I am just completing a week-long stay here and for the most part things have been ok. My room on the 11th. Floor is clean and comfortable but looking a little old.
When it comes to food and drink things are not quite so good.
Breakfasts are fine, excellent in fact. The food I had delivered as room service was not.
The Italian Panini is one of the meanest, most miserable sandwiches I have ever had anywhere.
The Breakfast Burger was generous but what a peculiar taste. Not nice at all.
Same with the Texas BBQ pizza which arrived looking like an over-sized burnt crisp piece of cardboard covered in totally unidentifiable incinerated pieces of junk. It's "flavour" once you had gotten past the carbon was just awful. It was a larger version of the "nan bread" which came, at ridiculous (HK$40) cost to accompany the Madras Fat and Gristle Curry.
Eventually I just gave up and are elsewhere.
The Lobby Bar is one of the most unwelcoming I have ever been in. The two staff in black uniforms were fine, the other girl was a total misery and the hotels idea of "Happy Hour" is equally miserable. Stay here and relax but eat and drink anywhere else once breakfast is over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only airport hotel in Hong Kong with city convenience, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate is just 5 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. With direct access to MTR, it takes only 30 minutes to the city centre and Hong Kong Disneyland is 2 stops away. Enjoy spectacular views from the Ngong Ping Cable Car and discover bargain shopping at Citygate Outlets, both are at the doorstep. Features meeting facilities, two restaurants, a bar, a 24-hour gym and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Citygate Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Accor Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Novotel