“good enough i guess?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal View Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Royal View Hotel
Ranked #116 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Baguio City, Philippines
“good enough i guess?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I recommend this hotel because of its beauty, with ample room space (its good enough, as compared to other hotels in hong kong which have smaller areas). But the rooms aren't that perfectly clean. The carpet is dirty, pretty much like they didn't clean it for quite some time already. We got a room with a good sea view, but there were times when we can smell cigarette smoke (maybe from other rooms). And for the coffee, the noodles, etc in the room? you have to pay for it - additional! It's not complimentary.
The sink drainage is terrible. You better not use the sink, because the water will stay there forever. The bathroom is average, a little small. Not that clean either.
the hotel is a little distant from TST and other must see places but they have a shuttle every 10, 15, 20 minutes (depending on the time of the day) that would take you to the Tsuen Wan station of the MTR. while waiting for the hotel's shuttle, there's a line (no chairs), so you have to stand in line for quite some time. you just have to know the shuttle's schedule.
From our package, we got a daily plated breakfast (not buffet - buffet is additional $40 per person). Anyway, for the plated breakfast, its so boring because you get the same meal everyday! And we stayed there for 5days! (we didn't get the buffet breakfast because some guests are not that sanitary when getting food). They even ran out of table napkins.
There is also a language barrier with the hotel employees, making it hard to talk to them.
they don't have a waiting area in the lobby when you are waiting for your pick up (we were even asked to wait outside the hotel and its winter - so rude!) the front desk are not that courteous either. They don't greet you when you come in, and when you ask for help or anything, they talk indifferently. But of course, if you don't interact with them, the hotel itself is fine.
Overall, its okay to stay at this hotel if you're just looking for a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clodin22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel and can fullheartedly recommend for everybody going to or coming from the airport...as it is just 30 minutes from Check Lap Kok at a price of around HKD 200.00 by taxi.
When I arrived, the welcome at the reception was cool and rushed but ok. The positive experience started in the room. Reasonably sized for Hong Kong including even a small kitchen. Aircon of course, customable lighting and a plasma tv. Non openable windows. I had ordered a king-size-bed which turned out to be king-size only in asian terms, in European/American terms it would be classified as a queen bed, but as such it was of high quality and the sleep experience was a nice one.
The bathroom is probably the highlight of the room and especially important to me on a trip. Amenities including a tooth brush and a comb leave you fully covered in any event, a strong toilet, separate ventilation, sufficient towels and a really well done shower area with strong hot/cold water flow and a choice of hand-held shower and rain shower completed the perfect offering.
I also used the hotel restaurant for an absolutely fabulous buffet dinner, that set me back about HKD 400.00 including a couple of beers. It´s impossible not to find something at the buffet, there are international offerings as well as local and Chinese ones. The dessert area is especially intriguing.
The hotel also offers a pool area and a massage/spa area, both of which I did not try.
On the slightly negative side are definitely the for-pay internet offerings and also I was missing a bathrobe in the room. But after all, this is a 4* hotel at a very reasonable price, so this will in no way deter me from returning should I come back to HK soon.
About breakfast I cannot comment as I had an early flight, also the shuttle they offer to downtown I could not test and experience.
As cleanliness is of course an issue, well, the bathroom was immaculate, the bedroom could use some in-depth general cleaning in additon to the daily issues....in the corners and under the cabinets you can find some remembrances from earlier customers....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank allaretakenwhatthef
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

1) getting breakfast out of hotel is inconvenient (unlike previous trip I stayed in e city)

2) reception kept looking down at his work while I was asking for some directions. Not a good service from them.

3) bathing drain prevented water to drain off with my bf having to use e toothbrush to scrub away the mould that has been stuck there

4) sink drainage was terrible which took a long time for water to drain off

5) feathers or some white stuff from e blanket was flying around e room

6) dirty carpet that caused e rash on my thighs and my bf's due to sitting on e carpet

Bad experience I'd never return to this hotel though shuttle service is always on time. View was supposed to be good facing e sea but much got blocked by the bridge.

• Stayed December 2011
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Good for Tourist as they stay very little in the Hotel, conducted tours companies mostly like this.
As it is far off from Hongkong city

Room Tip: Good for travellers on conducted tours
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sureshmohan
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

My sister and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. We took the Stylish Green Living Pkg and spent 10 nights there. It was a great deal. We were on the non smoking 19th floor with sea view. Room was spacious and clean, staff friendly and helpful. We took advantage of their free shuttle everyday which was always on time and frequent. We travelled mostly on metro (with Octopus card) to everywhere, even to Shenzhen, and the shuttle took us right from the hotel to the Tsuen Wan station in 10 min. When we went to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central we took the Tsim Sha Tsui shuttle which got us there around 25 min. The only time we used the cab was to and from the Airport. We even managed to catch the last bus from TST back to the hotel when we came back from Macau.
Hong Kong is always full of people everywhere, everyday and any time of the day. It was refreshing to come back to a hotel with serene surrounding and beautiful view after a long day mingling with the crowd. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank ixia22
Jamshedpur, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

never take this hotel even if u get the cheapest. the hotel property has nice rooms, a very good restaurant, and nice scenic views outside, nice swimming pool, gym, and outside Bar. it also has free shuttle services to the City Metro station and HongKong International Airport. But it's too Far from Kowloon and Hongkong Island taxi Takes atleast 35$ .

Room Tip: Rooms are Exceelent,Cheap and Readily Available.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel in November for 5 nights with my husband in a deluxe room with one double bed.

The hotel room is clean, and design is contemporary. The bed is extremely firm, so if you are not used to it like my husband, it may be difficult to get some good night sleep. However, I'm used to sleeping on a firm bed before marriage, so I had no issues with it. The pillow is super soft, and usually by the middle of the night, there is no support for the neck left. Having two pillows would be far too high for me.

My husband and I arrived on an early flight to Hong Kong, so we were trying to check in at 9:30am. We were advised that check in is not until 2pm. We had to store our luggage at the hotel, so we wanted to get some stuff out of it first. There was absolutely NO seats at the lobby area. The only area they had with sofas were blocked off and you'd have to pay to sit in there (with some food offered, I guess). So I asked the front desk where I could find some space to get my luggage - she suggested I go into the hotel shop around the corner... I went in the shop, and right away, the staff in there told me to get out and deal with my luggage outside. So guess what, I got the stuff from my luggage in the elevator area. There is nothing near the hotel, so be prepared.

The first two nights were fine at the hotel. The third night when we returned to the hotel, it was full of cigarette smell. Our floor is a non-smoking floor, so I called the front desk to complain. They got someone up right away, and sprayed air fresheners all over the carpet in our room... and that's it. Next night, it happened again. This time, I asked for a reason, and whether they could do something about it... the staff just basically ignored me and he said he didn't know anything.

The good thing about the hotel is that it offers shuttle bus every 15 minutes to Tsuen Wan MTR station. They also have a tight schedule returning from the Tsuen Wan MTR station. We took the shuttle to Tsim Sha Tsui on the first day, and never did that again. The time on the shuttle took so long... I'd rather pay a few dollars HKD (equals $1 USD) to get to TST from Tsuen Wan via MTR.

I was very busy in HK this time, so I did not get a chance to try their gym, pool, or restaurant.

Next time when I do travel to Hong Kong. I may or may not stay at this hotel again, depending on its value. The cleaniness and quietness is not easy to find in HK, and I guess the trade off is having nothing around you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple