“Great Hotel and Superb Service”

L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre
Ranked #135 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore
“Great Hotel and Superb Service”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were at this hotel for our Annual Meetings.

Hotel isn't located in the city but that's fine - it's near the MTRs and there were enough to see, near the hotel. It's 2 MTR stops away from the local famous Hang Heung Bakery.
There is a supermarket in the shopping mall, which is connected to the hotel.

Many thanks to everyone in the hotel who made every effort and contribute to our successful meetings. We could not have done it so well without them being so prompt and reliable!

Service was superb and outstanding - especially from Albert and all the banquet staffs, the chefs, Jacky and his concierge team, Rebecca and the front desk receptions, The Sky Lounge team who ALL did a really great job, always readily to attend to ALL our requests and met our expectations.We have all of these people to thank for.

It has really been hospitality service at its BEST!! It's no wonder that with over 1,000 rooms and it can still be sold out in February.

Only thing was wifi access wasn't readily available, there was only wired internet in the guest rooms. That's the one of the only 2 areas our team found that needs improving.

The other area where we found has room for improvement was the breakfast.
We were there for almost a week - so we found out that breakfast items were mostly the same. But given that the small amount we pay for breakfast, I guess it's still a good deal. Besides, there was a market and many eat houses near the hotel, and Starbucks too! - so it wasn't really a big problem for us.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hkghkg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel for twelve nights, you can quickly see that they strive to be as professional and efficient as possible, but I like to talk to them and get to know them. They were some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, especially in the lounge bar. Andrew the manager along with his staff happily talked with us after breaking the ice, these are people that are not just there to serve but also to accompany you and help you in your trip, Timothy gave me directions to see the Bruce Lee statue which meant so much to me. The kindness of these people made my stay so enjoyable and really hard to leave behind. A big thankyou to the guys, I'll try my best to be back. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

• Stayed March 2011
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When we arrived, lobby hotel is great. Big space with modern display panel in column. Staff is nice. Room is big, but the floor used material wood parquet which the condition not too good. Through bedroom, we can see bathtube which seperate by clear glass wall. Restaurant very nice & the breakfast is complete.
Hotel location is not too good. No mini market near with hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Myholidayindonesia
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This our 2nd stay in this property, this time we booked the habour view room during our weekend trip with the family.
We arrived before 11am and our room was ready, it only took less than 10 minutes from lobby to our room. As usual the lobby place was full of luggages for check out and check in but the staff handled them well.
We love this hotel because it's far from the city, nice place to spend time with your kids. They love the playground, it is located just outside the hotel going to the nearest MTR station Tsuen Wan West and the bus station which we rode all the way to Admirality.
Food is abundant in the area, not so crowded like in the city. Tsuen Wan Plaza and Citywalk mall offers a lot of food and shopping place.
Lhotel Nina is a great hotel for the family with small kids. Yes we are going to stay here again business or vacation.

Room Tip: Harbour View Room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alsbrew
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at L'Hotel Nina Convention Center for 5 days. The Hotel Staffs are nice and very helpful; they even taught us on how not to spend too much. The view on our room "38th floor" was fabulous and we love the circular glass bathroom. The downside with this hotel is that it's not very clean (comparing with the standard of 5 star hotel) but if you compare with 3 star standard it would do. Also they don't have any 24 hour food service so when it's night you can't order any food.

The Location is a bit far off but with MTR nothing is too far also they have a shuttle every 2 hours going to Peninsula Tsim Sha Tsui if you don't want to use the MTR. They also have a mall. Given that you don't go to Tsim Sha Tsui often; Location is perfect.

I suggest you go to this hotel if you want to experience a 5 star hotel in Hong Kong with 50% off the price. Its a true Value for money and they have a fabulous harbour view.

Room Tip: Request for a higher room with a harbour view. Also it's more affordable if you book online via...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
India
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here for a night last week.

The view from the room was great (I was on the 25th Floor) and the hotel was attached to a mall. The breakfast buffet was very average. The room amenities were very limited: bed was super hard, very basic wooden chairs. PPV Movies was blocked - I was asked to go to the reception to deposit HKD500 if I wanted to watch a pay-per-view movie, which I found annoying. They should be able to trust their customers to pay for a movie during check-out.
Also, the mini-bar was empty - at this point I figured they would require a deposit again just to provide a couple of coke cans.... that too on a chargeable basis. Getting cabs from downstairs wasn't a problem. Didn't really explore the local area (other than the attached mall) so can't really comment. They charged me (only HKD $5, but a charge nonetheless), to hold my bag with them for a hour or so after I checked out. They did, however, let me checkout as late at 1.30pm without levying any late checkout charges.

I do not think I will like to stay again at this hotel on my next trip to HongKong. Since I was on a conference trip, my company paid for it so I am not sure whether the hotel was cheap or it was just the amenities and service.

Room Tip: higher floor, facing the harbour so you can see the lights and the ships/boats in the water.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank msaraf101
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2012

For the price we paid for this 83rd floor room overlooking the water, this was by far the best deal we have ever got in our frequent travels. Ok the locatiion is far from good, some distance away from all the main action, but all it takes is half an hour to get into Kowloon. And the train station is five minutes away.Of course there are hordes of people checking in from Mainland China and the pool was not open (hence the pre-opening rates) but you can;t ask for a $60-70 room in Hong Kong with your shower recess made of glass and looking onto the waterway. The room was big enough for four of us (two boys). For the adventourous (such as myself) there was the fish market bang opposite as well as an area which was 10 times biggetr than any Chinatown I have seen around the world. A food hunters paradise. And for those more conservative with their eating habits, like my wife, there's a 7/11 next door.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family