Read good reviews on TripAdvisor and knew to ask for a corner room, tower 2, harbor view, high floor and wow - our room was spectacular! The front desk staff listened to my request and gave us corner room 4630 which was gorgeous. Huge bathroom, bedroom and living space with windows on both sides overlooking the harbor. Breath-taking! The deep soaking tub was wonderful, as was the rainfall shower which, in a clear tube, overlooked the room or could be curtained for privacy. The breakfast buffet was tasty and was included in our stay. No lines and prompt service, serving both Asian and Western food. The location is good - right next to a shopping mall and supermarket. Five minute walk to the train and bus station. Next to a park.
Cons that prevents this being a five star review:
- no wifi available in room. For pay Internet access is plug-in wire only.
- bed was hard as a slab of marble. Horrible.
- the hallway noise was very loud and carried. In the middle of the night kids are screaming in the hallway and no one is keeping quiet. The heavy doors slam. Bring ear plugs.
- one night the fire alarm went off three times. Loud blaring alarm and red lights flashing. There were no instructions, no automated announcements over PA, no automated calls to our room and no security or staff showed up. Because the loud alarm turned off, we went back to bed but the red light was still flashing so I got no sleep worried we were going to die by not evacuated. The next day there was no note of explanation slipped under our door, so I went to the front desk to inquire. He had no idea so he asked someone else. He eventually came back and said "false alarm" but no apology. Horrible management for such a situation which you know all hotels should prepare for - whether it's a kid pulling an alarm or the real deal. Communication to guests is important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre is Hong Kong's largest hotel in many respects. A modernist's dream strategically located 25 minutes each way to all of Hong Kong's major commercial and entertainment districts, it is the flagship hotel of L'hotel Group and the most affordable luxury hotel the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Nina Et Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Nina Et Convention Centre Hong Kong