“For short stay. Spartanian conditions.”

Rambler Oasis Hotel
Ranked #474 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Moscow
“For short stay. Spartanian conditions.”
Reviewed 26 April 2008

I have stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. First impression - this is simple student hostel...I have changed my first room due to it was simply dusty and smell sigarets. Second one was cleaner. Both rooms was very small - around 12 sq m. Bathroom is a section 4.5 sq m.
The biggest problem was to found power socket in the room. I have unplugged TV to charge my phone.

What else.... The hotel is too far from everywhere. You'll spend for taxi a lot - so think in advance... May be to stay in HGK will be cheaper?:)

And the last but actually very important - they have no restaurant. And no any closer than 20 minutes walk.

My recomendation - for backpackers who know how to use a bus and metro. Also for groups of people - not for individuals. too boring place...

Why I was quite satisfied? I have paid for this 45USD only... So it was quite close to my estimations^)

Good luck! Never save money on yourself!:)

• Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wyoming
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Rambler Oasis for 5 nights. It's a bit out of the way, but with the regular shuttle bus and excellent MTR train system, it was no problem getting around. It was also nice to get out of the chaos of the city every night and head back to the refuge of our room. I guess the average price for a room here is around US $100, but we booked through agoda.com and got our room for US $50 which was a great deal. The rooms are very nicely decorated with a very modern, minimalist design, and are quite roomy for Hong Kong standards. The pool wasn't opened while we were there, but they were filling it the day we left. It was too cold to swim anyway, so no big deal.

From the window, we had a great view of the shipping port. This may be a bit noisy for some, but we found it really fascinating. As a guest, you can use their fabulous gym, and the locker rooms had a very nice sauna and steam room.

Considering that you would pay $35 to $40 for a basic room the size of a shoebox in downtown Hong Kong, the Rambler Oasis was an amazing value, and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — high room standard and the gym
  • Disliked — A bit far from downtown
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Hong Kong hotels
Silka Far East Hotel
#209 of 719 in Hong Kong
Lantau Island
Silverview Resort Holiday Hotel Lantau

Been to Rambler Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rambler Oasis Hotel

Property: Rambler Oasis Hotel
Address: No.1 Tsing Yi Road, Tsing Yi, Hong Kong, China
Region: China > Hong Kong > Tsing Yi
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #474 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Rambler Oasis Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rambler Oasis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rambler Oasis Hong Kong