more or less normal practice. The staff informed us that we have got an "upgrade" and we prompty went upstairs by the lift to see our upgraded room.

I think the lobby of the hotel did set the scence of the room. I remember I use the word "cute" when I first walked into the room. The first impression of the room was small and smart.

The room is clean and tidy. The person who did the interior design of the room do manage to use every inch of the room without wasting any space.

In the room I stayed it has 2 single beds within the bedroom, next to one of the bed is a "semi-glass wall" partition between the bathroom and bedroom, this partition does give a trendy atmosphere to the room. Next to the other bed is the windown of the room, the window is sealed and can't be opened.

We went downstairs to the 5th floor "Breeze bar". To be honest "The Breeze bar" is actually just a nicely converted roof terrance of the base building. It offers self service complementary coffee and free wifi services. When we went there it was empty and we have the entire "bar" for ourselves. The bar isn't grand but it does have modern touch.

The location of the Hotel isn't great. It is not near a MTR station. It is 15+ minutes walk to Time square. Time sqaure do have an MTR entrance but it is a good 10 minutes walk from the entranace to the train platform.

Surronding the hotel isn't much to see or shop either. The PRC Chinese News Agency is next door and Happy Valley Horse Racing course is within viewing distance.

One good thing is that the number 10 bus stop to central is right outside the building and the airport express shuttle bus stop in front of the hotel too. It is only a short walk to catch the number 6 bus to Stanley and number 15 bus to the peak.

On the hold it is a okay hotel but don't expect too much. Not my first choice

2  Thank ISWC
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I liked the Cosmo -- it wasn't cheap but not a bad value for Hong Kong and it had some nice style in the rooms. I really liked the free high-quality coffee machine that was available 24/7 in the 2nd floor lounge. We booked a superior room because the website made it look like the basic room didn't really have an exterior window---I'm not sure if that's true but our room had a nice city view. We also took advantage of their shuttle bus a fair bit (which is actually next door at the Cosmopolitan). Other reviews had complained about the size of the rooms being tiny but I thought it was totally adequate although the bathroom was tiny.

The negatives were: poor service in the restaurant when we went for breakfast buffet including staff with very poor English (surprising for HK), not the greatest location -- on HK island but in a somewhat dull area so you're always going somewhere else to do stuff.

1  Thank ddosdall
Reviewed 26 November 2007

As my partner and I were in Hong Kong for a romantic weekend I thought I would splash out and get a nice hotel. The advertisements for the Cosmo looked great, so I decided to go for an executive room. Basically, it was smaller than most budget rooms I have stayed in, and only marginally nicer. The bathroom was cramped, breakfast wasn't even included at the rate of US$530 for 2 nights, the staff at reception were rude and I felt completely ripped off. There were no facilities, I have no idea how they feel they can charge these type of rates? I would definitely not recommend anyone stay there unless they can get a very cheap rate.