“Bad stay!”

Royal View Hotel
Ranked #111 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Bad stay!”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

1) getting breakfast out of hotel is inconvenient (unlike previous trip I stayed in e city)

2) reception kept looking down at his work while I was asking for some directions. Not a good service from them.

3) bathing drain prevented water to drain off with my bf having to use e toothbrush to scrub away the mould that has been stuck there

4) sink drainage was terrible which took a long time for water to drain off

5) feathers or some white stuff from e blanket was flying around e room

6) dirty carpet that caused e rash on my thighs and my bf's due to sitting on e carpet

Bad experience I'd never return to this hotel though shuttle service is always on time. View was supposed to be good facing e sea but much got blocked by the bridge.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Good for Tourist as they stay very little in the Hotel, conducted tours companies mostly like this.
As it is far off from Hongkong city

Room Tip: Good for travellers on conducted tours
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sureshmohan
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My sister and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. We took the Stylish Green Living Pkg and spent 10 nights there. It was a great deal. We were on the non smoking 19th floor with sea view. Room was spacious and clean, staff friendly and helpful. We took advantage of their free shuttle everyday which was always on time and frequent. We travelled mostly on metro (with Octopus card) to everywhere, even to Shenzhen, and the shuttle took us right from the hotel to the Tsuen Wan station in 10 min. When we went to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central we took the Tsim Sha Tsui shuttle which got us there around 25 min. The only time we used the cab was to and from the Airport. We even managed to catch the last bus from TST back to the hotel when we came back from Macau.
Hong Kong is always full of people everywhere, everyday and any time of the day. It was refreshing to come back to a hotel with serene surrounding and beautiful view after a long day mingling with the crowd. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank ixia22
Jamshedpur, India
Reviewed 12 December 2011

never take this hotel even if u get the cheapest. the hotel property has nice rooms, a very good restaurant, and nice scenic views outside, nice swimming pool, gym, and outside Bar. it also has free shuttle services to the City Metro station and HongKong International Airport. But it's too Far from Kowloon and Hongkong Island taxi Takes atleast 35$ .

Room Tip: Rooms are Exceelent,Cheap and Readily Available.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel in November for 5 nights with my husband in a deluxe room with one double bed.

The hotel room is clean, and design is contemporary. The bed is extremely firm, so if you are not used to it like my husband, it may be difficult to get some good night sleep. However, I'm used to sleeping on a firm bed before marriage, so I had no issues with it. The pillow is super soft, and usually by the middle of the night, there is no support for the neck left. Having two pillows would be far too high for me.

My husband and I arrived on an early flight to Hong Kong, so we were trying to check in at 9:30am. We were advised that check in is not until 2pm. We had to store our luggage at the hotel, so we wanted to get some stuff out of it first. There was absolutely NO seats at the lobby area. The only area they had with sofas were blocked off and you'd have to pay to sit in there (with some food offered, I guess). So I asked the front desk where I could find some space to get my luggage - she suggested I go into the hotel shop around the corner... I went in the shop, and right away, the staff in there told me to get out and deal with my luggage outside. So guess what, I got the stuff from my luggage in the elevator area. There is nothing near the hotel, so be prepared.

The first two nights were fine at the hotel. The third night when we returned to the hotel, it was full of cigarette smell. Our floor is a non-smoking floor, so I called the front desk to complain. They got someone up right away, and sprayed air fresheners all over the carpet in our room... and that's it. Next night, it happened again. This time, I asked for a reason, and whether they could do something about it... the staff just basically ignored me and he said he didn't know anything.

The good thing about the hotel is that it offers shuttle bus every 15 minutes to Tsuen Wan MTR station. They also have a tight schedule returning from the Tsuen Wan MTR station. We took the shuttle to Tsim Sha Tsui on the first day, and never did that again. The time on the shuttle took so long... I'd rather pay a few dollars HKD (equals $1 USD) to get to TST from Tsuen Wan via MTR.

I was very busy in HK this time, so I did not get a chance to try their gym, pool, or restaurant.

Next time when I do travel to Hong Kong. I may or may not stay at this hotel again, depending on its value. The cleaniness and quietness is not easy to find in HK, and I guess the trade off is having nothing around you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Hong Kong is a vibrant city with lots to offer to tourists and visitors. The transport system is superb and very systematic offering safe and comfortable ride. You will never miss your destination as there are markers and pointers everywhere and all exits are duly marked to guide your travel. It is an expensive city but it is worth it. Food is cheap but hotels are expensive. There are good places to go and even if we stayed for like three weeks there, we have not gone to all places we wanted to visit. At night there is always life at the harbour. We really had fun staying and visiting Hong Kong and I would like to go there again some time.

Room Tip: Specify your needs with the service desk so they can help you choose your room when you arrive even...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We have been to that hotel twice already and it is a good value. The views are spectacular and the facilities are great. Even though far from downtown the free shuttle and the metro will take you anywhere cheap. Only bad thing is the Wifi is not FREE

Room Tip: Make sure you get wifi included if you use the computer or else it will be expensive and get the oce...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family