So I have been up and back to HKG and consequently the Novotel regularly for about a year, therefore plenty of opportunities to try something different if I had the urge, but "why"?
What can I say... staff is fantastic (efficient, friendly, works to get things right), rooms are very comfortable & functional, most look out to the green hills (rather than the concrete jungle downtown), location is convenient.
The "executive" rooms/floor are actually good deal (even vs. the regular rooms if you know how to use it): free internet, Nespress machine, get your pressing done, shoes shined, a few complimentary cocktails & snacks in the upstairs lounge, breakfast, etc. In the end you can quickly catch up the difference.
Otherwise there is always the outlet mall, movies nearby, Starbucks, MTR station that can take you direct into downtown Hong Kong/Central. All and all very well rounded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only airport hotel in Hong Kong with city convenience, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate is just 5 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. With direct access to MTR, it takes only 30 minutes to the city centre and Hong Kong Disneyland is 2 stops away. Enjoy spectacular views from the Ngong Ping Cable Car and discover bargain shopping at Citygate Outlets, both are at the doorstep. Features meeting facilities, two restaurants, a bar, a 24-hour gym and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Citygate Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Accor Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Novotel