“Nice hotel, good location, helpful staff”

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
Ranked #54 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night to catch the flight next day to London.

The location is ideal if you are stopping by Hong Kong to catch your onward flight - it takes 5 mins (sharp) to get to/from HK international airport and free shuttle buses are handy. Because of the location we were not worried about traffic etc. We had a good night's sleep and no rush at all. We went to the airport the next day fully recharged and refreshed.

Room on 19th floor, view is good. Good sized room and clean. Furnishings are slightly worn but acceptable. It is good standard throughout for a 4-star hotel.

Hotel is attached to Citygate Outlet Shopping Complex, so there is somewhere you can wonder around for a meal, a coffee, some shopping or even a movie. It is quite casual so if you are in for serious shopping you still need to go to HK's main shopping places, not here.

Buffet etc is slightly overpriced I think, but is convenient.

Overall it is on the good side for 4-star hotels and definitely ideal for flight transfers.

Stayed July 2014
Melbourne
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I arrived at Novotel Cittygate to be pleasantly surprised by early checkin. After a sleepless night on a plane it was most welcome. The room was as I requested, quiet and non-smoking and very comfortable. The staff are the epitome of efficiency, pre-empting my checkout as I needed to catch the early shuttle from the hotel to the airport - another fantastic service. I stayed here twice in two weeks and both times I was not disappointed. I loved the food offerings in the hotel as well and would go back. Highly recommended. The fact that the hotel sits within the Citygate shopping complex is another plus. I could buy anything I needed within a short walk. I also did the Ngong Ping 360 tour on the cable car up to Giant Buddha - another review. A big shoutout to all the management staff for following up on feedback given as well. I am very impressed and would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly for its proximity to the airport, its facilities, its ease of access to the city of Hong Kong and Kowloon by public transport and taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view - most relaxing and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really can feel they are happy to serve you. I booked the hotel for my wedding banquet. The hotel help me prepared everything well, and allow my hotel room have late check out till 4 pm, let me have enough time to pack after my lunch wedding banquet. I love this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Malibu, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I made a business trip to the bustling city of Hong Kong and stayed at this hotel. This place did not disappoint. The rooms are clean (albeit, a tiny bit bland), the hotel crew are efficient and helpful, the location is fantastic, as I needed to be near the airport. This is by far one of the best Novotels I have stayed in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were not impressed with this hotel. Service, food and rooms were all average, at best. The hallways smelled of mold, which always worries me. The staff had no idea about what specials were on offer for F&B at the hotel so we skipped the restaurants and ate in the adjacent mall instead,

The only positive thing we can say about this hotel is that it is located adjacent to a decent mall with many shopping and restaurant choices including a grocery store. Good transportation to and from the Airport.

We've stayed at the Sky City Marriott on several occasions and like it way better.

WiFi was free in the lobby but you have to pay for it in the rooms. It was expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelCitygate, General Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear HKloban

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Novotel Citygate and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I thank you for sharing our wonderful location with readers. Novotel Citygate is the only Airport Hotel with city convenience located 5 minutes’ drive from Hong Kong International Airport, yet connected to down town Hong Kong via the MTR in Tung Chung and Citygate Outlet Mall.

It is disappointing to hear that you were not very impressed with the service or facilities and that you found them to be average at best. Thank you for providing your feedback in regards to odor issues you found on your guest floor corridor, we will certainly pay greater attention to better control the effects of a very hot and humid summer in Hong Kong.

In regards to internet, as you mentioned free Wi-Fi is available in the Lobby and Restaurants, as well as to guests staying in our Premier Floor rooms; it is also free to all guests who join Accor’s loyalty program Le Club and book through Accor or Novotel’s website direct with the hotel.

I do hope you consider to stay with us when you are next in Hong Kong.

Yours sincerely