“Great Hotel with Amazing View and Very Good Service”

L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre
Ranked #140 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at L'Hotel Nina in May 2013 with my friends. At first, we don't expect anything, all we know is that L'Hotel Nina is a 5 Star Hotel and we hope it can give us great experiences. We book for 5 Nights for staying in tower 1 (L'Hotel Nina have 2 towers - Tower 2 is taller than tower 1 - of course you can get the better view from tower 2 because it also faces the harbor).
We arrive at noon and begin queuing at the line, it is crowded enough. When we arrive at the Receptionist, she checked our documents and say something that surprises us, "for these five days, you guys have been upgraded to tower 2, enjoy the room". It's a great service they give us because we know this huge hotel, maybe some of the services will not be that good. They can't service you at maximum quality but this is amazing.
The room is very big if it compared to the many other hotels in Hong Kong. The bathroom is also big enough. The beds is very comforting. The view from the room directly to the harbor which is very amazing view. But it has no Wi-Fi in the room but it really doesn't bother us.
The location is attached to the shopping mall next to it, quiet a big mall if you want to look for restaurant and any other big shops. even it's too far from Central and Hong Kong Island but it's near to the MTR station and has a bus station, you can take a bus to the airport from there.
I recommend this Hotel for comforting stay and amazing view. Love the experiences here.

Room Tip: Get a room in tower 2 for the amazing view of Hong Kong Harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JayKhouw
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 8 March 2014

They advertise it is a 5 star hotel. I travel a lot and this place is nothing more than a 3 star. Where do I start? The room and the hotel has no heat. It is winter there in March and you will freeze anywhere in the hotel, including lobby. We had to get two extra comforters to keep warm.
No clock in the room. Lack of mirrors in the room. Only a few English tv channels. Not enough to enjoy. No wifi in the room.
The Lobby area has no bathroom. You must leave the hotel or go to your room to find one. There are no sofa/chairs in the lobby. Only Granite slabs you can sit on and freeze and be uncomfortable. No wifi in the lobby. They tell you to go over to one of the pub/bars to get service.
The lobby staff are unfriendly and most do not speak much English. No tourism counter. They do have a few PC's set up for the internet but you have to figure out how to change them from Chinese to English.
I reserved this room with Agoda. I was supposed to get two breakfast buffets for free during my stay. But I only got one. The manager said that Agoda does this on purpose and said it was a con job by them. I will never use Agoda again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k7cq
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed in L' hotel in October 2013 for 2 weeks. It is a five star hotel with two massive and imposing structures. I loved the interiors, room space, the lobby area, the harbour view and the facilities. It is definitely one of the impressive structures in New Territories. Also, it is connected to the shopping mall. So, it is very convenient for shopping and dining.

However, customer service is not up to 5 star standards. I can understand that the hotel guests mainly consist of large tourist groups and so servicing such big groups can be a bit overwhelming. However, there are also few business travellers like me staying in the hotel and they expect a customer service as per the standards appropriate to a 5 star hotel.

I felt that the hotel staff are not used to servicing business travellers and hence a mismatch in expectations. One e.g. is the concierge service. The staff was not pro-active in helping me carry my big luggage to the room. I had to go to the concierge desk and request for their help. Also, in-spite of paying extra for Wi-Fi, for two nights, I could not connect to internet. The reason given by the staff was that there is a big conference happening in the hotel, so due to a large number of guests, there would be difficult in accessing internet. I feel for a 5 star hotel, this sort of reasoning is a bit flimsy

In a nutshell, the stay was comfortable with no major heartbreaks. However, I will not recommend this hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anshu R
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is the tallest hotel building in Hong kong with 89 floors. Stayed here with hubby and my 2 boys. We had a room on the 65th floor overlooking the sea with a king size bed.The view from my room was just so beautiful and stunning.
Arrived at about 1030 in the morning and the check in service was fast and efficient. One of the employee at front desk immediately told my husband that she will arrange an extra bed for us without charge upon seeing we are travelling with our two boys.
To get to the room on the 65th floor, we needs to first take the lift to certain floor ( sorry for unable to recall the floor) and then change another lift to our floor.Hotel is located next to a shopping mall which was ok and there is a beautiful park as well just opposite the hotel. Lots of restaurant around but we like to go to the Maritime Square in Tsing Yi for dining and shopping. Less crowded especially when you are travelling with two kids.
Overall, I was happy with the stay especially the good location and near to MRT station which makes our travelling convenient and trip to Disneyland so easy and fun.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor if you like peace. Better view and quiet as lower floor mostly for tour...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AW-EthNic
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The only thing great about the hotel is the room. The rooms are really big and the bathroom is just fantastic. I had a room on the 46th floor and the view from my room was just stunning.
There were a few people waiting in line at the reception waiting for checkin but only 1 person working at the reception while 4 Others are busy talking.
Check in service was poor. I arrived at 0800 in the morning and I understand that it was too early for check in. I was given my room at 1130. No WIFI in the room. It is only available in the main hall. If you need internet service in your room you need a laptop and it is chargable.
Lighting and indication around the hotel is poor. To get to my room on the 46th floor I have to first take the lift to the 41th floor and than change another lift to the 46th floor. It is fine during the day but in the night the light are so deem that you can hardly see the indication to the room. Should improve lighting.
Anyway hotel is located next to a shopping mall which was good. Lots of restaurant around so we did not even eat at the hotel.
This is a local chain hotel and it caters mainly for Chinese Group so you do not see many European customer.
Overall experience was good because the rooms are really good. But could improve their services and especially with internet services and lighting

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ItalyAmico
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here on my way home from Malaysia on a 15-hour layover. Had a room on a high floor with a king size bed overlooking the water. The view was amazing! The bed was soft and allowed for a great night's rest. The room had a glassed-in bathtub, which was a little more than I needed, however I put it to good use. The hotel also arranged airport transit for me. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor to have a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chad B
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were first allocated two rooms on the 66th floor. One was smoking so we asked to be moved to two non smoking rooms as we were travelling with two children and a baby. The customer service was fantastic and we were offered an upgrade to the family suite. It was amazing! Floor 89 and fabulous harbour views. Loads of space, an amazing bathroom and very comfy beds.

The hotel itself was in a quiet part of the City but with lots of local restaurants close by as well as a shopping mall. The breakfast was ok, and the service was superb. Really well staffed and felt very safe.

I think with a family the suite is worth the money to upgrade as the original rooms were small, as most are in Hong Kong. The hotel was easy access to the airport and great for a New Year's Eve stop over.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family