“ok hotel handy for disneyland”

Rambler Garden Hotel
Ranked #426 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Stayed here as a stopover for 2 nights on our way home to England from Oz. Hotel was relatively cheap but is located right by a docklands that isnt exaclty the most scenic views. We arrived right in the height of the swine flu epidemic and we couldnt check in without having our temperatures taken by the reception staff! Rooms are small and clean which seems to be the norm for Hong Kong. Theres a bus to take you to the train station for a small fee and also a shuttle to disneyland which we used. Altogether an ok hotel for a few nights but wouldnt want to stay any longer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank gembob82

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I, my husband, 3 kids and 2 relatives checked in in this hotel. Even after reading negative reviews from the net, we still went there and yes, we were satisfied by this hotel. It is but accessible to bus stop leading to train stations, has its own restaurant with reasonably priced food, gift shop for us tourists and a mini store for basic personal needs. Areas to be improved are as follows:
1.) Should include free use of swimming pool for hotel guests. If not hotel guests, they will be required pay. My children would have loved to stay for another day to shop and swim.
2.) Free internet or wi-fi zone inside rooms of guests. I mean, staying for long in hotel lobby just for internet connection is tiring, lonely & cold.
3.) Should include notice "silence please" so Chinese guests may lower their voices.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay but will be most happy if above suggestions will be taken into consideration. Thanks!!!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 29 April 2010

A good hotel for travelers. Rooms were clean. Facilities are good. Air-conditioned. Private bathroom. With hair dryer, colored tv, mini fridge, electronic kettle. Location is near MTR Station.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank teremikage
Reviewed 5 February 2010

The Rambler Garden Hotel and the Rambler Oasis Hotel are part of a 4 storey building complex with locals living in the other two buildings. The hotel room was tiny. But then again, space in Hong Kong is limited so it really was about "standard" for the price you pay. I had a late flight getting into Hong Kong on the first night of my trip, so I booked the Rambler Garden Hotel for one night only, just so I didn't have to travel around too much when I arrived. The price I got was an early booking price (I think around $400 HKD) so I was extremely satisfied for the value of what I got as the room was clean, tidy, close to the airport, and served its purpose of allowing me to rest up after my long flight.

I didn't stay there though for the rest of my trip because I wanted to be more central in location; I booked another hotel for the rest of my trip, but obviously if you stay in the central locations, you pay more fo your hotel (the other Hong Kong hotel I booked was about double to triple the price, at close to $1000 per night).

For $400 HKD a night at the Rambler Garden Hotel, it was an awesome value. I wouldn't pay any more than that though because the location wasn't great at all.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2010

DO NOT stay in this terrible hotel, because it will give you a big disappointment and will ruin your mood for the whole trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TCCLIMITED
Reviewed 9 January 2010

What I meant from unsatisfactory is not an overall view of my opinion towards my stay at this hotel. Unexpectedly, the room was small and carpet-less but clean. The hotel is nearby the Hong Kong Disneyland but it is far from the town, shopping centers and restaurants. Since I don't speak their local language, the concierge (he) should explain well and don't have to be rude when I mispronounced one of the MTR stations. Overall it's an average hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed here with my sister on our recent trip to HongKong. We were on a budget and needed a decent hotel that is near to Disneyland (the Disneyland hotels were over our budget).

We approached the hotel with trepidation having read negative reviews here, but was pleasantly surprised when we got our room, located on the 30th floor (highest). It was clean & the view of the Kwai Chung container port at night was just magical.

For SGD$75/nite, it was worth it. We came straight from the Airport, checked in and went straight to Disneyland. Stayed here for 1 night before checking to our 2nd hotel in Tsim Sha Shui tourist district for the remainder of our trip.

The hotel is linked to Rambler Plaza, which has a mini supermarket as well. Its convenient enough to get to the nearest MTR station. Just take minibus 88F to get to Tsing Yi Station (accessible via Airport Express) and 88G to Kwai Fong Station. Buses can be board at the bus stop within the hotel grounds.

My only gripe is the bathroom is rather tiny and pillows were very very soft.

• Stayed: November 2009