“Good location, convenience, good room-services”

Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei
Ranked #290 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel locate in the good location where is easy to find. Good room service, the room always keep clean. If you are the shopaholic guys, there are a lot of stores there. Many restaurants can easy to find at the front of hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Pongrat149
BTHHK, Marketing asistant at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location.

Crystal M.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Standart rooms here have all basic necessities cramped into extremely small area. Good choice for solo budget traveler, but I can not imagine two persons in such a room.
Location is very good - near MTR, market, lots of shop and small food outlets.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tim W
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel location.
We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success. Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

it has been a while since my stay at this hotel back in 2010, me and my wife are STILL TRAUMATISED by the size of the room in this hotel, and I thought I should share this with others as well. I have simply rated everything average as I do not wish to go into the details and also it has been a while since my stay in this hotel back in 2010, but I rated overall terrible SIMPLY DUE TO THE SIZE OF THE ROOM.

I was born and raised in Hong Kong but currently living in overseas, I am quite used to with the small size space offered in Hong Kong apartment, but this has SHOCKED me as you really have to squeeze yourself into the room with no space at all to move around.

The room size is probably around the size of standard room in Hong Kong apartment, but you have got no living room and other space to move around, which make this really a cage/jail size room or whatever people have been mentioning in their feedback. It would probably have been better if they only put a single bed in this tiny room which at least give you a small area to open up a full size luggage (we were already struggling to open up our hand carry luggages where we have to put them onto the bed as there wan't space for me to even bend down)

if you are not used to with a tiny small space, then you will likely to struggle staying in this hotel. You get what you paid for, but if I have been given a second chance, I would pay more to avoid the stress. it might be fine for single traveller who spend minimum time in the hotel room, but probably still worst then backpacker accommodation as even backpacker accommodation has space to move around.

To Hotel:
Lastly, I do not expect a response from hotel as I have rated everything average and have nothing against them. The size of room is a genuine feedback and I would appreciate a response ONLY BE GIVEN by HOTEL if they can do something about it. else please don't bother responding.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Siu w
Reviewed 12 December 2013

You have read good reviews from this hotel were all about location.
I agree with that. It's located just a short walk from Yau Ma Tei MTR exit C. With bonus: various street food stalls and night markets nearby.

But what I emphasize now is about SIZE:
I chose this hotel because of some mediocre to good reviews both in Agoda and Tripadvisor.
I could understand that hotel rooms in Hong Kong must be smaller than those in Singapore or Bangkok.
But I couldn't understand how they stated in Agoda that standard double room had 13 m2, while in fact it's only 7,3 m2? Yes, i spent some minutes to literally measure every corner of the room.
Double bed was only 120x180cm. And it's a traditional HARD bed!
And the shower room: 80x120cm. Your toilette is there, too. And don't forget that tiny hand basin. I agreed with an older review that you have to be a contortionist to use the shower.
NB: we stayed in room 23A and 26A. There were only 3 rooms in each floor.

Now about some "hospitality":
Again, i chose this hotel because its a 3 stars hotel. And I read that Ms Cherry Chow seemed so friendly for replying almost all reviews in Tripadvisor. So I thought the staffs should be nice too.
But I was wrong! I meet 3 receptionist during my stay. They should learn how to behave like a real 3 stars hotel receptionist. They acted more like a cashier. And during my check out, a receptionist was not willing to help us to find a taxi.

I rated "Terrible" mostly because of that misleading info in Agoda. Please inform that each room has only 7,3m2 and 120x180cm for double bed.
In hotel's website itself, the pictures are deceiving. And no information about room sizes either.
I felt ashamed because I recommended this hotel to my friends, just based on former reviews and that misleading room size ads.

For the same price, you can find a much better hotel elsewhere in Mongkok.
Clue: find a 4-stars hotel with free shuttle service.

Room Tip: Lower floors for faster access, higher floors for quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank OneXaverio
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Bridal Tea House, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence.

The staffs are being briefed and trained to appropriately assist guests in term of concierge service as well as in case of any emergency. The management of the hotel has now on a rotation duty to look after guest on a 24 hours basis.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns as it allows us to see our flaws and we trust that the measures we have taken had resolved the issues. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Location:
Within 1 block of Yau Ma Tei MTR station and Nathan Road shopping district. Local streets come alive at night with night markets and street food. One of Hong Kong's best clay pot rice restaurants is just next door - try the deep fried oyster cakes there!

Room:
Tiny - fits a double bed and barely any luggage (approx 8 ft by 8ft). Bathroom is approximately 2.5ft by 6 ft. You have to be a contortionist to fit on the toilet or get into the shower. Room and bathroom looks dirty and in need of some repair. Bring your own sanitary wipes if you are at all concerned about cleanliness. Walls are paper thin and you can hear noise from your neighbours as well as the street all night long. Bed is HARD (not firm but HARD)! One reviewer complained about the light but the windows have roll down blinds as well as shades so its not too bad. Ventilation is poor and hot water in shower runs out quickly.

Ammenities:
2 bottles of water, wifi, local calls, toothbrush/paste, slippers, and free breakfast. Breakfast buffet includes: juice, coffee, tea, bread, jams, soup, congee, boiled egg, cappucino machine, ham, wieners, cooked cabbage, vermicelli, baked beans, chinese pancake.

Management and clientelle:
This hotel seems to cater to Mainland Chinese clients. There are signs everywhere telling you how to behave and warning of things not to do. Damage deposit is $500 here with a list of charges for missing items. Managers are very rude - especially the older male manager. Breakfast staff, on the other hand, were friendly and efficient. Be nice and leave a tip for these hardworking ladies!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor - only one elevator that is really small. Stairway corridor is steep...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bailey0313

Reviewed 9 November 2013

great location, just a step of walking distance to temple street, there is a super nice small barbeque stall infront hotel main enterence. and MRT just beside of hotel .

great location, but super small room. if u looking for some budget room and didnt have much of lugguges , it maybe will be great for u, but if travel with big lugguges, its imposible for big lugguges traveller. and there are super small bath room.

Room Tip: hotel enterence not facing the main street, its the back of the main street. ask some local , there...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jumpafteryou
BTHHK, Customer Services at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Reviewed 8 November 2013

After reading the reviews in Tripadvisor, I already prepared myself on what to expect and not to expect.

I like the location of the hotel which is really a few steps away from Yau Ma Tei Station Exit C. There are so many choices of food outlets as well.

The room is very small but manageable and acceptable. It's a budget hotel after all. The place is clean and really at bare minimum. But okay for a few days stay in HK since we did not really stay in the hotel long enough during the day anyway.

I am just disappointed with the wifi service as it turned to be unstable and slow which became frustrating sometime.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

It was such a pleasure to receive your feedback, thank you. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that your remarks will serve as encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again with your special one :)