“Helpful staff, clean and nice room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rambler Oasis Hotel

Rambler Oasis Hotel
Ranked #470 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Malaysia
“Helpful staff, clean and nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed here with my husband and daughter (4 years old) for 3 nights from 17/10/2011 to 20/10/2011. We choosed to stay in Tsing Yi because we planned to visit Disneyland and Lantau Island the first few days during our stay in Hong Kong.

We arrived late in the evening. We took a taxi (RED or GREEN taxis only) from the airport to the hotel and costed us around HKD220, which is cheaper and easier if we were to take the Espress MTR and then hire and taxi or bus from the MTR station to the hotel.

We booked a superior room but the staff upgraded us to a Deluxe room with no extra charges. The room is clean, nice, with complete amenities, the view from the windows is superb too.

The hotel provides free daily shuttle to the MTR station, which is connected to the Tsing Yi shopping mall. There is a mini mart and a Seven-Eleven underground, where we buy our cup noodle for supper every night ---> 'la mien' cup noodle is delicious! If you wanna get mineral water, get them from the mini mart, selling at HKD7 for 2 big bottles, while you get it for HKD10 for only 1 bottle from any other places. F&B is very limited around the hotel, so it is advisable to have your meal every time you return to the hotel.

Overall this is a good hotel, we will recommend this hotel to our friends and will definitely stay in this hotel again next time we visit Hong Kong.

Pros: Nice & clean room, helpful & friendly staff, cheap, near to Disneyland and Lantau Island.

Cons: Limited food choices, lift is slow, full of (rude) guests from China.

Room Tip: Stay at higher hotel room, more quiet and easy to get lift when you come down to the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank milkasue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is not expensive with good service. Rooms are very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on 30th floor :)
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

It's okay to stay here. The room is clean.

But the transportation (shuttle bus) need to be improved. When I just arrived, I am hard to find a bus station to get on the shuttle bus and I just found the bus pass in front of my eyes. That's bad. I asked the stuff to help me but they just responsed that if you wanr to take the bus you need to reservate? How could I reservate at hotel when I just arrive Hong Kong? That's terrible and they are not helpful. It was not the first time I visit HK, but the first time also the last time I choose the Hotel.

If you have time and budget on Taxi transport, you can choose the hotel otherwise you should not try this easily.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I'd just stayed at this Hotel located at Tsing Yi for 3 days 2 nights, and was allowed to checked out 1 hr later ard 1300hrs. The receptionist are helpful to fulfill our needs.

I found the hotel is very clean, the room is ok, not too small for 2 persons, and with the local cantonese tv channels, i quite enjoy the cantonese shows. I lived at the 30th floor, the highest floor but the lift is fast enough to brought me to 30th floor. There is a shopping arcade located at another hotel next to R. Oasis. You can get some stuffs at the convenient shops there, or have some food there as i saw restaurants there.
There is a hotel shuttle service to Tsim Sha Tsui at the morning (just 1 timing).
There is a bus stop behind the hotel, visitors can take the bus to MTR station or shopping centre at Tsing Yi. I had saw the bus coming quite frequent.

Fyi there are 4 lifts at this hotel. If u want a cheaper hotel, and near to Disneyland, Big buddha at Lantau island and near to airport, this is not a bad choice.

Some of the negative points:

No free wifi/internet at room or lobby. My friend had request the wifi password but been told there is a 50 dollar charge.
Usage of the Swimming pool also will be charged
Will have to wait for outside taxi if u want to go somewhere far. My friend and i took taxi to Mongkok at night and we got a taxi ard 10min wait, and it took ~25min to Mongkok area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevenyeee
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Great as a stopover. Convenient to airport using express train + quick taxi ride ride or shuttle bus.

Reasonable price.

Good or better rooms.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank islandsoft_2010
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was upgraded after having booked a single room. My new room (a superior queen) had the most fantastic view of Hong Kong harbour and Hong Kong island. If you are into shipping, containers and other geeky transport stuff as I am, then this place will fascinate you as it looks out over the container ship port. I could have sat all day on my wide window sills staring at the view!

Gym is good, although you have to get a piece of paper from the front desk beforehand, as the club is next door and you'll need to sign in. But once you're there, its' very civilised and looks out over an enormous pool - apparently the longest in South East Asia.

Location lets this down a little. I stayed here to be near the airport (Tsing Yi is just one stop on the airport train and costs HK$60), but to get to the nearest MTR stop you either have to get a free minibus shuttle to the hotel or a taxi. Granted a taxi is only going to set you back HK$30 (less than £3) but it's still a pain. The orange line is very fast though, and gets you into Kowloon or Hong Kong station very quickly.

Internet in your room costs HK$100, but you can use the lobby wifi for free if you just want to check your emails.

Would definitely recommend if you're here for a non-airport hotel, as it's cheaper than staying at one of the big brand airport hotels, and also than staying on hong kong island.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank traveltavern28
Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Title says most of it. I booked it over another hotel because it said free wifi whereas I had to pay for the other. turns out it's only free in the lobby and they'd charge for internet in the room.
The lobby is extremely noisy, even if 2 people speak 30 meters away it's so loud you can't have a single decent phone call. had to plug my earphone and turn the vol to max to get over it.

Location is bad, despite having a bus stop that goes to a metro station, it's inconvenient.
Cleanliness is medium, the rooms are ok but service is slow, I came to check it at 15 and they kept me waiting 20 mins until I had to go do other things and return later.

that being said, it's cheap, so if you don't need internet nor care about location then this might be good value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo