L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Shangri-La.com
US$195
US$183
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$182
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$226
Travelocity
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
2,257 results
All reviewstsuen wannina towercitywalk mallmtr stationtraditional marketstar hotelfree wifihuge hotelnew territoriesinfinity poolhotel lobbyhigh floorcorner roomspacious roomqueen sizesea viewchecking in
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This hotel was a terrible choice, in fact my husband and I had been traveling 3 weeks in Asia, and this was the worst hotel of the whole trip, and I would never stay here again.

First the negatives: the room was extremely small and poorly maintained, do not even had sheets on the bed just directly the cover, bathroom was small, dirty and uncomfortable, we are not very tall and relatively thin and even with that the toilet's space was not enough. The breakfast in addition to expensive, 220 HKD for two people, about $ 28.5, was lousy, the coffee was not freshly made but keep reheated, and the food's quality was poor, in fact we just ate there the first day, after that we prefer to eat at a starbucks which was near the hotel.

In addition, the hotel is not located near tourist attractions, but requires to travel by subway at least 30-40 minutes to kwoloon, and about one hour if you go to Ngong Ping where is the great Buddha sitting outdoors.

Finally, the rooms are located between 41 and 77 floors of the complex, so if you suffer from fear of heights, as in my case, is a real nightmare. Not even had beautiful views, there is nothing to see.

Now the positives: the hotel is two blocks from a metro station, the metro network is quite wide so you can reach any part of the city in it and works until 12:30am, and also there are two shopping centers nearby called Citywalk 1 and 2, where there are several places to eat, including starbucks, shangainese food and ramen.

My recommendation is to keep looking for a hotel, I can assure you that can find better than this!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank AmandaCaracas
Reviewed 22 September 2011

L'Hotel Nina Et Convention Centre is a great choice! Picturesque building and location make it really satisfying choice! It is a 77 floor building and we stayed ( a family of 4 which includes 2 kids of 8 and 3 years) on 47th floor. View from the room is really amazing!
The hotel is 2 minits walk from Tsuen Wan West MTR station and also from Tsuen Wan ferry wharf. Two bus stands are also very closeby.
Swiming pool on the 9th floor has awsome view. Staff is very cooperative. Room service staff however does not understand much of english language. However this is common in Hong Kong.
Rooms are comfortable with exceptionally good toilets; with a glass wall on one side.
Location of the hotel is in new territories; which is away from main locations of Hongkong. But since MTR, bus and ferry connectivity is superb; its is convenient enough.
It is around 20% cheaper than other equivalent hotels in Hongkong. Good value for money!

Room Tip: Choose standard room. It's a hillside room; you cannot see the sea. But the view is really good. Standard room will cost you less. Seaside room a a little more expensive.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DipakAbhyankar
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My most recent trip to Hong Kong coincided with two conferences, one at the Expo near the Airport and one fdowntown at the Convention Centre on the waterfront. What this meant was that my quick overnight stop became a challenge as many decent hotels (and all the ones that I had used on my numerous past visits) were either full or charging stupidly expensive nightly rates. Ended up at the L'Hotel Nina and frankly wont be back in a hurry. Location is in a very drap part of HKG, and both the surrounding area and parts of the hotel itself have the feel and charm of a partly finished building site. Cost and hassle of transfer from the airport (Airport Express to Tsing Yi and taxi) about equal to going into town anyway, plus tedium of having to walk through a dusty bus terminal to get the East TST Line capped a very poor location. Due to the room conjestion, my rate was very uncompetitive and my room was smaller than many I have had in town at other places. View nothing to shout about either. I also agree with previous reviewers that the staff appear sullen and unhelpful in their approach. I had no need for internet access but that would have been charged (my last hotel in kowloon did not charge for wired access) - and I also agree that the PCs in reception - set up on temp tables in the corner - seem domainated by kids at all times of the night. All in all, had the feel of a three/four star mainland hotel in a tier 2 provincial city. I wont be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bridge - mine looked out over a very tired shopping mall. Also take care that you have to get two lifts if your room is above 41st floor (maybe this is for all rooms - I dont know and hope not to have to find out in future).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I am very happy indeed with my decision to spend eight days at this hotel, but that being said, my decision may not suit everyone. I have been travelling to Hong Kong several times a year for about five years for work purposes. Each time I spend about two weeks and I get around a bit so I know Hong Kong quite well. I love the food and have made some firm friends there. This time, however, I was not being paid for by work and I just wanted somewhere not too expensive to stay while I essentially had a week long shop-a-thon (with some visiting and eating for good measure). It might be noteworthy that I am a middle aged Australian woman, who is a confident, independent traveller.

So that’s the background info on me, and if you share any of my traits you might treasure this hotel as a brilliant find. For around AUD $90 per night I got a HUGE room with the most brilliant view I have ever had from any hotel room anywhere (see the photos I will upload). Here are some of the many positives for this hotel:

- the price – in Hong Kong this is exceptional value for money
- The bed was comfortable
- Room service was quick and efficient
- The View was beyond incredible, and that includes from the bath. If you can possibly get a corner room, do so. I could see from Hong Kong Island to Lantau and beyond on a clear day with a perfect view of Tsing Ma bridge.
- Tsuen Wan is a neat and compact area, with some great places to eat
- Not far to the MTR : really about midway between Tsuen Wan and Tsuen Wan West lines. It was very hot with about 80% humidity when I was there, so I actually preferred the ever so slightly longer walk to Tsuen Wan rather than Tsuen Wan West because it went through aircon shopping centres and past some yummy local dessert restaurants (read great ice-cream).
- The huge park next door really interesting at night: pet walking area, people doing dancing, playing local instruments, practicing Beijing Opera etc..
- Quick service, despite horrendous crowds in foyer.
- Shuttle bus to TST for HKD $15, quick and efficient if you don’t mind the surly driver.
- Easy to get buses from the bus interchange downstairs in the hotel tower to anywhere, including the stop before the Lo Wu border. Also plenty of little red and green minibuses one block away next to the Tsuen Wan market to e.g., Mongkok, Kowloon City food streets etc.

Possible drawbacks

- if you don’t know Hong Kong well and don’t have time to learn, or if you want to be within five minutes of key attractions this is not the hotel for you
- The foyer is like a Chinese Train station, constantly full and noisy
- I tried not to think about what would happen if there was a fire. Are you old enough to remember the movie ‘towering inferno’? With the need to change over lifts on the 41st floor and the general behaviour of mainlanders in relation to their incomprehension of queuing and ‘Western’ politeness I am sure it would be a death trap.
- The pool is nice and large, but it closes at 8pm which is way too early in the mid-summer heat after a long day’s shopping. Several times I just arrived back at about 8pm and would have loved a swim but got that surly ‘hand wave’ from the pool people or security guards that in China means – nick off.
- If you expect personal service, this is not your place. You are one of the masses here. Mind you, in my eyrie on the 53rd floor, I didn’t care and didn’t see a soul, it’s only when you descend that you join the herd.
- No wifi in room, LAN only – this was the worst thing for me. Yes they charge for it too, but at HKD 300 for a month (so basically capped at AUD$ 35 for an entire week) I didn’t think the cost was too bad and the speed was good. I just wish it was Wifi so I could have worked in bed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ozziepore
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel together with my family last Oct. 21-25, 2010. The room we got was Ocean view and had 2 double beds which is quite perfect for a family of 4. Stayed on the 38th floor. The room is quite big compared to the usual hotel rooms in Hongkong. The bathroom was nice and clean. The only turn off was the breakfast menu coz they served almost the same breakfast the whole duration of our trip.

Transportation to and fro tourists spots wasnt a problem as there is a near MTR station about 5 mins. walk from the hotel. The hotel has a connecting bridge to the malls which makes shopping quite convenient.

Will definitely go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family