“The best hotel ever”

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
Ranked #56 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This is a fantastic hotel. Yes it is a little out of the main area of Hong Kong but with Hong Kong's great public transport you are right in the centre of Kowloon within 20 minutes. The Trains are a lovely 2 minute walk from the hotel. Little Buddha attraction is also 2 minutes walk away. The rooms are very spacious and luxurious with the high end amenities. Great restaurants and bars on the ground floor. The staff - what can I say but honestly the most friendly, helpful, patient, curtious and happy staff I have seen in a very long time. I am constantly travelling with work and my Husband and I were visiting this hotel at the end of our around the world honeymoon. This was the 14 hotel we had stayed at in just over a month. I cannot rave enough about this hotel but to say we had such a great end to our honeymoon and were spoilt. Thank-you thank-you thank-you

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

Reviewed 4 April 2010

Stayed two nights on our trip to Australia (stopover from Amsterdam). Convenient free shuttle service from and to airport (10 minute drive). Great rooms. Book a room on executive floor. Not that much more expensive, but nice view, quiet, afternoon tea and bits and free internet (to check-in you next flight :-). Buses, underground and gondola only a few minutes away to visit the city, Disney, Big Buddha etc. Why stay in the crowded city when you have this alternative?

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Have stayed here a few times. Overall, the rooms are clean with sufficient space for me to unpack & repack my luggage. Hotel reception staff is very attentive and helpful. The hotel provides free airport to/from hotel shuttle service. This is very convenient when you're stopping over in Hong Kong to UK & Europe, especially when you have a very early morning connecting flight. Buffet breakfast at the restaurant includes a few "yum cha" dishes which is great if you don't feel like the usual bacon & eggs and cereal etc. The hotel complex connects to a shopping centre, so if the weather is not nice, you could always wander over to do some shopping. Hotel is close to "Tung Chung" metro station where could catch a train to city centre.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank RealTimeTraveller
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is not the first time i have stayed at City Gate. Whilst not the most convenient hotel for the city centre i keep going back due to the friendliness of the staff, the unusualness of the rooms and the excellent dining. On this occassion the mousaka in the Italian Restaurant was the best i have ever tasted- i urge you to try it next time you are there!! Two minor problems in the room (safe not working & a constantly running cistern in the loo) were sorted immediately and without question.
I look forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I went to Hong Kong for one thing and that was for rest , upon arriving at my hotel I was treat my they was glad that I was there,they got me check in to my room the room was very nice, thought it could be bigger, but that just me, the room service was very good, as far as understanding you and getting you your food to you. I thought the menu could been better with more to select from,The house keeping dept was a blast thanks to Ms. Amy, she went beyond the call of service, I ask for ice and for the rest of smy time there she didn't miss a day that I had ice, without asking , its the little things that we remember, not to mention the chocolates at night, this happen for 12 days.The rest of the hotel was great , the morning breakfast buffet, the wireless internet in the room, the selection of channels to watch on Tv . for business or lesurie I recommend this hotel , my only thing that it was a little far fron central of Hong kong, but I did go for rest and that what I did.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2010

i did appreciate this hotel ,great service,a room was big ,confortable,with style
i will be back very soon

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2010

The hotel is very clean n modern. I'm impressed with the standard of the hotel. It is very convenient if you want to go Disneyland and the Giant Buddah. As we spend our days at both places, to travel back to Kowloon would take about 45 mins so this is a better choice. The connecting mall is great for shopping! The free shuttle bus to the Airport makes my whole trip complete. I'll recommend this hotel to my friends.
VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!