Alisan Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hong Kong
See available hotels
Tianjin Hotel(Hong Kong)
    Good 3.5/5
      • Restaurant
        Good 3.5/5
        Studios HK(Hong Kong)
        Average 3/5
          Hong Kong Hostel(Hong Kong)
          Average 3/5
          Chung Kiu Inn(Hong Kong)
          Great 4.5/5
          • Restaurant
          Move Inn(Hong Kong)
          View Hotel
          See what travellers are saying:
          FilterAll languages
          Reviewed 8 March 2010

Due to the former reviews, there isnt much to correct.
          Sure, search the website and you will see it’s a budget place: so what do you expect, golden doorhandles, pages, sedan chairs???
          And for that everything is very good.
          From the airport better take the free bus H2!! Stops next to the excelsior hotel. Shorter way.
          All the important administration offices are close to alisan and a MTR-station.
          Tommy provides a selfmade map of the aera.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
          1  Thank herb59
          Reviewed 28 January 2010

I now Love Hong Kong. I spent a week there in August 2009, on my way into the PRC, and another week on the way home in November 2009, and both times I stayed at the Alisan Guest House http://www.alisanguesthouse.com. They even gave me the same room both times and let me leave some of my things there to pick up on my return trip.
          It was my first time in Hong Kong, and I had a great time. A large part of that was my lucky decision to stay at the Alisan. It was easy to get to from the Airport; I just took a City Bus A11 and it brought me right there. It is located in Causeway Bay with all the shopping, both high end and bargain, that anyone could want. There is an English speaking movie theatre nearby, banks, restaurants, and all the street life I could want. It was near Victoria Park, and the great new public library. There were several churches within walking distance. Like I say, I love Hong Kong.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
          1  Thank 9roche
          Reviewed 20 January 2010

Expect small rooms in Hong Kong, almost laughably so. At this price, it is inevitable.
          But this hotel offers a brilliant location, short walk from Times Square, adjacent to Causeway.
          This is a safe, safe locality, with bustling streets of small cafes & shops.

Very, very friendly & helpful staff, warm welcome.

We had a room on the harbour side with a view on 3rd floor, some road noise (Gloucester Road) and single glazing. Other rooms on 3rd floor didn't have the view, or as much road noise. If you opt for 4th floor, no harbour view but on a quiet street, or 5th floor has (some rooms) harbour view and double glazing.
          I'm not making a big thigg of the road noise, this is a city which hardly sleeps, we were happy enough in our room.

Big bonus, fridge/freezer, kettle & microwave in the corridor outside the room.

Wifi ok but strongest on 4th floor, management gave us a key to access that floor to get better reception.

The Number A11 bus comes straight from the ariport to Causeway, and leaves from just near the hotel doorway to take you back again; that's the cheapest & simplest way to/from the airport. A tad slower than a train, a walk, another bus but cheaper & more interesting in daylight.

The hotel kept our bags while we waited for an evening flight, and did everything to make our stay friendly & comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
          Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed here for three nights at the end of a month backpacking around China. After reading good reviews in guide books and from this site we thought it would be an OK place to stay but it just wasn't. Although the staff were quite friendly and helpful this just wasn't enough to compensate for the room. It was really clean but way too small and because it was tiled it felt like we were sleeping in a bathroom. The bathroom itself was tiny. It was a disappointing way to finish our trip and was really quite uncomfortable. As someone else suggested it is only OK if you want to leave very early and come back very late. The room was cleaned daily and the airconditioner worked which was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
          1  Thank AustraliaJam
          Reviewed 14 September 2009

I am an American living in China and I had to go on my first 'VISA run' to Hong Kong in June, 2009. A friend recommended that I check out the Alisan Guest House. I did and it was a welcome find!

Hong Kong is an expensive place and the Alisan Guest House is certainly 'affordable' at just $300KH per night. It is centrally located in Causeway Bay which is a great starting point for Hong Kong exploration.

But the best part of the Alisan Guest House was the extroadiary service given to me by Tommy Hu and his staff. Tommy can help you get your paperwork done for you and you don't even have to spend anytime time at the Embassy dealing with paperwork. Get the paperwork to him by 3:15 and you'll have your visa next day. I did it this way, and was FREE to spend my short stay in Hong Kong exploring this exciting city.

Although the rooms are small, and mine lacked a window, that's okay, because who wants to stay in their hotel room when you are in fabulous Hong Kong anyway. It was air conditioned and that was the most important thing since I was visiting in June.

It's not a building that makes a hotel - it's the service and I could not say enough about the friendly and efficient service that was given to me by Tommy Hu and his staff, making my chire an easy one and my trip a memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business