“地点极佳,相当舒适 / Great location and Comfortable.”

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
Ranked #54 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Switzerland
“地点极佳,相当舒适 / Great location and Comfortable.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

位于香港机场,迪士尼乐园,昂坪360以及东荟名店仓,地点极佳。柜台服务员缺乏笑容,但整体态度还行。客房设计时尚,清洁舒适,有提拱沐浴用品和Nespresso咖啡机。
房间可以看到东涌缆车,海㬌或山景。

Excellent Location at center of Hong Kong Airport, Disneyland, Ngong Ping 360 and Tung Chung Citygate Outlet. Check-in staff is lack of smiles, but overall quality of service is OK.
Guest room are modern renovated, clean and comfortable, toiletries and Nespresso coffee machine are provided. Tung Chung cable car, sea views or mountain views are seen from guest room.

Room Tip: Booking made at non Hotel's web site are not eligible for any reward points.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tfoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here twice on one night stop overs between Australia and the UK in April and May 2014.

We chose the Novotel as we wanted somewhere near the airport, this was perfect, and the free hotel shuttle bus that runs every 15 mins direct between the airport and the hotel was awesome.

The location in general is great, there is an MRT station nearby to get you to other places, although we did not have time, there is something like an upmarket discount shopping mall attached to the hotel which was good to explore for some extra shopping needs, and also nearby is the cable car to the Big Bhudda. We were also able to organise a slightly later checkout at no charge which was greatly appreciated.

The hotel overall was great, it is a Novotel, so standards are generally high, and this was a modern, new style hotel with everything we needed.

The rooms we had were reasonably sized with everything we needed and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We had free Wifi included as part of our offer and for breakfast just strolled up to the nearby mall and grabbed some food.

We had relaxing drinks in the bar one time, and also had dinner in their formal restaurant, where we had an awesome meal.

We didn’t get a chance to use the pool area, but it looked very nice.

All up our two x one night stays were great, would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 August 2014

With taxi from airport paid 50HKD
Great hotel with very nice staff, check in efficient, beautiful room.
Executive floor is great with nice lounge and view.
Hotel is beside shopping mall, from lobby you can enter this.
Also a metro station is there.
If you like a quiet place and easy access to the city this is it.
Hope too come again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Cape Schanck, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel via the complimentary shuttle bus from the airport.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles from happy staff.
Our room was beautiful with every amenity, including an espresso coffee machine mmmmm!
We loved it so much we've booked again for the night before we fly home back to Australia.
Having the outlet mall in the same building is a real bonus. Breakfast at the buffet was include in our room rate, it was a good as you get.
The management is to commended on the staff training. One of the best Novotel hotels that we have stayed at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For Visa purposes I had booked only a one night stay here as it provided a free shuttle to and from the airport and was only a 10 minute commute.

First of all it is very expensive compared to other Novotel’s I have stayed at. Upon arrival I handed over my booking voucher as I had made this booking at a travel agency where my flights were also arranged. I was told they could not find my booking, I supplied as much information as I could including the name of the travel agency and the specific date it was booked and after an extended period of time it was found. Because of the troubles I was given a room upgrade but I am unsure of what extra I really got.

I was told because I made the reservation through a travel agency they could not give me the points on my Accor loyalty card – not sure why and they gave no reasoning.

The room itself is weirdly designed meaning the TV sits on the window ledge in front of the bed, other than this it is very clean with a great view; the rooms are also very quiet. I struggled to find the air-conditioner control as the room was set to 22 degrees, it wasn’t in a very visible area – on the wall attached to the bathroom but no the side near the door.
The bed was extremely comfortable compared to other Chinese hotels – the softest I have come across actually.

The shower was freezing – no hot water at all (I did let it run for a considerable amount of time)
One good thing is the hotel is attached to the outlet mall so you can spend some time roaming the mall (everything was way too expensive for me).

The hotel provided an extensive range of room service options – I ordered breakfast by leaving my order hanging on my door at approximately 4pm however it was never picked up and when I awoke at 5am I found my breakfast order still on the door and well I didn’t get any breakfast. This was a letdown and I just ended up having McDonalds at the Airport.

Other than what I have mentioned above it is a very comfortable room for a one night stay to refresh yourself for another flight.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool side have a great view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Accajade
NovotelCitygate, General Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Accajade

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us at Novotel Citygate, it is much appreciated.

I would like to first apologize for any delay in the check in process, regardless for the reason or fault, it certainly does not make for the best first impressions.

I am happy that the team upgraded your room as a courtesy for the delay, the room you describe with the television on the ledge are one of our largest Premier Rooms, just below our suite category.

May I also take this opportunity to apologize for any confusion with the breakfast order, perhaps I can suggest if you need a very early departure that you call and order through our 24 hour room service or enjoy our complimentary light breakfast served from 4am daily in our Lobby Lounge Andante.

Accor, like all hotel groups likes to reward its loyal customers who book via Accor or the hotels websites directly, or through the hotels call centers. Le Club points and associated benefits can only be redeemed, used or benefits used when booking directly with the hotel. I am afraid no Accor property worldwide is able to provide you with loyalty points or Le Club benefits when booking through a third party company, website or agency.

In regards to our pricing, as previously described, our dynamic pricing is based on simple demand and supply rationale; if there is a high demand for rooms, as the number of rooms decreases the rate increases and vice versa.

As a Le Club member, may I encourage you to book during Sale events, available only to our loyal customers like yourself directly with the hotel to enjoy discounted rates and gain all the benefits associated with Le Club for any future stay at an Accor hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I am happy that it appears on the whole you had a good night’s sleep and stay with us.

Yours sincerely

Nicholas Cullum
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in Novotel Citygate for 3 nights on a business trip. I chose this place as stayed there several times before on holidays, last time 4 years ago.

Rooms: Stayed in a superior room. Definately had a better impression in my mind from the last times staying here. The room feels a bit outdated + mold smell. There was dust and hair on several spots. Also the toilet showed stains from a previous guests. The carpet has a 70s feel.
It is not a really bad room, but very average and for the price paid you would expect better.

Premises: Relaxed atmosphere, nice and clean.

Reception: All were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast: Breakfast buffet was very standard. No fresh pressed fruit juice, that was a real let down. Small selection lf fruits. For the rest they have good stuff.

Location: very good location! About 5-10 minutes from the airport. Free shuttle buss provided. I was in a hurry and took a taxi, costs 50HKD. Citygate outlets adjecent the hotel. Not that good bargaining, but fun shopping + foodcourt. Tung Chung MTR in the mall. About 30 min to Central. Ngong Ping cable car right next door (recommended!).

The good location (MTR, airport, Citygate Outlets, Ngong Ping is a real plus. However, I paid approx. 185 Euros a night and for this money, the hotel is overpriced and you can get better options in Hong Kong city centre.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helsinki1972
Dear Helsinki1972

Thank you for your report on your most recent stay and your continued patronage at Novotel Citygate.

I would like to apologize for the Housekeeping not being up to standard, this is most regrettable and I do hope this did not mar your overall stay.

The hotel is just over eight years old and last year we replaced all guest room carpets, our preventative maintenance program is also strictly administered; however it appears our lack of attention to cleaning detail has unfortunately let you down.

Thank you for highlighting our wonderful location, airport convenience with downtown connectivity; with access to all of Lantau’s attractions, Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car, Disneyland and Citygate Outlet Mall.

Our pricing at Novotel Citygate like all Accor hotels worldwide is based on dynamic pricing, which simply equates to demand and supply conditions within the market. If the demand is high, our pricing would be reflected in higher prices and lower demand in lower prices.

Thank you once again for providing this very constructive feedback and I do hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Yours sincerely