“A Hidden Gem in Causeway”
Review of Alisan Guest House

Alisan Guest House
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The thing about Hong Kong is that it has the one of the most expensive spaces in the world. For budget tight travellers whose purpose is to have a decent place to stay, sleep, shower, and leave your things, then Alisan Guesthouse is for you. There are a few reasons why this should be considered.

LOCATION AND PURPOSE. Causeway Bay is a haven for shopping lovers. Malls such as Sogo, and Times Square are walking distance from Alisan Guesthouse. Restaurants flourish in every corner as well as Seven-Elevens (7-11). Instead of spending more on your hotel room, one can allocate the budget to more shopping! Plus, the MTR is nearby and connects you to the rest of HK.

PRICE. Very afforadable. REALLY. Compared to the leading hotels, this one is on the budget that will not compromise your safety and security.

BASIC AMENITIES. It has the basic amenities which included Free WIFI, television, housekeeping everyday, private toilet facilities (small but manageable), refrigerator and microwave in the common lobby, airconditioned rooms and round the clock drinking water (which saved us a great deal since drinking water is relatively pricey in HK). The lifts however are a little scary esp. for claustrophobics, but that too is also manageable.

SERVICE. But what made my stay so memorable was the hospitality and genial service Wilson and Isabel provided. They have provided so many tips on where to eat, where to go to, and even offered the guesthouse as luggage lockers after check-out and as we made final shopping. Wilson also has a good command in English which for non-Chinese speaking people would be sure to appreciate.

My first time in HK was made memorable with the help of Alisan, and never regretted my decision of staying there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nicolo1209

Reviewed 5 June 2010

I just left Alisan Guest house for Australia ( approx 6 hours ago) & am missing everyone back there already! This small but cosy guest house is definitely one in a million. Alisan guesthouse provides free internet service, daily house keeping and, most importantly, the company of incredible staff! :) Special thanks to the staff especially Isabel and Wilson for making it a memorable stay. I'll definitely choose Alisan guesthouse again if i were to visit Hong Kong. Go for Alisan guesthouse, for their awesome service will certainly leave an impression! Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I've just spent a wonderful month in Hong Kong and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay than at Alisan Guest House in Causeway Bay, HK Island. The bi-lingual staff are very friendly, they made me feel very welcome and were helpful to assist with all my enquiries about the Island. The rooms are reasonably priced, spacious for HK on a mid-range budget and serviced every day. The Guest House is perfectly located between the large shopping area and the Bay itself. All public transport to the rest of the Island are conveniently situated nearby and Victoria Park is only a few minutes walk away. The three main areas in North HK Island are Central, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. I would say that Causeway Bay is the best area to be based in for both public space and all your daily requirements. Next time I go to HK, I will certainly choose to stay at Alisan Guest House again. A most enjoyable stay.

Steve.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Hi,
Alisan Guest House is situated in the heart of city. My Room was on 3rd floor and it was very nice. It was Safe, Clean and in Budget. Al tough Microwave was not working and wifi was very weak at my floor so they gave me key to 4th floor where we can access internet and micorwave at any point of time.Staff was very cooperative, I would like to give special thanks to the services provided by Tommy and Wilson. They guided me at each and every step like from where I can have Indian food and go for shopping. They give me maps to keep them handy.

Supriya Bedi
TL Technical Support Department, Kayako Inc
www.kayako.com | supriya.bedi@kayako.com

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Stayed for one night with my gf. The service was great, Wilson (the guy that works there) speaks very good english, everybody is very friendly. The location of this place is very good as well - but its a little bit further away from the MTR than the other hostels, that are located strait at the Causeway Bay MTR exits.
+ I was charged 450 HKD for one night, against the 350 I would pay in the hostels closer to the MTR (I didnt go there because unfortunately they were full)
So taking in account that the rooms are the same in any hostel in this area - this one is more expencive.
Although the staff was very friendly and helpful, I think if will get to decide again - ill pick another place

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Its very nice and clean place for stay, Our stay was good, Staff is very supportive, Specially Mr. Tommy Ho, Owner is very helpfull for any kind of information, Rooms are little bit small, but in hongkong its normal, very close to Hotel Execlior, Causeway Bay, surronding this Guest House you can find all big brands malls, privacy is there. overall very good. UMESH, INDIA.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2010

It seemed that the owners had tried to squeeze a bit too much into a small space here and the rooms were so small with a corner reserved for a joint toilet/shower area. However, the room was comfortable enough once we got our bags out of the way and had room to move around.

The location is excellent and close to the MTR making exploring the city really easy. The staff were really friendly and helpful and helped us to change our reservation when we decided to pop across to Macau for a night and stay a couple of extra nights, too.

Would recommend but don't bring the kitchen sink with you!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple