Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
US$182
Cordis Official
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$316
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$157
US$238
US$224
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$225
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
1,483 results
All reviewssister hotelwan chaicauseway bayhappy valley racecoursetimes squareshuttle busfree wifififth floorexecutive roomminute walkmobile phonerooms are smallshuttle servicefree callsbudget hotelgoogle mapsan upgrade
Reviewed 15 January 2010

At a relatively quiet location, suitable for people who like to stay far away from crowded streets / communities. 15 mins walk from the popular Causeway Bay, near Wan Chai, and the race-course. A hillside cemetery behind, a Sikh temple a few steps up the street, and also China's Xin Hua News Agency building beside it.

The room is very clean, well kept daily, and I am delighted with the fruits available daily and the free 3 or 4 bottles of mineral water every day.

On my first night, was a bit annoyed and frustrated that the next-door room guest is watching Tv with very loud volume even after midnight. Make a few complaints to the hotel manager via phone, but seems no action or warning was given to this selfish room guest. Eventually have to confront her personally by knocking on her door and asked her to lower the Tv volume down.

On my last day, I was on my way to the lift and prepared to check-out, I didn't realise that I have left my mobile phone still inside the room. Luckily the room-cleaner was already inside the room and he rushed out to ask me (about to enter the lift) whether I have left my phone behind. All thanks to him for his quick response to alert me.

Overall, a nice stay at this boutique hotel. Perhaps the only negative surprise was that the nearest MTR - Causeway Bay station, was not as short-distanced as the map shows. Entering through Times Square MTR entrance, I still need to walk quite a very long distance before reaching the platform. It would be much better to take a cab from the hotel to Lippo (Centre/Tower?) and take the MTR from there.

1  Thank Luke_Foong
Reviewed 28 December 2009

My sister and I stayed at Cosmo for 11 nights. We arrived at the hotel at around 12 am. We were informed that our room was upgraded to a superior room from a standard room. I appreciate the staff for doing this upgrade without our asking for it. My room has a street view which faced the front of the hotel (on the 12th floor). My room has 2 twin-size beds with down comforter and no unpleasant smell. Room size is small but typically for a room in Hong Kong Hotels unless you are willing to pay more. Restroom has a stand up shower, and provides some complimentary amenities such as toothbrushes, small toothpaste, shower cap, sanitary plastic bag, hand lotion, body wash and shampoo. I completed a survey with a service manager on my second night and received complimentary fruit every day after that. There is also 2 bottles of water free for guests every day. At one point I have 6 bottles of water in my room free of charge because I’ve asked for more. The manager also helped me made some copies free of charge. There is also a computer in the hotel lobby for hotel guests to use free of charge. Free wifi can be accessed in the lobby and 5th floor.

Location is not as convenient as nearby hotels but their shuttle service provided an excellent way to travel to different places. For instance, I went to Ngong Ping 360 by taking the hotel shuttle at the sister hotel (Cosmopolitan Hotel) to Hong Kong Station and then take the MTR on Tung Chung subway line to Ngong Ping 360. It is very convenient. Just ask the hotel staff for help if you have problems getting to different places. One warning – if the shuttle bus is full, you will have to wait for the next bus. Walking to Wan Chai is convenient and can be done in minutes if you know the short cut (use the stairway next to the dental hospital opposite the hotel). Walking about 1 min from the hotel, you will find a bus stop for bus 5S, 6A, 6X, 10, 10S, 76 and 90C. I did not eat at the hotel because there are plenty of eatery places on Wan Chai Road and nearby side streets. We ended our trip by taking the hotel shuttle bus to Hong Kong Station. The hotel concierge was helpful in carrying our luggage from Cosmo and wheeled them to Cosmopolitan. We checked in our luggage at the Hong Kong station which is very convenient because we have 3 checked luggages and 2 carry-on.

I have stayed at 3 other hotels in Hong Kong/Kowloon before, but I found this hotel the best. At USD 70 a night (airline ticket and hotel package), this hotel is a bargain and provides excellent customer services from the manager, front desk staffs and housekeeping. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Don't discontinue the shuttle service. It is an excellent service!!!

• Stayed: November 2009
3  Thank laminatorclam
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights recently, booked it after looking at their website.
We booked a executive studio or something, it had a little bedroom, and a little loungeroom, would have been much better if it was all open. Beds were comfortable and decor was funky. I found staff to be rather prudent, and unhelpful; except of course our roomkeeper mandy, who went out of her way to help us.

Breakfast was pretty good, but not fantastic. Shuttle buses from the Cosmopolitian were very handy. All you have to do is walk two blocks and you'll be in Causeway Bay, or two blocks the other way and you'll be in Wan Chai.

They talk the hotel up alot on their website, especially the Nooch Bar which was supposed to be "the most chic and happening bar in town". Their wasn't a soul there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday Night.

We had a view of a cemetry, but that would only bother the supistitious

Altogether it was a comfortable stay, that served us very well. I think you could find a better hotel though.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TiareTree
CosmoHotel, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2009

Thank you for your comments. As a boutique hotel to its core, while being design-led as you kindly complimented we also make every effort to ensure our service as personable. We apologize for this rare lapse of service and sincerely invite you to write to generalmanager@cosmohotel.com.hk with details of your encounter so that we can better address your concern and improve our service in the future.

The Nooch is well-renowned for its chic design and the creativity of its barmen. For these, not only has it made itself a popular after work hang-out spot but also the preferred party venue for a handful of the city’s exciting events, the Hong Kong International Film Festival and the Hong Kong Salsa Festival to name a few. Some of these events are even open to public, offering our guests a more then clubbing experience. We do wish that you may have the chance to participate in some should The Nooch’s event calendar fits into your next trip schedule. As for the view, Cosmo has different room types to feature different views, the view from your room overlooks a serene scene of a commemorative churchyard which has over a hundred years of history, and other options include the glittering Causeway Bay city skyline view which is equally impressive.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Cosmo was ok, we were in HK for a night last minute and we were looking for fun without huge costs. The Cosmo was clean and the staff were pleasant. The only negative about the room was we asked for non-smoking and we could definitely smell smoke but we were too tired to go through the hassle to change. The location is not great. About a 10-15 min to Times Square which is really the closest landmark to the hotel and no MTR or Tram station nearby so it was awkward to get around. It's on a very busy, fast corner so hard to get a taxi as well. Decent value for the hotel but poor location if you are looking to step out the door and walk to LKF/Soho/Times Square.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Although a non-smoking room is assigned upon guest’s request, sometimes smell of cigarette may still be detectable if the previous guest did smoke in a non-smoking room. To address your comment, our housekeepers are all briefed to refresh the room the same way as they refresh a smoking one. Regarding the hotel location, free shuttle bus service is available to Times Square which takes only 5 mins and departs the hotel at every 20 min-interval. Right on Cosmo’s doorstep are also various bus routes to Admiralty and Central, and you’ll find yourself right in the busiest and hippest LKF and Soho district in not more than 15 mins.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Cosmo for two weeks. I have family in HK and have stayed in many different hotels, but I found this one to be my favourite. My partner has never been to HK before and he was really pleased with the hotel, the service and the location. The only thing I will say about it is that the rooms are small (but perfectly formed) and if you are staying for a long time like us (two weeks) it can get a bit cramped. Saying that though we were only in the room to sleep so it was managable. Also the bar downstairs was really expensive, but again we only had one drink in there as there was an impromptu thunder storm that we were waiting out before heading out of the hotel!

Our cleaner was called Mandy and we found her to be so friendly and sweet, our room was always spotless after she'd been and she'd leave us plenty of complimentary fruit and water everyday which was a real bonus!
Some people have mentioned the cemetary. It is true, the hotel does back on to a cemetary, which we had a view of, but this never bothered us. It is an old Jewish cemetary and actually quite beautiful! It didn't put us off one bit.

The location is fab, close to Times Square and the Jockey club. There is a free shuttle bus to the MTR in Times Square from the Cosmopolitan Hotel next door (literally 20 metres away). The price was also really good, I have stayed in plenty of hotels on HK island and they have been a lot pricier than the Cosmo, for shorter stays. The hotel is clean, fresh, modern and a bargain!
Overall our stay was great, and we have just booked to stay for 10 days next May 2010, again for a real bargain price!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple