1,535 results
All reviewssister hotelwan chaicauseway bayhappy valley racecoursetimes squareshuttle busfree wifiexecutive roomminute walkmobile phonerooms are smallshuttle servicefree callsgoogle mapspublic transportthe hotel offershousekeeping staff
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at the Cosmo Hotel for four nights recently and had a great experience. While the Cosmo is a reasonably priced hotel, it is located next to the more upscale Cosmopolitan Hotel and the amenities of the latter were available to us. From there we were able to ride the free shuttle downtown to connect to the Big Bus tours which interested us. We also ate in the Cosmopolitan dining room which was excellent. The staff was very attentive. My wife was ill one day and the Manager, Mr Chan, was most helpful, giving me his card and informing me that I could call him at any time day or night. The desk clerk, Amy Lau, was wonderful. The hotel was clean, quiet well situated.

Room Tip: For those interested in horse racing, the track is very close by.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We arrived quite late and were met by a very helpful young man at the check-in desk who was keen to give us plenty of information.

We had the family suite (301) on the first floor. This was spacious with two separate rooms and a few nice touches such as roomy seating area with large TV as well as TV in each bedroom.

Fruit was replenished every day, another nice touch.

The room was also clean and well serviced every day.

The location was a little out of the way but the walk to Causeway Bay / Timnes Square was only around 10 minutes. We avoided using the shuttle bus, so can't comment on that. Instead we tended to use the fun little trams which were to be found a couple of minutes down the road. These run into the central area very frequently.

Breakfast was OK but a bit of a disappointment. There were some strange choices available on some days. Different forms of egg are available but don't expect to be asked what you would like by the rather abrupt staff. The choice does not compare to other hotels we have stayed at in Asia but certainly offered enough to fuel you up for the morning. Coffee was reasonable, via a machine.

The breakfast location was a rather tired and ugly bar area which could have done with a face-lift and a few more tables, there was often a few minutes wait to get in.

The 5th floor 'Breeze' area was pleasant, including free coffee / tea facilities. Despite this I do not think that residents shoudl have to go to this area or the lobby to access free wi-fi when paying this much for a room. I am sure that the manager is going to come on and say that it is free in rooms to those who book through the hotel website.....Mister, it should be free for all at your prices!

My main problem was the noise from the building work which is going on next door. It started at around 8am every morning and I am not exagerating when I state that you could not hear yourself think, let alone listen to the morning news on the TV. The whole room was vibrating as well. It's a good job that we spent the days oput of the hotel. The noise was also very noticable in the breakfast area. Not a nice alarm call....nobody warned us of this when we checked in. This was very disappointing!
I would seriously consider avoiding this hotel at present for this very reason. There appears to be a new hotel being built next door which is nowhere near completion, so I would expect this awful noise to continue for a good few months to come.

The elevators seemed to lack any logic in their programming and would tend to oscillate between the upper floors and then, apparently, stay on one floor for ages. Luckily we were only on the third floor so had to use the stairs a few times when we got tired of waiting. If you were on a higher floor or elderly / disalbled this could be an issue.

All in all a decent hotel at a reasonable (by Hong Kong standards) price. If you don't mind being a little off the "beaten track', and don't expect too much from breakfast, I would recommend it but not until the building work has stoppped!

Room Tip: Keep away from the lower floors and elevator side where the work is being done next door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
CosmoHotel, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time on sharing with us your previous stay at Cosmo Hotel. First of all, we are so glad to know that you had an wonderful stay at our spacious 2-bedroom suite measuring 83 sq. meters. With all nice facilities and amenities equipped in the well-appointed rooms, we always aim to provide our guests a hassle-free and comfortable stay with us. It’s also great to know that you found our front line staff professional and knowledgeable with professional trainings. Conveniently located between city centers Causeway Bay and Wan Chai, we intend to give our travelers a sense of oasis after a long busy day. Despite the fact that it takes only 8 minutes to reach Causeway Bay MTR station, our free shuttle bus could bring guests up to 15 destinations. Alternatively, many guests did find the public transports like trams and buses worth trying like you.
Thank you for your feedbacks towards our breakfast, we offers both eastern and western choices with delighting cook-to-order eggs to cater different guests’ needs. We will keep up improving on the food quality /variety and service standard to ensure every guests a good morning with us. Apart from our trendy and fashionable Nooch Bar located on the ground floor, which is transformed into a nice area for breakfast in the morning; the outdoor area at 5/F provides another choice for resting with free wifi and coffee. Making booking through our official website does not only guarantee free internet in room, but also free breakfast for most room types and a flexible check-in / out time. We hope you may check that out on your next return to optimize your stay with the widest range of exclusive benefits. We regret to learn your unpleasant experience due to the intermittent noise from construction work. We understand the possible inconvenience brought and therefore we have thoughtfully put notice in all guestrooms during the construction period for guests’ advanced planning on their itinerary. We trust that the waiting time of elevators have just been lengthened occasionally during your stay due to the high occupancy, appreciated your kind understanding on this. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for a better stay soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The hotel looks better in the picture. Actually the lobby is next to the breakfast place. I had an apartment, small but convenient. The draw back is a very poor internet connection, and a breakfast that changes everyday but not for the better. The best part of it, is the space on the fifth floor with wifi and coffee and fruits. People are nice but for the price I paid I would prefer to spend 50$ more and get a better place. It was quite expensive for what I got. I guess that since there was a show on maybe the price was so steep, I guess if i had paid $200 or less I would have considered it a better place. I agree with the fact that some personel was more efficient than others. But also thereis work going on next door of a new hotel I think and maybe it is did not contribute to quite night. Also the A/C is very noisy. The plus is that you can get to good restaurant or time square in less than 10 minutes walking. I cannot say i would not stay there, and I could not say I would recommend but a little improvement for the breakfast at all levels, wifi quality, and finally the noise of the A/C and it will gain in my books

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments. Cosmo hotel is always considered as a hip hotel with modern design offering comfortable accommodation at the same time. With 7 room categories sizing up to 83 square meters here, guests could always look for their most suitable room type according to own preferences and budgets. Conveniently located in Causeway Bay, it takes only 8 minutes to reach the closest subway station from hotel with lots of restaurants nearby. Alternatively, our free shuttle bus could also bring you up to 15 destinations. Understand the needs of international travelers, we offers 100MB high speed internet access in hotel public areas and our guest service team could always provide prompt assistance on internet connection problem. You could enjoy free wifi at guestrooms too by simply making reservations at hotel official site now. Thank you for your feedbacks towards our breakfast and we will keep improving on our food variety and quality. Although hotel prices are always dependent on different city-wide fairs and events, many of our guests have given us thumb ups as a “value for money” accommodation choice. It’s delightful to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and also the relaxation area on 5/F – Breeze great for getting online with coffee. We are regret to learn your unpleasant experience regarding noise issue, and we hope you had contacted our 24-hour on duty guest service managers for an immediate room change on the spot. We look forward to welcoming you back in the soon future!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 14 October 2012

When my friends and me decided on the hotel to stay during our trip, I totally hv no expectations on this hotel. It really turned out to b a great surprise to us as their front desk are really efficient and helpful, especially their manager on duty - Kelvin. The room is big and clean. And, they are quite flexible in meeting their guests request.

I'm really thankful to hv selected this hotel for my 4D3N trip to Hongkong. Haha!

• Stayed: October 2012