“Friendly Place”
Review of Alisan Guest House

Alisan Guest House
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed for 8 nights. My room was cleaned everyday. Service was good and the counter guys always smile. Stayed at the triple room. Kinda small but cosy. Enough for 3 of us to chill and eat instant noodles every night as Hot water is only like 3 meters away from my room. Wifi connection is awesome too. Unbeatable price, easy booking. Easy access to the train, Causeway bay which is 3 minutes away. Recommended place!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Khidir

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Reading previous reviews (including one mentioned in an older edition of Lonely Planet), it seems that things have gone downhill in terms of amenities. Stayed in a double twin bed room on the 4th floor, had ants that attacked my backpack. Wireless worked only briefly, then stopped working all night. Stayed in a single room the following night (which they took longer than expected to clean), which had an airconditioning that would not cool; I suspect the AC was out of coolant. Tried to have the desk help me out with the AC, but he was unable to come up with a working remedy. Internet did work this time (hence I was able to post the review). Thankfully staff are still friendly. In a great location (causeway bay) and with reasonable rates, but they need to step up their maintenance to live up to other reviews.

Room Tip: single rooms are small
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank E L
Reviewed 17 March 2012

They clean the room everyday, the internet connection is good, located in causeway bay just five minute from causeway bay MTR station. surrounding by a lot of shopping center.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I've stayed here earlier this week as a solo backpacker checked in one of their single rooms.

Pros: Causeway Bay is pretty nice especially at night when all the neon lights come out. It is close to exit D1 of the MTR. Winda and the owners have been very helpful starting from the reservation up to checking out. If taking the airport express, you can opt to be dropped off and picked up from the nearby Excelsior. Price is totally unbeatable especially when I've seen similar accomodation at Chungking Mansions which cost more and are a bit dready.

Cons: Shower was hard to mix with the hot and cold controls. There was some kind of newspaper snuck in some kind of a hole where a lamp used to be which kinda ruined my reflective mood while staying at the ceiling. Tv wasnt working but they replaced it after being reported. Wifi wasnt working on my last night of stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I happened to arrive in HK airport without reservation for hotel/hostel. During the morning i came across several hotels and they scared me off eith the so called "walk in prices".
Suddenly i came across Alisan Guest House in Causeway Bay, on my small nokia phone screen with internet for this emergency.
I gave it a show and called the number. This very friendly lady picked up the phone (windr) and guided this lost tourist to ALISAN.
The Manager welcomed me very friendly, asked about my stay and offered a few rooms to serve my needs. He also managed to get me very good roomprices i didnt felt ripped off. As helpful as he was he introduced the local scene to me for easy getting around. 5 minutes of effective communication got me started my holiday with no stress.

Ok the room is small for european standards. But this is HongKong. I can say Alisan is very good located (safe, center of shopping location, 24h shops, 2 minutes walking distance MTR station) for what Alisan has to offer, the price is cheap. Friendly staff have been so helpful, that i was about to tip them.

Thanks Wilson and Winder! You know you did a good job. I enjoyed my stay. Hope to see you in my next trip to HongKong.

Room Tip: Double room will get close to paris ibis hotel quality.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank HollandboyAmterdam
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I will score as excellent, if the bathroom is managed well. Bathroom is too small and not separated between toilet and shower. But room is very clean, good service, safety is very good, location in causeway bay area is excellent. We stayed in a guesthouse in Mirador mansion, tsim sha shui area, it was very scarry, unsafe, and dirty. But this Alisan guest house is very much better. But to be honest, the price is a bit expensive and must pay 100% is really pain in the a... If you're with family, better to take the family room which can be occupied by 4-5 people with extra charge.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Jeffsboxing
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Disgusting Rooms and Service do NOT stay there!
Hong Kong is an amazing place to travel.But having a bad experience from the start will ruin everything.
Don't be cheap..hotels are expensive in Hong Kong ,but the city worth all the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends