We stayed at the hotel for 3D2N. We booked the Superior room which cost about SGD$300+ per person. We requested for a room with a bathtub and late check-out as our flight was at 9.45pm.
Pros of the hotel:
1) The hotel has free Wi-Fi in every room and they also provided a mobile device of which travellers can use and bring along with them when they head out. You can access the Internet, social media websites, Google Maps etc. Definitely useful when you need to go around in a foreign country.
2) Their sister hotel, Cosmopolitan Hotel which is 2 blocks away, provides free shuttle bus services to 5 different locations which you can hop on. Bus schedules and routes are provided in the hotel room.
3) Hotel is situated about 10mins walking distance from Wan Chai MTR station. There are several eateries situated 5-10mins from the hotel.
4) Causeway Bay MTR station is about 15-20mins walking distance from hotel.
5) There's a bus stop located right outside the hotel. Bus 15 goes directly to The Peak attraction.
6) Superior room which we got was cosy and located on the 20th floor facing the main road with a good view of the city.
Cons of the hotel:
1) Room is cosy but bathroom was too small. The shower area was too small for my husband. We did not get a room with bathtub as we have requested before. Signs of wear and aging of furnitures are visible as well.
2) As hotel is rather small, it may get a little noisy at times. You can hear people along the corridor or noises from your next door neighbour frm your room that it may disrupt your sleep at night if you are a light sleeper.
3) Late check-outs are charged by the hour. As their checkout time is at 12pm, every additional hour that you requested for, it is charged at HKD$110/hr (inclusive of tax, etc). Latest checkout time is at 5pm and checkout aftr 6pm will be charged as a 1 night charges.
4) If you are looking for nightlife, this is NOT the hotel for you. It gets quiet after 10pm.
5) Customer service of the staff was just average especially for a 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A young and chic boutique hotel located amid the city centres of Causeway Bay and Wanchai, Cosmo Hotel is just 8-min walk away from the Causeway Bay subway station and provides free shuttle bus to 15 major destinations in town. All guestrooms boast modern design with theme colours in orange, green or yellow. Free smart phone is available in every room which allows guests to use unlimited 3G internet, Wi-Fi hotspot, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including UK, US, Australia, Singapore, China, Canada, Japan, Malaysia and Korea. The smart phone can be used both in and out of the hotel. Other facilities include Nooch Bar at the lobby and an outdoor patio Breeze on 5/F. Cosmo Hotel is 100% smoke-free and is one of the few EarthCheck's silver-certified green hotels in Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmo Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmo Hotel
- Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong