“Good hotel”

Ranked #111 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
okinawa
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel only because there were no rooms available at a Disneyland Resort hotel. This hotel is about 20 minutes by taxi away from Disneyland, about 35 minutes from Hong Kong International airport by taxi. My 8yr old daughter and I stayed in a Superior room with two single beds. The first room (our original room) we were in was on a smoking floor and the carpet on the floor was softer than the beds. We both had a terrible night's sleep between the smoky smell and the hard beds. I asked hotel staff the next morning if we could move to a non-smoking floor and they happily obliged. Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and spoke fairly good English. The second room we were in was much better, beds were a little softer and it smelled 95% better than the original room. When you make a reservation, if you care, make sure you specify non-smoking. I was not impressed with the $40HKD/hr charge for Wi-fi either, but I guess that's what I get for not checking into it before I booked my room. That was a little difficult to deal with when trying to get in touch with my husband back home but oh well. The hotel is located right beside a bridge but there is so much construction going on around the bridge and hotel that it detracts from the view. Still, it's a cool view when you're so high up (we were on the top floor, 19th).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I missed a connection on Air Canada and they put me up overnight at this hotel. The hotel upgraded my room and put me in a three bedroom suite with kitchen, washing machine as just two items in this paradise! The views were breathtaking. The service at front desk was exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Although the the location of the hotel is far away from the city centre, the free shuttle service between the hotel and Tsuen Wan is convenient to guests. The hotel upgraded my room to sea view superior, which has gorgeous view of Ting Kau Bridge and Tsing Ma Bridge. It is a good choice if you are looking for a relax holiday in Hong Kong.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manson_T
mumbai
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a good hotel I stayed in the hotel for 3 days , Rooms are clean, service is prompt,Morning Breakfast was also good. The only problem was the hotel is far from Hongkong Island Transportation by road is very expensive.I think this hotel is good for those tourist who have taken sight seeing pakage.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sachinbiyani
Manila, Phils
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our much awaited Christnaa holiday was spiled to the max by the most obnoxious front desk clerk I have personally encountered in my lifetime. First of all, this hotel in terms of loaction is far from desirable. It is practically located in the middle of nowhere. Tnough it cam't be argued that he facilities are quite commendable, the luxury cannot make up for tqhe myriad inconveniences of the location, There is not even one convenience store within 5 km radius. I was with aarty f 6 pax supposedly under group check - in arrangement. We arrived last Dec 20,2012. After being dropped off by the tour guide we were dire ted to a group lounge which was supposed to be a holding area and were instructed to wait. After about half an hour and nobody was attending to us I decided to check with the front desk and was unfortunately attended to be a very unaccommodating lady . Instead of pacifying me she went ahead and started asking a battery of questions regarding my reservations This was even after I presented to her a voucher processed in Manila. I was being handled like I was a crook when j fact my four day stay in this hotel for 16 pax has been fully settled prior to my departure . My sister even had to call in the manager for us to be able to check in after almost two hours . The free breakfast offered was pathetic . I just hope the hotel looks into the proper training of their specially with regards customer relations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank angiepalManila_Phils
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 27 January 2012

the hotel is nice, it has great view of the sea, it is very relaxing and good for honeymooners.however, if you plan to go shopping in hongkong i suggest this is not the hotel for you since it is quite far from the city.choose hotels near the central district, when you come down from your hotel room everywhere you see is a shopping paradise.we stayed there with my husband and 3 yr old daughter, it was a good bond since the place is quiet.good thing, were not there to shop, we just want our daughter to experience the happiest place in the world,disneyland!sure she did!

Room Tip: ask the front desk to book you on a room with the sea view for a more relaxing ambiance. opt for roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dines_dbj
Baguio City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I recommend this hotel because of its beauty, with ample room space (its good enough, as compared to other hotels in hong kong which have smaller areas). But the rooms aren't that perfectly clean. The carpet is dirty, pretty much like they didn't clean it for quite some time already. We got a room with a good sea view, but there were times when we can smell cigarette smoke (maybe from other rooms). And for the coffee, the noodles, etc in the room? you have to pay for it - additional! It's not complimentary.
The sink drainage is terrible. You better not use the sink, because the water will stay there forever. The bathroom is average, a little small. Not that clean either.
the hotel is a little distant from TST and other must see places but they have a shuttle every 10, 15, 20 minutes (depending on the time of the day) that would take you to the Tsuen Wan station of the MTR. while waiting for the hotel's shuttle, there's a line (no chairs), so you have to stand in line for quite some time. you just have to know the shuttle's schedule.
From our package, we got a daily plated breakfast (not buffet - buffet is additional $40 per person). Anyway, for the plated breakfast, its so boring because you get the same meal everyday! And we stayed there for 5days! (we didn't get the buffet breakfast because some guests are not that sanitary when getting food). They even ran out of table napkins.
There is also a language barrier with the hotel employees, making it hard to talk to them.
they don't have a waiting area in the lobby when you are waiting for your pick up (we were even asked to wait outside the hotel and its winter - so rude!) the front desk are not that courteous either. They don't greet you when you come in, and when you ask for help or anything, they talk indifferently. But of course, if you don't interact with them, the hotel itself is fine.
Overall, its okay to stay at this hotel if you're just looking for a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple