“excellent for the price!”

L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre
Ranked #140 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here on a three day trip to Hong Kong. Yes, it is out of the way of the center of the city, but if you arent looking to shop like crazy this is a beautiful location just a bit out of the way and it's Hong Kong; no matter where you are you are near a subway and can still get around.

Hotel itself is great though. I was given a room on the 60th floor and my view over the harbor was fantastic. Super comfy bed, nice big bathtub, and TONS of good food all around me.

Id like to give a special thanks to the concierge team. Having 1600 RMS of guests they were still extremely attentive, professional, and were able to answer any question I had. Also gave many good recs really enabling me to have three jam packed days of fun in HK.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights.

Booked through agoda. Supposed to be for Tower A, but was given Tower B at 46 floor.

Taxi from airport to hotel is 30 minutes for HKD200. Airport bus from Tsuen Wan West MTR station to airport is 1 hour for HKD19.

Not necessary need a seaview room. You can catch the seaview at the 41st floor - the lift interchange floor.

Room is big with 2 queen size bed. Location is convenient. Near to the Tsuen Wan East MTR station which is also the bus terminus to the airport. 10 minutes walking distance to the Tsuen Wan MTR station for the Tsuen Wan line which goes direct to the Mongkok-Jordan areas.

The local cafe eateries are everywhere nearby the hotel. For a more upscale restaurants, there the Citywalk Malls.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Peter-KualaLumpur-10
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The room is indeed spacious and nicely designed, ours was with two double beds. The toilets and bathroom are huge and well equipped. The view from our room at 70th floor was simply breathtaking. Convenient to shop as there were about three connected malls and another two across the road.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TehCK
Reviewed 16 December 2013

First off, some details. We booked 2 rooms in Tower 2 (floors above 41) for a 9 night stay in December 2013. We arrived at the hotel at 830AM on a Wednesday morning. I made a request for rooms on a high floor, and was given 2 city view rooms on the 72nd floor. The room bookings were made through Agoda.

The Good:
- Check in was a breeze. It could have been the timing, but there were no queues at the check in counter and the counters were more than adequately staffed.
- The hotel lobby was quite spacious, and nowhere near as crowded as some of the reviewers had me believe. Even at its peak there was still plenty of space to move around, although not sit.
- Rooms are very spacious. Plenty of walking space even with two beds. The almost floor to ceiling window panels are fantastic for taking in the views too. Yes, the bathroom features glass walls so you can see in, but you can draw the shades if you want privacy. The floor isn't carpeted though, but I actually preferred that.
- Some reviewers mentioned the beds being very hard. Nonsense. I think they're used to beds that are too soft. I had no trouble sleeping at all.
- A few days into our stay, for some personal reasons, we decided to request for a change in room type, from double to king, for one of our rooms. The counter staff was very helpful, and we made the switch late afternoon, to a harbor view room at no extra charge.
- The view is fantastic. As L'Hotel Nina has the highest vantage point of all the buildings in the area, you can see really far. My only regret was that it was mostly cloudy during our stay and I didn't get to catch a good sunrise.
- Our kids smashed a glass cup late into our stay, and housekeeping timely responded to our call, and helped to clean up and scour the room for glass fragments. Kudos to their response time.
- The hotel is located quite near the train station Tsuen Wan West. It's approximately 1 hour (including walking) to Disneyland, and 45 min to Causeway Bay / Tsim Sha Tsui. Perfectly acceptable to us, considering we were paying more than a third less for a stay at equivalent hotels in those areas. The downside is that there will be more chances in train lines - at our maximum we changed 3 train lines.
- Because of the location and height, the hotel is really quiet. There's no noise from the surroundings at all. Some reviewers mentioned noisy neighbours and we did encounter some. However, it was not that bad - just a couple of doors banging and some loud conversations - and it generally didn't last long. Also, we had let our own doors bang a couple of times accidentally as the door closer has a really stiff spring.
- There are a few mid-price shopping malls nearby (Nina Tower itself, Citywalk 1 & 2, Tsuen Wan Plaza) and its really convenient unless you are the sort to go for Prada and the like. The hotel itself has a supermarket on level 2 with very reasonable pricing. I'll be packing fewer necessities for my next trip and buy some at the supermarkets. We did walk all the way to Discovery Park mall, only to find that most of the shops were under renovation or closed. Avoid that mall at all costs.
- Lifts are fast, as in you don't have to wait for long after you pressed to request for one. Of course, it's really fast going between floors - after all the hotel is 87 floors high. You can feel your ears literally pop with the change in air pressure. There's no huge queue waiting for lifts as some earlier reviewers mentioned.

The Not-So-Good:
- I gave cleanliness an "Average". The rooms were generally clean, and there are no major complains there. However, thanks to another reviewer on TripAdvisor, I got to know about the black rubber mats in the bathroom and brought slippers of my own. Although the hotel did provide its own slippers and changed them every day, they get damp very easily. I really wish the hotel will change the bathroom tiles in the future and not just depend on a stop-gap measure by using those black mats.
- Wear and tear in the rooms. Some of it was due to poor design. For example, there was a small glass panel alongside the bathtub acting as a shelf. However, the two brackets holding the panel were deteriorating and the panel was starting to slope to one side. I was fearful the panel would drop off during my stay but thankfully it didn't.
- The rooms were dimly lit at night even with all the lights turned on. This made reading brochures and leaflets hard. As another reviewer pointed out, I noticed that some light sockets were not used although they were covered up.

The Bad:
- The free wifi at the hotel lobby is a joke. There's no point trying to connect because most of the time people are there hogging the connection. I gave up after trying for 30min at night.

Overall, if you don't mind the wifi, I'd really recommend this hotel if you can look past some of the other minor gripes.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Tower 2. Higher floors have better views. Harbor view rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RuminatingCow
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We traveled there in a group and had a beautiful room with a great view of Hong Kong harbor and city at night....Disappointing that the free wifi was in the lobby only which was constantly filled with people using i-pads, etc...breakfast was good a decent variety staff was very attentive in the dining room....
does get a bit confusing when you have to change elevators to go higher then 41st floor...took awhile to find the other elevator....
pool small and looked closed for the 2 days we were there...

Room Tip: get a room with the view of the harbor...it is beautiful at night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marydelila48
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Check in was very easy and simple. The lobby always packed with tourist. Free wifi only in lobby. Our room had two double bed, that was great. But I did not like the bathroom design. The location is very far from tourist area but near hotel there is big mall nearby

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in Nov. My immediate displeasure happened right off the back, as the hotel shuttle that I had coordinate prior to leaving US didn't show up at the airport and after traveling 22 hrs, we waited another 30 min after arrival before we decided to take a cab. After arriving at 1AM at the hotel and complaining about this, they did upgrade our room, which made up for some of the trouble. The hotel itself doesn't have much to offer. The restaurant is very mediocre, nothing to get excited about. The food was bland and the breakfast buffet is really one of the most avrg ones I've seen. The location is ok, but it's very close to MTR and that really made all the difference. The staff and the concierge personnel were really nice and went above and beyond. Except for the front desk staff. No matter when we went to them or who was there, across the board, they were indifferent to us and just didn't give the kind of service you expect. Overall, I think this would be a good business hotel at best, nothing to get excited about if you're going to Hong Kong for vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms, seem they have more space and nicer views. We were on the 75th floor and in th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple